RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sleep Thread

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
How good is sleep? Oh man, I pulled an all nighter finishing up homework the previous night, but tonight, I get to get to bed real real early, and I'm gonna have a nice good rest. Hooray for getting my work done. @.@

How many hours do you typically sleep for? Do you have difficulty falling asleep?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I sleep an average of 5 hours a day, but I work nights, so I usually only go to bed around 5 or 6 am, and then wake up around 10 or 11. I know what you mean by looking forward to sleep. It's such a good feeling to finally get to drift off after a long day.

Rep:
Level 88
I get about the same amount of sleep. I usually get to bed about 1 to 2AM, wake up about 6 or 7AM. Although every now and then, I manage to catch an hour or 2 of a nap in the afternoon. It's kinda rare though.

Hah, it was a big transition from the summer where I went to bed about 11PM and got up about noon. :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I don't really look forward to sleep unless I'm super exhausted, which is pretty rare for me unless I go running to clear my head. I get about 5 Hours of sleep more or less, I choose to sleep around 1am or 2am depending on my mood I usually stay up this late on a side note because it helps me get to sleep easier because if I try going to sleep at say..10pm, I'll be in bed for a hour or more struggling to fall asleep and wake up with ache and pains.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Sleep and food is more of a thing I need rather than something I look forward to. -_-

I try to go to sleep after I've already finished my schoolwork for the next day and my bf has already gone off to bed himself, so I go to bed anywhere from midnight to 3 AM. I wake up about 8 or so on the weekdays, and wake up anywhere from 10 AM to 2 PM on the weekends.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Sleep is more than a necessity personally, it's really something you can look forward to at the end of a long day - just laying there doing nothing.
Usually it's 5-6 hours for me starting from midnight to 5-6am on a schoolday. Gotta jog in the morning to keep my stamina high and drink some milk. Then it's off to school at around 7:00.

Afternoon naps are bad for me, because it usually makes me sleepier when you well...wake up. It feels terrible. ;9
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I don't take afternoon naps because...
then I don't get enough sleep at night lol.

Anyways, I sleep at around 10:30-11, get up at around 5:30-6 on weekdays. Around 7:30 on weekends

Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I sleep from about Midnight-1am to 7:30.

I wish I could do without sleep though :/

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
midnight to 5:30-6:30am depending on what I decide to do that merry morning before school
:taco: :taco: :taco:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I sleep from about Midnight-1am to 7:30.

I wish I could do without sleep though :/

Well, I do it without sleep because it ruins the process.

oh wait you aren't talking about sex
k~
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
I try to sleep for at least 6 hours but i can't so i sleep for 2-5 hours but strangely enough i don't feel the least bit tired

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
In bed between 10 and 12  up by 7 at the latest, most days. Occasionally my routine is messed up, but it is rare.  Usually get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. 

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Some strange force from within me does not let me go to sleep until 11:30 at night at the earliest, typically i get eight to six hours of sleep, and i have to get up early. i guess i don't have anything to whine about, but i always look forward to sleep even if i don't get around to it for a while .-.

because i'm tired .-.

Spoiler for:
On another note, my other friend sleeps almost as much as ladyj, probably more. If i go to her house at 2:30 (Approximately the time school ends over here, btw) then she'll yell at me for waking her up so "early". Apparently she gets to sleep pretty early too.  have a theory about this, She's probably one of those superheroes who maintain their powers by eating alot, except in this case she diverts all of that into sleeping .-.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Sometimes when I don't sleep enough during the night, I lay my head down during study hall, and fall asleep there. But when I wake up, my stomach feels like shit.

It's a bad habit, staying up too late. And on weekends, sometimes I sleep until noon. Recently, I woke up around 5 PM on a Saturday. And to think, I used to have a problem GETTING to sleep, back when I was in Middle School. Now my problem is WAKING UP.

But if I can keep up my pattern I started last night, I'll be able to regain control again.

And what's so devilish about sleep? The moment you wake up, the first thing you think about is more sleep. =_= In reality, I just want to be able to wake up at 7 or 8 in the morning, during the weekends. Like I used to when I was an excited little kid. More time to play that way.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Use a good (or annoying) alarm clock, Animefan. Sooner or later waking up at 7 should come naturally in a week or two.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I've got TWO alarm clocks, and even when I position them far away from me, when they wake me up, my body has the willpower to get up... walk over to them, turn them off, and then lay back down.

And that's ALL my body has the willpower for, as I crash and fall right back asleep, this time without anything to wake me.

Augh... I suppose I'll just have to keep trying.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Have one set for the first one and one set for like 10 minutes later or so and see how that works out for you if you haven't tried it.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Have one set for the first one and one set for like 10 minutes later or so and see how that works out for you if you haven't tried it.
That worked for me.
Or you can set the alarm clock 10 minutes earlier and let yourself turn it off.
That way you can lay around for another 10 minutes before actually waking up.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Something my Dad used to do, was set his clock ahead a half hour. Not just the alarm, but the clock. This way, until you get used to it, you think you're late, but you really aren't. It would drive me crazy, but it seemed to work for him.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I useally sleep around 7-8 hours each night. I go to bed around 11PM, and wake up around 8.30AM. This will probably chagne later when I get a job.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Instead of having a normal alarm, I put my favorite songs as alarms and like, when they wake me up I want to sleep but i'm like "after this song ends"

but i'm totally awake by then
It's a nice trick.
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I just get up.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Instead of having a normal alarm, I put my favorite songs as alarms and like, when they wake me up I want to sleep but i'm like "after this song ends"

but i'm totally awake by then
It's a nice trick.

I usually don't go back to sleep while my radio's on, but it gives me less incentive to actually get up. I need a proper alarm, mine is some eight-year-old one and the only automatic beep is "this old man" and some other indistinguishable song .-.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Not radio >:C
I put them on my mom's cellphone and ..

=D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I usually sleep from 12/1 to about 8/9 on the weekdays. Wednesday and Thursday I work until 12 and have to get up the next day at 9, but it's not so bad. I have a terrible time getting up for my classes, though. I try to get up with time to shower and eat, but I usually end up staying in bed until the last minute and then running out the door to class, making it just in time. Sometimes I can catch a nap between classes in the music school, on the nice comfy leather couches they have, if I really need some extra Z's. I usually just tough it out until all my shit is done for the day, though.

On the weekends, however, I sleep forever. Mostly because my girlfriend comes over and ends up sleeping in my room on the weekends (every weekend for the last 7 or so weekends). So we sleep from like 2 am to until, like, 2 pm because neither of us want to get out of bed. :3

So, sleeping on the weekends in my favorite.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:21:09 PM by S'morelen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile: