RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game titles: What not to do.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Darkness of the Crystals: Wisdom Chronicles

^Cheesy name, that

Rep:
Level 82
Part of this balanced breakfast.
Wow. That was funny.

Ah, you won't have to worry about any of that in the game I'm currently creating. In fact, I can't even think of a title at this point. I usually save the titling for last. Kinda like most authors with their books. It's more fun that way. But so I can distinguish from one another, I gave it a working title. That working title being 'Taurus'. Why? Because that is the name of the town you start in.

...but, yeah. I see that a lot in RPG titles, too. And you know what else is funny? Japanese titles. I take Japanese class, so I know what I'm talking about. I once saw an RPG called "Shichimenchouken: Sword of the Seven-Faced Bird". They got that part right. But you know what's so funny about it? Shichimenchou...it means Turkey. Yes. In Japanese, Turkey is literally translated as 'seven faced bird'. Why? I don't know. I just had to laugh at the title because it looked like a person who knew almost nothing about the Japanese language made an entire game based around Japan.
"Maybe your imagination just smells like popcorn."

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Oh man that game, kinda sad that it was named Turkey O_o

Rep:
Level 82
Part of this balanced breakfast.
Blade of the turkey, more accurately. It's incredibly hilarious when people who know only the Japanese words 'kawaii' and 'sugoi' (most people think it just means 'terrific', but in proper context it means 'terrible') try to use the language.
"Maybe your imagination just smells like popcorn."

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I always thought "Legend" and "Chronicles" were severely overused, too.

Rep:
Level 89
Legend is over used, even in commerical games. I have not seen to many Saga ones.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:45:06 PM by Mad Klown »

Rep:
Level 74
A Fairy Very Wise
How about...

"Fairy Tail(Yes i know i wrote "tail") I:Darkness of Springvale"

And no. that between the Brackets is Not part of the Name.
If it was , God help us.

But anyway. That name Up there is a One hour Worth of thinking.
Take this Advice: "Meow" :3

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Bumping, just because the article linked on the first page caused me to make this.

:nham:

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
The Irish Insanity
Not entirely sure if this is the right place for this but.. Well, never know until you try.

Anyway.. I was thinking of 'Death Wish' for a game title, but I changed my mind a bit and decided 'Dark Wishes'. Are either of those names good for a fantasy RPG with a storyline that vaguely revolves around wishes?
SJ.Wolfe - Resident Lurker

Rep:
Level 71
Current project: Legend of Chaos (RMXP)
After reading this topic, I'm having doubts about the name of my project: Legend of Chaos...

So, any comments about it, or any advice to make a better name?  :P

Progression
Story: 13%
Characters: 25%
Classes: 25%
Map: 0%
Demo: 0%

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, it could be a lot worse:
i.e. "Eternal Tales of the Magic Chaos Dragon Legends - Act 1: Fantasy of the Eternal Crystals"
So yeah. Short and sweet, only one stupid word in it. Although, it would help to know what the game's about. Chaos Legend doesn't say much, but don't put the entire plotline in the title.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Now that Pacman has basically rehashed my first post, you should know what not to do.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Sorry Holk. ;9
It's just that your words are so wise...
I have to use them myself.

Rep:
Level 71
Although, it would help to know what the game's about. Chaos Legend doesn't say much, but don't put the entire plotline in the title.

Well, since I don't want to spoil the plotline just yet, I'll send you a PM with the information. Perhaps there you can help me out a bit!  ;D

Progression
Story: 13%
Characters: 25%
Classes: 25%
Map: 0%
Demo: 0%

Rep:
Level 71
There goes Lost Dark Fantasy of the Ancient Runes of Mana...

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
It should not have been there in the first place.
Usually, I'd never play a game that has more than one conjunctions or prepositions in it. Try to make a title that wouldn't take the player the amount of time it takes a snail to move a parsec to say. My current project has a single 4-letter word title. Lost Dark Fantasy of the Ancient Runes of Mana is not only painfully long and annoying (like some of my posts), it doesn't say much about the game. I think the point is to get some ambiguity out of it, not only ambiguity.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
How about... Chronicles of the Dark Crystals Part I: Dragon Chaos?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
How about... That joke was already made in the first post?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
How about... yes it was.

Rep:
Level 71
Doesn't make it any less worthy.
So...

Magic Fantasy Tales of the Eternal Crystal Dragon

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Tales of the magical epic hyper kawaii super crystal dragon guardian.