RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Project Leviathan

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
not so secret if you post about it  ::)  but yeah, I'm interested. I've been really wanting to try this game out for awhile now. It looks awsome and I know your mapping skills are top notch so I know I won't be disappointed  ;)

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
I want it as well. Been wanting to try this game for a while now.

- -

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It's secret because I'm only giving it out here and not even inn my blog :3
I was tired of playtesting by myself and haven't been too motivated to do it alone, so yeah.

I'll PM the ones who post here the download link.  :)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Be sure to check this list often, as well as the others.

I'm reserving this post for all the problems I encounter in your game, and I'll update as I progress. Remove them as they are fixed of course.

- Some objects are missing graphically, such as windows, barrels, etc. They're all white E tileset blocks. This is probably the most annoying thing right now, cause it's hard to navigate when semi transparent white things are blocking everything.
- On the roof of the shaman's house is a hole with a rope. The player can actually walk on it from the left, i suggest you add something to block the player.
- It's way too easy to die. A single monster attacks just as fast as you do, and the numbers flying everywhere are hard to tell apart. Not to mention the HUD could be a little bit bigger. I can barely ready my name let alone my HP.
- The GIRL blocking the storage transforms into a GUY. At first I thought i was mistaken, til I played it a second time.
- The guy who sits at the pub who says "Don't disturb us mongrel!" turns into a random head when talked to. You forget the direction fix a lot =\
- I can walk on the wall of the left center house in port soldew. You have events above here with the "through" box checked off most likely.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:36:57 AM by MrMoo »

- -

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I want it as well. Been wanting to try this game for a while now.

*posts*
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I'm reserving this post for all the problems I encounter in your game, and I'll update as I progress.
- "Dad's Letter" turns into a wine bottle/BBQ Chicken when you read it =\ (Which means use the direction fix in event editor)
- Some objects are missing graphically, such as windows, barrels, etc. They're all white E tileset blocks. This is probably the most annoying thing right now, cause it's hard to navigate when semi transparent white things are blocking everything.
- Maybe it's just me or does the facing down attack animation look really weird. All the other directions seem pretty stable but down makes you spin like crazy.
- On the roof of the shaman's house is a hole with a rope. The player can actually walk on it from the left, i suggest you add something to block the player.
- It's way too easy to die. A single monster attacks just as fast as you do, and the numbers flying everywhere are hard to tell apart. Not to mention the HUD could be a little bit bigger. I can barely ready my name let alone my HP.
-Fixed
-Erm not sure how to make it appear, because it appears on mine ;-;
-Fixed
-Yeah, I'm not exactly the best spriter - I'll make a request topic for that soon. EDIT:I'll come up with something better.
-Slow down monster attacks, noted. I need help on configuring the HUD script though.

Thanks for the comments so far, MrMoo. c:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:25:19 AM by Leventhan »

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
I found an error that Mr.Moo hasn't yet. I'll just edit this post if I find any more.

-When I reached the Outlaw camp, one of the npcs said "Hey you there!" (I think) and then he runs into the tree ._. thus, I can't move.
-When I talk to the guy at the NE exit, he says I can't get past him without a [tem=52^,
-I obtained an Outlaw Seal (Though he still calls it [tem=52^) and he says I can pass, but he doesn't move.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:38:02 AM by HowlingWinds »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I found an error that Mr.Moo hasn't yet. I'll just edit this post if I find any more.

-When I reached the Outlaw camp, one of the npcs said "Hey you there!" (I think) and then he runs into the tree ._. thus, I can't move.
Oopsies. :c
Sorry but in the meanwhile can you wait while I upload another version?

EDIT: This time it'll be unencrypted c:
         I trust you guys so it better not get out of this site :mad:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:43:02 AM by Leventhan »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Nice to know we're trusted, also I noticed some little white boxes do those have any purpose?
[hasn't found anything mr.moo, and howlingwinds hadn't mentioned yet]
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Nice to know we're trusted, also I noticed some little white boxes do those have any purpose?
[hasn't found anything mr.moo, and howlingwinds hadn't mentioned yet]
I've fixed it in the newest demo - which is being uploaded right now. ^^

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
This game looks great, and as always - your clearly the paragon of mapping! The HUD looks great and I don't think the storyline is too shabby either. Looking forward to the (public) demo!

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
GIVE ME THAT DEMO NOW! MUST PLAY! (I feel like a ravaging zombie)

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
GIVE ME THAT DEMO NOW! MUST PLAY! (I feel like a ravaging zombie)

But it'll spoil the game for you ;-;
Development's going slow :9

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Alright, so I finally playtested Leventhan after two weeks or so and wanted to share a piece of my journey across Soldew Island.  ;8
So, here you go. :3 Screenshots below!

Spoiler for There's nine of them :3 :

Yay! A shield!

Huzzah!

They're shooting arrows at me nooo
(Shields can't block enemy skills, including arrows :x)

Their aim is terrible fortunately.

Slice slice slice

Leviathan uses a loot system

Puzzles on the go.

What's this!? A mysterious atelier?

It's dark and creepy inside...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:15:24 AM by Leventhan »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Lol we're using the same ABS :3

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Really?
Awesome, isn't it? :3

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's what is making my game production about 80x slower. I have to make all the character graphics. Attacking and such. Plus a plethora of other stuff.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Indeed, it's slowing mine too. That's why I try to cut down on battle moves as much as possible. :/

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Lol mine will be ridiculous. But, I don't actually care how long mine takes to complete. ANYWAYS i like your game :3

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
lol I'm rushing it so I can put a rest to it as soon as possible before school starts.

Aww Thank you :3

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Where did you get your bear character from? It's in one of your screenshots on the first page. I've been looking for one ._.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Spoiler for:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Seeing great games like these really discourage me from making my own games.
It makes me feel like I'll never be able to put enough of what I know into my game to match the mastery that games like this exemplify.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!