RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Enabling Cheat Consoles

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Yet another thing Vista sucks with.

I'm still caught in a vortex between "should I leave Vista and switch back to XP or should I not?". I've already installed so much and I hate having to reinstall stuff over and over. It makes me insane.

I'm not ready to give up on Vista yet though. Besides, maybe when Microsoft comes out with "Vista Service Pack 2", all this shit will get better.

But for now, I need to know how to enable cheat consoles for video games. I'm doing a little experiment with Portal and I need to open up the game's cheat console. I'm pressing the "~" button over and over but it ain't working. The same thing happened with the cheat console for Sims 2, and I've been reading topics left and right complaining about the cheat console not working on Vista for ANY game.

However, the only topic I've read like that regarding Portal, was one that only had two replies, and neither was an answer.

So, how do I do it? How do I enable the cheat console for Portal on Vista?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ummm...the consoles open up for me and I'm on vista
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Congratu-fucking-lations

It doesn't happen to every Vista user, as I've deducted from the forum posts. It happens to half of us. It just picks people out at random.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Works for me too. Mess with your keyboard or something
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Like I said, "picks out people at random". Get over yourself and accept the fact that not every Vista computer is the same.

These "It works for me" posts don't help, because I'M not YOU. It works for YOU? That's wonderful, but it doesn't work for everyone.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Besides, maybe when Microsoft comes out with "Vista Service Pack 2", all this shit will get better

:moopost:

Please switch back to XP already and spare us the 500 threads you're going to make if you stay with Vista and encounter any sort of problem.

And fuck you. Who are you to tell anyone to get over themselves?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
That's my line!  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Can we PLEASE have an ignore feature, I'm tired of Animefan over-reacting and throwing a fucking hissy fit like a 4 year old girl every time somebody doesn't tell him exactly what he wants to hear.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
Like I said, "picks out people at random". Get over yourself and accept the fact that not every Vista computer is the same.

These "It works for me" posts don't help, because I'M not YOU. It works for YOU? That's wonderful, but it doesn't work for everyone.
well try looking on in the options for "enable game console".
I don't know if thats in all games but CoD4 has it. Try other games that allow you to go in the console.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

well try looking on in the options for "enable game console".
I don't know if thats in all games but CoD4 has it. Try other games that allow you to go in the console.
Holy shit! It really works! I had no idea it would yadda yadda yadda...

Well then. Due to my lack of common sense, it is obligatory that I apologize.

The four year old Shinto girl grown 17 year old Shinto guy says, "sorry guyz!"

Now, I shall use the Portal gun in Half Life 2!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:09:59 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I could have answered this from the first post, but I was too busy killing children and stealing Tesla Armor.

Shame I missed a fit.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Start the game with the "-console" command line.
bringing sexy back

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
You can also manually set another key by opening the cfg/config.cfg file of the game/mod and changing this line: bind "<key-you-want-to-use>" "toggleconsole"

try that if the above doesnt wokr :D