RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Super Humans & Normal Humans a Divided race ?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Hi all,

I have not been about for some time... Here's something I found that may spark some debate.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4869C9B35799034D

Basically... The future could mean those with money could have extra abilites over those that don't... And to some extream the Human race could Split...

How do you think this could be regulated...?

Do you feel its fair to place a price tag on evolutional jumps ?

And lastly... If you could have an extra ability what would it be ?

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Well, I imagine it would be very expensive.

But if I could, I would choose strength because I wanna be stronger.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
In a way, we already are split. Athletes are well-maintained machines that can run ridiculous distances, in shocking amounts of time, can jump higher and farther than normal people, can last longer, hit harder, etc...

And some people count calories, exercise daily, and still don't loose any weight, and get stuck with an "average" physique.

And how do athletes get so athletic? By spending money at gyms, spending money on surgeries if they hurt themselves, spending money on supplements to make them stronger, and yeah

lol ~

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm definitely falling into the superhuman category. 

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
The power to manipulate time would be great. Then I can undo mistakes. ;9
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The power to manipulate time would be great. Then I can undo mistakes. ;9

Hope you don't run into your mom and dad having sex any time soon, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rep:
Level 85
You could stop time for everyone else and Rape their churches Steal their goods

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Telekinesis (by which i don't mean moving a spoon like some people may be able to do) in mega action.

Like picking up heavy metal peices like on TV

also, time travel/illusion creation.

It could happen in a while maybe. They'll give more emphasis to things easy to make and then slowly create a world of evil, destruction and disaster!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
Lol, that video reminded me of MSG Seed, and that didn't turn out too well... Both 'races' of humans ended up trying to tear eachother apart, one believing its okay to alter genes, the other believing its inhumain.

Anyway, if I had a power... Dunno. Can't think of anything at the moment.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
The power to get answers for any question would also be great and insightful.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
thed have to keep the prices low.

if they dont "upgrades" will go underground and turn into a sort of drug.

"oops i gave you the turkey transformer instead of the teleporter" comes to mind

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
lol

I know I already posted, but I think mind alteration would be cool.
Rather than directly controlling someone, like mind control,
I would like to be able to alter people's opinions on things, or people :P

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Shooting bees out my arm for the fucking win

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I'd like to be able to grow plants. I would grow really big trees, and attack bad people by growing plants under them.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I wish I had the power to turn Elitist Debate back into Intelligent Debate.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I wish I had the power to turn Elitist Debate back into Intelligent Debate.

Good luck with that one.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
[offtopic]But only a handful of us attempted to keep debate intelligent, which is why it is what it is now.[/offtopic]

My power? I wish I could stay in shape no matter what I did or did not do. It sucks trying to get back into shape.

I'm not so sure about "super humans" and "normal humans" becoming a divided race. We're still humans. Just because I can hear about five times better than most normal people doesn't mean I consider myself superhuman.

Most of these are things that can be conditioned or done with a simple gene splice. As for the blind guy painting... my theory? He's a savant. A lot of people who are blind from birth have amazing depth perception, more so than normal people because they have no sight, and it's more dangerous for them if they can't properly determine the distance to the edge of the road, et cetera. We don't really know how a savant's mind works, but apparently they think of data in colors and shapes. Just because he's blind and hasn't seen what we perceive to be colors doesn't mean his mind can't form its own system of colors. The part of his brain that perceives color is still there, it's just there's nothing sending signals to it.

Actually, to be honest, the only one I was interested in was the blind painter, because studying his mind, along with that other savant guy (who has pretty much none of the drawbacks of being a savant) can help us understand how the mind works.

As for human genetic engineering. I'm not entirely sure on my position when it comes to that. From a religious standpoint it could be said that improving on the human body is wrong, b/c it's like saying God messed up when he made us. However, that is a completely uneducated idea and doesn't really hold up to religious belief. If the Bible did say that it is wrong to improve on the human body, then I would have lost my leg when I broke it, my dad wouldn't be alive today, and millions of others would have died. According to the Bible our bodies are degenerating with each generation due to sin (more diseases, et cetera). Actually, that's how it is according to the 3rd law of thermodynamics as well.

I suppose the politically correct way of saying it would be "supplementing"  the human body. Or something like that.

Personally, I think it would be cool to be able to see in the dark, or run faster without breaking a sweat. But we have to remember from a practical standpoint, what we have available to us,  criminals will have available as well.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."