RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
E3 2008 lol

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

It's a gaming event
Covered by G4TV

So every year a really big gaming convention goes down and G4 covers it. There are always big press things including conferences from Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. They announce games and G4 shows us demos of the games.

Discuss what you want to see at E3 and whatnot.

I'll try to watch it, and I'm especially looking forward to some Animal Crossing Wii media. =o

Spoiler for WHAT'S GOING DOWN!?:
Monday July 14th
1PM ET – Half-hour pre-show followed by the entire Microsoft Press Conference – live and commercial free on-air and online.
6PM ET – EA Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
7PM ET – Two-hour E3 Preview Show featuring the following DEMOS:

* Fallout 3
    * Fable 2
    * Halo Wars
    * Ghostbusters : The Videogame
    * Silent Hill: Homecoming

Tuesday July 15th
12PM ET – Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Nintendo Press conference
2:30PM ET - Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Sony Press conference
5:30PM ET – Ubisoft Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
6:00PM ET– Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:

* Gears of War 2
    * Resistance 2
    * Killzone 2
    * Rock Band 2
    * Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    * Prince of Persia
    * Street Fighter IV
    * Lord of the Rings: Conquest
    * Dark Void

7:30PM ET – CAPCOM Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
11:30PM ET – ACTIVISION Press Conference - Streaming coverage on G4tv.com

Wednesday July 16th
5:30PM ET - KONAMI Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:

* Resident Evil 5
    * FarCry 2
    * LittleBigPlanet
    * Dead Space
    * Spore
    * InFamous
    * Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    * Left 4 Dead
    * Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
    * Crysis: Warhead
    * Shaun White Snowboarding
    * Deadly Creatures

Thursday, July 17th
6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:

* Mirror's Edge
    * Madden NFL '09
    * Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
    * Tom Clancy's EndWar
    * Project Origin
    * Banjo Kazooie
    * Face Breaker

Friday, July 18th
7PM ET – Attack of the Show E3 Wrap-up Special
8PM ET – X-Play “Best of E3” Special

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 11:37:03 PM by Dr_Doctor »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
End War looks cool, like you said "I'm especially looking forward to some Animal Crossing Wii media". I'm really hoping for some release dates =3
Specifically looking forward to seeing what Nintendo's "new game" is going to be...Also, hoping for Player's Choice Wii games, but it's not very likely.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
    * Fallout 3
    * Gears of War 2
    * Street Fighter IV
    * Resident Evil 5
    * Mirror's Edge
    * Tom Clancy's EndWar
    * Banjo Kazooie

Only games that matter
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 87
Banjo-Kazooie, hell yea. I want to see if they ruined it by adding so much vehicle gameplay or if they actually kept most stuff from the originals.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
    * LittleBigPlanet
    * Left 4 Dead   
    * Fallout 3
    * Gears of War 2
    * Street Fighter IV
    * Resident Evil 5
    * Mirror's Edge
    * Tom Clancy's EndWar
    * Banjo Kazooie

Only games that matter
Fixed

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
LOL is anyone else watching Microsoft's presentation? It's fucking laughable! They're trying so hard to follow in Nintendo's footsteps with their avatar bullshit, and photo-capture games. It's kind of pathetic.

I laughed out loud when they unveiled the new startup interface, and it was DEAD SILENT for like 15 seconds.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
UNNNOOOO RUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
LOL is anyone else watching Microsoft's presentation? It's fucking laughable! They're trying so hard to follow in Nintendo's footsteps with their avatar bullshit, and photo-capture games. It's kind of pathetic.

I laughed out loud when they unveiled the new startup interface, and it was DEAD SILENT for like 15 seconds.
Yes, it's pretty hilarious. It seems like they're trying to appear to casual gamers, and that's not why I bought a 360. >:|

Rep:
Level 97
FINAL
FANTASY
XIII
Confirmed for 360 :3

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
MotionPlus 1:1 kinda annoys me, but if they implant them in all the new wiimotes and have colors, I wouldn't mind playing an extra 5 bucks for Black and Red Wiimotes. :3

Rep:
Level 102
MotionPlus 1:1 kinda annoys me, but if they implant them in all the new wiimotes and have colors, I wouldn't mind playing an extra 5 bucks for Black and Red Wiimotes. :3
Just wait until the press conference. I'm hoping they won't be like "THIS IS REQUIRED FOR ALL GAMES IT COSTS 50 DOLLARS LOL" or "THIS IS REQUIRED FOR TWO GAMES IT'S 50 DOLLARS LOL." I'm hoping they'll be like "We will ship this to you for free, and it works with most games."

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Just wait until the press conference. I'm hoping they won't be like "THIS IS REQUIRED FOR ALL GAMES IT COSTS 50 DOLLARS LOL" or "THIS IS REQUIRED FOR TWO GAMES IT'S 50 DOLLARS LOL." I'm hoping they'll be like "We will ship this to you for free, and it works with most games."

Wait, I don't see why it wouldn't work with all games, it's just an add-on that improves the motion sensibility, isn't it? 

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

Wait, I don't see why it wouldn't work with all games, it's just an add-on that improves the motion sensibility, isn't it? 

I think it is a matter that the game itself will be like "YOU NEED MOTIONPLUS TO PLAY"
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I think going from MotionPlus to a wiimote without it might feel a bit sluggish, especially games designed with MotionPlus in mind...But I have a feeling it's more like the Zapper. But I could be wrong, I'm very curious to see where they go with it.

P.S. The chick in RE5 is hawt. It makes me want to drop 250$ on a 360.  :=:

Rep:
Level 97
I think going from MotionPlus to a wiimote without it might feel a bit sluggish, especially games designed with MotionPlus in mind...But I have a feeling it's more like the Zapper. But I could be wrong, I'm very curious to see where they go with it.

P.S. The chick in RE5 is hawt. It makes me want to drop 250$ on a 360.  :=:
Dead Or Alive 4
Dead or Alive Extreme 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Oh look three Team Ninja games with hot women.
You best buy that premium son, the arcade won't treat you well.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
You best buy that premium son, the arcade won't treat you well.

LOL

So yeah, there isn't much to talk about since Microsoft ended, now we wait for the next day...

Yes, it's pretty hilarious. It seems like they're trying to appear to casual gamers, and that's not why I bought a 360. >:|

I kinda wish you could put different clothing on miis.
"Darwin" anyone?

Rep:
Level 102
Maybe you'll have to enter long codes for each game, like the power glove. :V

Rep:
Level 96
FINAL
FANTASY
XIII
LOL PS3 is doomed!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
FINAL
FANTASY
XIII
LOL PS3 is doomed!

Sony is going extinct.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
My new speaker system is Sony, though, so maybe they should just get away from videogames.  ;8

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe could either be done very right or very wrong.

I hope it goes right.

Rep:
Level 96
I really hope Guitar Hero's song creator thing works out...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Maybe you'll have to enter long codes for each game, like the power glove. :V

Wait what?

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe could either be done very right or very wrong.

I hope it goes right.

I agree.

Rep:
Level 102
-copied and pasted from another post of mine on another forum-

I watched both the Microsoft and EA press conferences, and I'll be watching the Nintendo and Sony ones tomorrow.

I think that the 360's new UI is a useless update, and the whole avatar thing is unappealing to me. I bought my 360 to play less casual games, not to create another Mii and play uno with them. It's apparent that Microsoft is trying to appeal to casual gamers to perhaps get some of casual gamers that Nintendo has.

Gears of War 2 looked really cool. I never actually got around to finishing the first one, but this one looks way better. The way you can use bodies and shields to protect yourself was really neat. I will most certainly be getting GoW2 shortly after it's released.

Fallout 3 looks really promising. I like having the choice to take a violent and a non violent route. The weapons look awesome, and having the ability to pause the action and select parts of the body to shoot at is really different. I'm going to stay on top of this game, and I may buy it when it comes out.

Fable 2 looks like a really unique game. I've been needing a new roll playing game, and this one seems to be what I want out of an RPG. I like having freedom in a game. An RPG without freedom isn't really much of an RPG to me. Fable 2 certanily gives you a lot of freedom. If I want to blow my son's head off with a gun, let me do it. If I want to open up a shop, give me that option. Freedom is what attracts me, and I'll without a doubt be getting this game.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Nintendo's press conference tomorrow. We haven't seen much come from Nintendo lately (other than Wii Fit) so I'm expecting a lot of big announcements. I'm especially looking forward to hearing about Animal Crossing Wii. =o

Rep:
Level 96
I'm a little angry ... the G4 channel has disappeared from Comcast, and upstairs it's just static.

Seriously, what the fuck? Why today?