RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Obama vs McCain

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Alright, I saw this on some other forums, so let's debate.

http://www.barackobama.com/index.php
http://www.johnmccain.com/

Who do you think would be the best US President?

I wouldn't associate myself with either party, but I like McCain a bit better, mainly because Obama appears to be an elitist (his remarks about rural America pissed me off).

I'm interested what some non-americans think about this, if y'all follow our elections over seas.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
McCain can't say a speech if his life depended on it :/ horrible, horrible speaker. As well as age. It sucks, but yes age does play a role in this
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
McCain, because I'm Texan, and because I can.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
McCain's age isn't a bad thing at all, his age gives him much more political experience than that of a young inexperienced senator.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:24:10 AM by Falcon »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
McCain, because I'm Texan, and because he is the best choice.

Quoted for truth.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I would prefer Obama, although I'm still reading about McCain.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
Scooby dooby doo
McCain.
He's pretty chill, dawg.

:bean:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
We only hear the results on the radio over here, lol. I could care less, but I don't really think anybody as young as Obama should be president. I don't anyone old like McCain should be elected either.

Don't care either way.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Don't care either way.

Obama I guess, though haven't followed it too much. Lol'd at other people in the press always "accidentally" saying Osama.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
McCain. I agree more with the things he says, and I believe he would be better for the country. And Obama was in a racist church.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You know what? I wanted Hillary.

Obama is...well, I don't know! I am having some difficulty finding him taking a stance on much of anything! While I disagree with some of what McCain says, I would definitely assert that he's a very smart man.

I'm tempted to vote for him, tbh.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
You know what? I wanted Hillary.

I can only pray that you were joking.

Plus, if Obama gets presidency and picks Hilary as his Vice President, she'll become president anyway.
If you know what I mean.

Rep:
Level 85
if Obma gets elected and tackes hillery as vice presedent i will move to china
//img146.imageshack.us/img146/5391/ubd5282fs3vb6.png

Rep:
Level 85
Forgive me, but I do not like John McCain. I was not a fan of George W Bush's presidency, and from what I can tell, McCain's campaign originated off the idea that he would finish what Bush started. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. I haven't been keeping up with the election, but I knew that I wouldn't be voting red this year.

Obama might not have the resume that McCain does, but goddamn, Obama is a mighty charismatic fellow. Character really is something I like to see in my president.
yes!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Forgive me, but I do not like John McCain. I was not a fan of George W Bush's presidency, and from what I can tell, McCain's campaign originated off the idea that he would finish what Bush started. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. I haven't been keeping up with the election, but I knew that I wouldn't be voting red this year.

Obama might not have the resume that McCain does, but goddamn, Obama is a mighty charismatic fellow. Character really is something I like to see in my president.
Obama attended a church that preeches hate against white people and the United States. He had been attending the church since the 80s. Sounds like a nice president, right?

Rep:
Level 85

Obama attended a church that preeches hate against white people and the United States. He had been attending the church since the 80s. Sounds like a nice president, right?

Obama's pastor preached some pretty piss-poor stuff, I agree. He addressed that and condemned the words of his pastor. If you're familiar with the christian faith, a pastor literally becomes like a part of your family. He baptized his children, and has been a part of his life for such a long time.

If your brother started saying he hates the united states, white people, and The Dark Knight, you certainly wouldn't think much of him for saying those things, but you still love and care for him because he's your brother.

And honestly.. that's the only legitimate potential dirt I've heard on Obama.
yes!

Rep:
Level 102

Obama's pastor preached some pretty piss-poor stuff, I agree. He addressed that and condemned the words of his pastor. If you're familiar with the christian faith, a pastor literally becomes like a part of your family. He baptized his children, and has been a part of his life for such a long time.

If your brother started saying he hates the united states, white people, and The Dark Knight, you certainly wouldn't think much of him for saying those things, but you still love and care for him because he's your brother.

And honestly.. that's the only legitimate potential dirt I've heard on Obama.
He attended the church since the 80s and the pastor had been preaching all this for a LONG time. Your story would seem to be an examination, except for the fact that Obama said he was shocked at what the pastor said. He's been preaching this anti-American bullshit for years and Obama is just now shocked? Sounds like Obama didn't exactly plan on everyone finding out about his church of choice, so he's making up a little story in attempt to protect his chances at becoming president.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

No one cared if presidents was racists in the past, it's only a problem 'cus it's a Black guy against the white people.

Rep:
Level 102

No one cared if presidents was racists in the past, it's only a problem 'cus it's a Black guy against the white people.
Really? I happen tot think all racists are morons. How about just about every black person saying they're going to vote for Obama simply because he's black? How is that not racist? Martin Luthar king said "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
True, but so are politicians :/

Anyway, thought he is/was racist, it's only been brought up due to the fact it was Black hating whites, though nowa days racism is found in everything, 'cus people like to bitch, so i doubt it would work that way.

And for black people voting for obama, a hell of a lot of white people will vote against to stop a black man being president.

Rep:
Level 102
And for black people voting for obama, a hell of a lot of white people will vote against to stop a black man being president.
The racist ones might, but I know plenty of white people that want to vote for Obama. I haven't met one black person that doesn't want Obama to be president.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Then you have  won this round.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The Foreigner/Inmigrants also support Obama . . . At least, from Puerto Rico that I know of (Thou my parents wanted Hillary than Obama).

Rep:
Level 85
The racist ones might, but I know plenty of white people that want to vote for Obama. I haven't met one black person that doesn't want Obama to be president.

I don't see how that is Obama's fault.

As for the pastor issue, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrp-v2tHaDo&feature=related
I'd say watch the whole thing, but if you're concerned about his views on his pastor, fast forward to about 5 minutes in.
yes!

Rep:
Level 102
I don't see how that is Obama's fault.

As for the pastor issue, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrp-v2tHaDo&feature=related
I'd say watch the whole thing, but if you're concerned about his views on his pastor, fast forward to about 5 minutes in.
Politicians lie. Every single politician out there would deny his anti-American views, because they know it isn't going to help their campaign any. If a man was in the KKK since the 80s, and the word got out, and he suddenly said "I'm only in the KKK because the leader of our group introduced me to my religion" nobody would believe him. It's simply a lie to get back some of the votes he lost when the word got out. I couldn't stand sitting in a room listening to a man scream "NIGGERS ARE RUINING THIS COUNTRY!" for decades. Even if I knew the leader, I wouldn't continue being a member. Don't take the words of a man in trouble as fact.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 01:18:04 AM by Raphael »