RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make light for lamps and how to make fire? [RESOLVED]

Rep:
Level 85
How to make light for lamps and how to make fire?

I know i keep asking these noob questions, but if it means anything i search before i post.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:44:56 AM by memyselforwho »

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
I like your questions (and they're not noobish, you'll lose self-confidence by thinking that).

There is a script (or an event system) somewhere with the light, but for making a campfire, do THIS:

Make an event (the fire). Uncheck "Move Animation". Check "Stop Animation" and "Direction Fix". Choose the fire graphic ( I'd recommend the third line of "Light01").

DONE! ;)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks a lot =D

I'll see if I can find that script, and I'm glad you don't think so haha, most forums I join I can at least contribute something, but here I sort of feel useless lol.

EDIT: I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. Do you know who made it? Maybe I could search by name.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 05:26:40 PM by memyselforwho »

Rep:
Level 86
Not sure who made it. I'm not even sure it was on this site when I think about it. Most likely it was on hbgames.org or rpgrevolution.com. I'll get a link in a sec...
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 85
Not sure who made it. I'm not even sure it was on this site when I think about it. Most likely it was on hbgames.org or rpgrevolution.com. I'll get a link in a sec...

Thanks a lot, for some reason I can't even go to hbgames.org... and rpgrevolution loads only the main page...

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, there's some trouble on rpgrevolution right now, but it's real sweet when it works. hbgames.org, I don't know. Oh, and it's an event system, I believe.

Rep:
Level 85
awesome, thanks. I'll just wait until rpgrevolution works and search.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
what exactly are you looking for?
could you be specific?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
what exactly are you looking for?
could you be specific?

I was playing someone's demo here, and when it became dark outside their were lights lit on the lamps in town, and on/around the houses. I know how to do the whole day/night thing, but how do i create the light?

(thanks)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you can create a cosmetic fog.

here's what you do
zoom out to 1/4 in the editor, and Screenshot your map
then open up photoshop (or gimp or something else that allows transparencies)

then, create a new layer and paintbucket fill black
make that layer semi-transparent, then create circular gradients from black at 0% transparent to black at 100% trans parent, over the lights

delete the screenshotted map, and export as a png

..........wow those instructions were convoluted...
if you don't understand them...let me know, and I'll try posting an example or something

Rep:
Level 85
you can create a cosmetic fog.

here's what you do
zoom out to 1/4 in the editor, and Screenshot your map
then open up photoshop (or gimp or something else that allows transparencies)

then, create a new layer and paintbucket fill black
make that layer semi-transparent, then create circular gradients from black at 0% transparent to black at 100% trans parent, over the lights

delete the screenshotted map, and export as a png

..........wow those instructions were convoluted...
if you don't understand them...let me know, and I'll try posting an example or something

I sort of understand what you mean, but if you could post an example that would be awesome =D

Thanks a lot ; )

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
alright, I'll post a finished product, along with a screenie of the map I make it for.
it'll be really simple like, I'll edit this post with it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:18:45 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 85
alright, I'll post a finished product, along with a screenie of the map I make it for.
it'll be really simple like, I'll edit this post with it.

Thanks a lot = D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
screenie of tha map:

create the fog over it(new layer), so that the light has the gradient circle:

remove the bottom layer (map screenshot):

set the fog on the map with a parallel process, fog at 160 alpha, matching the size of the map(if screenie was at 1/1 - 100%, 1/2 - 200% 1/4 - 400% (Size):

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks a ton it works like a charm.  ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
glad it works for you ;)
please add [resolved] to the topic title if this is all set