RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Quest Journal v. 2.1

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
It is below all exept for main, I can't understand why it won't work... Unless it needs the paragraph format script. (doubtful)

It needs the paragraph formatter script.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It needs the paragraph formatter script.

Thanks cozzie :)

Rep:
Level 83
It is below all exept for main, I can't understand why it won't work... Unless it needs the paragraph format script. (doubtful)
Are you dense? Did you even bother reading the main page?

This script also REQUIRES the Paragraph Formatter

Its right there!

Sorry to sound mad but...at least read the main page....geez

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
You will die with honor...
Lol. I'm felling stupid...  ;D
thnks

I put it in, but it's still giving me that nilclass error.
What's that mean? It must be because of a conflicting script or something...
 ???

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Hey modern algebra I made a program in visual basic that helps users easily make quests. I decided to post it here if thats ok. I actually made it for a friend who used your script but why not let everyone use it right?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b2mdpo

Should be simple enough if anyone needs help on it let me know!

Sorry for the HUGE necropost. Thought it was a necropost xD
Hey guys? Who wants this updated for saving and loading support? Except this time it'll be remade in c#, possible a different design. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions k?

EDIT:
Heres a preview. Its all I got so far.
Spoiler for:

EDIT 2:
Heres a preview of the Quest Editor itself.
Spoiler for:

EDIT 3:
I finished the config and sent it to MA. He's testing it and making sure it generates the script right. When I get his input I'll release it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:30:09 PM by game_guy »

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
WOW! game_guy that's cool i took a look at the old version, but this one is really a master piece hope you release it soon ^^

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Here it is. http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,38995.0.html Maybe you missed it. I released it a few days ago. Anyways enjoy! =D

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
Thank you game_guy :)

Rep:
Level 84
Hey MA.  Awesome script.  One problem, I'm using your Phantasia-esque CMS (http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=35085.0) and I keep getting errors.  I've followed the instructions to get it to work, but it's not working.  How would I make it so that I can access the Quest Journal from the menu?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Umm, try placing the Quest Journal above Phantasia in the Script Editor, and then add it to the menu through the interface in Phantasia-esque

Rep:
Level 84
Oh, what do you know, it works.  Thanks.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
When do you roughly thing you will make version 2.0 of the Quest Journal? :P

Rep:
Level 97
Not for a long time. Lots to do before then.

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
Im new in this, and im just starting to figure out how to use scripts (it seems important if you want to make a prober game) Can anyone tell me how to use the quest log? and maybe some basics knowledge about scripts?

Thanks you in advance :P

RMRK Junior
that drives me freaggin mad  >:(

im german but i can understand english very good.... but....  HOW CAN I GET A QUEST INGAME I HAVE NO DAMN CLUE HOW TO GET THEM INGAME!!!

sry for capslock but its so annoying theres no explaining in this thread about that..... :mad:

i have that script that i need for... and i have the journal config.

so what do i have to do ? -.-

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
What are you talking about? It says them in the instructions. You can also check the demo to find out how it works.

RMRK Junior
What are you talking about? It says them in the instructions. You can also check the demo to find out how it works.

how do i import a quest  into a event ?!....

i really dont get it
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:19:14 AM by flumi94 »

RMRK Junior
I get all the scripting, but my Quests Journal won't show up in the menu... does a quest have to be available already, and how do you do that when the game starts up?
Behold the power of Emperor Mateus, the girliest looking male villain out there! (I'm playing FF2 right now, so that's why I have this sig.)

Rep:
Level 97
Well, no, but you have to turn the MENU_ACCESS constant to true. If it still isn't there, it means you're probably using a custom menu scene and I can't help you unless I know what that is. Most custom menu scenes have built in ways to add new scripts to the command list, so just add it as you would any other script.

I've got the quest script as well as paragraph formater put below everything except for main. Here's the error:

Rep:
Level 97
probably means you have woratana's monster book or something. Go into the script, press CTR+H. In the find field, put "disabled_commands". In the replace field, but "ma_disabled_commands". Replace all.

Ty modern.

(never would have thought of that)

New error.
This time it popped up when i selected the even that starts the quest.
Yes I did fill out the quest info and objective.

Rep:
Level 97
When you reference a quest it should simply be 1, not quest_1.