RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy Dissidia 012

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20702.html

Seeing the success of Super Smash Bros, Square-Enix decides to make a fighting game using Square's characters.

For the PSP.

I guess it could be okay, but I'm sure they won't bring any other characters into it like, say, I dunno, Kid, Crono, Elazul, GENO (since they technically have the rights to him), and all those other, fantastic, NON-FINAL FANTASY characters. No, because it's Square-ENIX now, and they only care about Final Fantasy because they know it'll make money, I guess. I dunno.

But hey, who knows, this may be awesome after all.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:13:53 PM by Zylos »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Zidane and Kefka better be in it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
They won't be because people might like that.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
So, when you say "Characters from final fantasy" do you mean, character from final fantasy 7? That's all ENIX seems to care about.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
So, when you say "Characters from final fantasy" do you mean, character from final fantasy 7?

There is only one answer to that.

Yes.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
From the pictures I've seen, characters like Zidane and Garland are in it, but no Kefka.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
So, when you say "Characters from final fantasy" do you mean, character from final fantasy 7? That's all ENIX seems to care about.

The only good Final Fantasy characters you can hope for are from 9. They don't care about the classic (actually pretty good) games anymore.

I would also bet that it will feature the entire cast of 7 and that Cloud will be insanely more powerful than everyone because he's just so awesome. ::) :@

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Is this going to be one of those games that's fun but too complicated for anyone to play?
Because it looks ok, but it also looks hard to play.

Because fools will buy into it. Square-Enix can put FF7 in front of anything and it's a success.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
As much as I enjoyed Final Fantasy 7, despite everyones tries to tell me it is a bad game, I'm glad that it isn't Final Fantasy VII Dissida.

I'd buy it.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I'd love to see a pixelated Cecil in this instead of his new fancy 3D model.

Oh well, it'll probably suck anyway.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Prediciting this will be as big a failure as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
but no Kefka.

;9

Good news BOE. Kefka has been spotted in a recent Dissidia poster, which means he IS actually in the game.

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
Zylos, any pics online from that poster?

Seems like Dissidia will feature 2 characters from each FF series, 1 hero, 1 villain.

So, the possible lineup for the game could be this one:

Warrior of Light / Garland (Confirmed)
Firion / Borghen (Possible lineup)
Onion Knight or Luneth or Refia (since there's few female characters, Refia from the remake is most likely to appear) / Dark Warrior (referred in the background story)
Cecil (Or paladin Cecil) / Golbez (Most likely)
Bartz / Gilgamesh (Gilgamesh better appear or else i'm gonna be pissed.) Or X-Death
Terra / Kefka
Cloud / Sephiroth (Sephiroth Confirmed)
Squall / Seifer (Most likely to be lined up like this, since Ultimecia is way too overrated.)
Zidane / Kuja (Confirmed)
Yuna or Tidus / Seymour or Jecht (Another possible lineup)
Vaan or Basch OR Asche / Vayne Solidor
Lightning (FFXIII) / ??? (No Boss yet known)

This is just speculation, but if the lineup gets to be this big, they could at least make the game more interesting by adding DQ characters or even Mana characters, since these were spawned FROM FF.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
This is the poster.

These are the only confirmed characters so far:

Spoiler for:
- Final Fantasy - Warrior of Light, Garland
- Final Fantasy II - Firion, Emperor Palemecia
- Final Fantasy III - Cloud of Darkness
- Final Fantasy IV - Cecil, Golbez
- Final Fantasy V - Exdeath
- Final Fantasy VI - Kefka
- Final Fantasy VII - Sephiroth
- Final Fantasy VIII - Squall, Ultemecia  (Not Seifer? That sucks...)
- Final Fantasy IX - Zidane, Kuja
- Final Fantasy X - Tidus, Jecht (Why not Seymour...?)

There will be supposedly ten main characters, each with their villain counterpart.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 12:59:05 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 96
I want to see Kafka V Sephiroth
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
lol, I can see that now...

Kefka: "You gonna cry, you little Mama's boy? You gonna cry?"
Sephiroth: "Shuddup, you stupid goddamn clown!"

Rep:
Level 96

Sephiroth: "Shuddup, you stupid goddamn clown!"

FIX!

Sephiroth: "..." *emo*
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
If Kefka's in it, then it may actually be worth buying. =o

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Kupo!
im so excited i cant wait for this to come out :) ;D
Kupopo!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It's not coming out until late next year.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I can imagine Sephiroth will be the biggest baddest most impossible to fight character that you unlock last. ;<

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I can imagine theyll do some stupid shit and stick Mickey and Ursula in

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I can imagine theyll do some stupid shit and stick Mickey and Ursula in

That would be the awesomest stuff ever

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
I was more hoping Rosa or Celes would be in it  ;9 but at least there are FFIX characters  =/

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
at least they're not giving into the rabid FFVII fanbase on this one.

Kefka, Kuja, and Zidane all make me consider buying this.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
OMG! Did that trailer have Zidane voiced... OMG.
Wonder who'll they get to play Squall? It'd better be somone with a hot voice or I'm gonna smash SquareENIX.
Zidane +trance+kuja=pwn.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
They'll probably get the person who voiced Squall in Kingdom Hearts to go again for Dissidia.

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Maybe, but Squall is a lot younger in the orginal FF8, around 8 years. I hope they get a teenager the right age to play him as a teenager, like they did with Sora in KH.
I'm pretty sure they changed the voice in KH2 anyway...

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
In KH2, yeah they did.  KH1 had David Boreanas as the voice of Leon/Squall.  I think his was a rather appropriate voice; pretty much what I imagined he would sound like anyway.  The guy in KH2 wasn't too bad, but not the same.

Rep:
Level 85
... X0X...
I saw the Japanese Trailer 2 for Final Fantasy Dissidia, from overall the trailer, I DON'T SEE ANY SIGN OF CLOUD IN THE TRAILER???!!!! I had heard Zidane and Squall voice from this trailer nothing but OMG Zidane voice is sooo cute and Squall's voice SOOOOOOOOO DAMN???????????? :tpg:?Well Squall's voice is a little different from KH2 because I heard his voice is a lot younger compare with KH2...

Here's the 2nd version of Trailer for Final Fantasy Dissidia.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35593.html

Rep:
Level 96
I saw the Japanese Trailer 2 for Final Fantasy Dissidia, from overall the trailer, I DON'T SEE ANY SIGN OF CLOUD IN THE TRAILER???!!!! I had heard Zidane and Squall voice from this trailer nothing but OMG Zidane voice is sooo cute and Squall's voice SOOOOOOOOO DAMN???????????? :tpg:?Well Squall's voice is a little different from KH2 because I heard his voice is a lot younger compare with KH2...

Here's the 2nd version of Trailer for Final Fantasy Dissidia.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35593.html

Please leave.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
Meh, the Final Fantasy series has so many characters in it, they could release this game like 5 times, adding a handful of characters every time. I find it very sad that this will have only 2 characters per game.... if we could pressure them to do 2 characters per release... We'd have so many more characters that way... :D

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Who the fuck would buy a game 5 times for more characters.

Rep:
Level 87
People who play Super Smash Bros. And a handful of other fighting games. I'm not saying all they'd add is more characters, and I was implying that the releases would be timed further apart than a couple of weeks. I meant that they wouldn't easily run out of characters to add, so if they so wished, and these games had enough success, they could easily continue a "Dissidia" series.

Rep:
Level 96
You know why they really can't get along? Because the currency doesn't match! Some people wanna pay with Gold, some with GP, and what the fuck is this Gil shit!?
LETS FIGHT

Rep:
Level 96
You know why they really can't get along? Because the currency doesn't match! Some people wanna pay with Gold, some with GP, and what the fuck is this Gil shit!?
LETS FIGHT

Isn't gold and GP the same thing? (Gold piece)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
NO GOLD IS GOLD AND GP IS GP OR MAYBE A PIECE OF GOLD AND A PIECE OF GOLD IS NOT WHOLE GOLD LETS FIGHT

See what I mean?

Rep:
Level 96
Megaman confirmed.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
The price of freedom is steep.
To be honest, I think that (Even though I know he won't be) Zack should be in the game, instead of cloud.  After crisis core, it's very obvious that he's a much more likable and cool character than spikey.

If square were clever, they'd realise that the PSP has some awesome ability... called Download Packs.  If they released a download pack with say, three to five characters in each, or just a site that let you download a character individually, the game would be so much more enjoyable, because people could just download any characters that weren't already in the ame.

Rep:
Level 97

Gee man you aren't biased at all.

Rep:
Level 89
They need characters from square games other than final fantasy. They should throw in Chrono trigger/cross
characters. Like Glenn or Crono.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It's been heavily hinted that there will be hidden characters, but whether they are simply more Final Fantasy characters or some characters from other Square games is anyones guess. My money's on just some more of Square's favorite Final Fantasy characters (like Vincent or Seifer) and the two big bosses of the game (Chaos and Cosmos).

Spoiler for Announced Cast So Far:

These are the officially announced characters that will be appearing. Only Sephiroth is missing from the picture, due to Square's obsession with putting all of the major hype on him and the FF7 hero. For those who don't already know, the characters in the picture are: Garland (FF1), Warrior of Light (FF1), Emperor Palamecia (FF2), Firion (FF2), Ultimecia (FF8), Squall Leonhart (FF8), Kuja (FF9), Zidane Tribal (FF9), Jecht (FF10), and Tidus (FF10). Other characters have been spotted, but have yet to be officially confirmed by Square.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:15:00 PM by Zylos »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Well idk but the only reason I'm interested in this is because of a 3D Firion

Otherwise it sounds pretty lame in general :(

Rep:
Level 87
Was discussing this with a friend of mine yesterday, and he thinks that the reason Cloud hasn't been confirmed is that Square plan to completely milk FF7 characters.

Sora would be a cool character to play, also, but I doubt any characters like that will be in it (Even though Sora can technically be considered FF)

hmm... What about the numberless final fantasies too?  Did square forget their Tactics / advance / A2 stars?  Montblanc would be an awesome character.

Rep:
Level 97
Was discussing this with a friend of mine yesterday, and he thinks that the reason Cloud hasn't been confirmed is that Square plan to completely milk FF7 characters.

Sora would be a cool character to play, also, but I doubt any characters like that will be in it (Even though Sora can technically be considered FF)

hmm... What about the numberless final fantasies too?  Did square forget their Tactics / advance / A2 stars?  Montblanc would be an awesome character.
In that case I nominate Mog, from Crystal Chronicles.

Rep:
Level 97
Mog was playable in FF6. He should totally be in it.

Rep:
Level 96
GEE I WONDER IF ANY FF7 CHARACTERS WILL BE IN IT :V

Firion is the most badass looking character, ever.

Rep:
Level 87
if this game is an FF7 overload, and doesn't feature any non-FF characters, I'm gonna lose faith in Square forever. 

Final Fantasy has just about had it's day, especially since games like this, and the terrible sequels, prequels and spinoffs SquareEnix have made recently. 

Rep:
Level 89
if this game is an FF7 overload, and doesn't feature any non-FF characters, I'm gonna lose faith in Square forever.
90% yes FF7 overloaded, 0.00005% chance of non-FF chars. prepare to loose Faith.

I SAW NO KEFKA!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Final Fantasy has just about had it's day, especially since games like this, and the terrible sequels, prequels and spinoffs SquareEnix have made recently. 

Remains of Final Fantasy series reputation
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 96
I still think FF13 looks really cool, though. It looks like FF8, in terms of the setting, and it hopefully it'll drop the politics bullshits and just go for awesome.

Rep:
Level 89
I still think FF13 looks really cool, though. It looks like FF8, in terms of the setting, and it hopefully it'll drop the politics bullshits and just go for awesome.
Yes i hope it does. I also hope they put it on the computer. I don't have a PS3 or a Xbox 360. ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9

Rep:
Level 87
Montblanc would be an awesome character.
Um... no... Of course, kicking her ass again and again would be quite enjoyable, but I don't think she really needs to be in this.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I always thought it was a boy

Rep:
Level 87
Aw, crap, I was thinking of Leblanc... o_O

*Hits head*

Rep:
Level 96
I couldn't remember who Leblanc was, so I googled it and threw up because all the repressed memories I had about FFX-2 came rushing back.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
GEE I WONDER IF ANY FF7 CHARACTERS WILL BE IN IT :V

I DONT KNOW, BUT THAT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!111!!!!!!11!
I REALLY LIKE CLOUD!!!!11111121!!!!

Rep:
Level 87
If FF7 outweighs other games in numbers of characters, I won't buy this.  Any FF7 fanboys or girls who disagree with me, shoot me.  But FF7 has been overdone and overdone and overdone and overdone again.  Someone should make a fuss over the other, seemingly neglected episodes of FF.  I don't mean make an entire series to surround them (Like FF7), but just to make one sequel, or make a PS3 or PSP port for it, with awesome graphics.

Rep:
Level 97

Rep:
Level 96
World's not polarized, Halo. You can be tired of FF7 remakes and still be a fan of the original.

Rep:
Level 97
World's not polarized, Halo. You can be tired of FF7 remakes and still be a fan of the original.
His avatar is from Crisis Core .-.

Rep:
Level 96
Maybe he just likes the character?

Rep:
Level 97
To be honest, I think that (Even though I know he won't be) Zack should be in the game, instead of cloud.  After crisis core, it's very obvious that he's a much more likable and cool character than spikey.

If square were clever, they'd realise that the PSP has some awesome ability... called Download Packs.  If they released a download pack with say, three to five characters in each, or just a site that let you download a character individually, the game would be so much more enjoyable, because people could just download any characters that weren't already in the ame.

Gee man you aren't biased at all.

AFTER CRISIS CORE D:<

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, fine, I'm wrong. He's a douchebag.

Rep:
Level 87
Ugh... Just because i liked one game from the FF7 "compilation" doesn't mean I agree that Enix should have made so many goddamn games.

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
Um, i think they'll just stick to the numbered series. Because 1: It's a FF Main Saga anniversary. and 2: It's going to have at least 24 characters. 24, from 12 games, 26 if they announce FFXIII characters.

Also, I think the Download pack would be awesome to have. Like releasing at least 1 character from each game at a time.

I'm really hoping they put Kefka/Terra, Bartz/ExDeath, and Cecil(Paladin)/Golbeza. And in the likely chance they make FF11 characters there, which I doubt, they should put some characters from the game's story. Asche/Vayne should be acceptable as well.(FFXII)

Rep:
Level 89
list of chars they should have from each game.
FF-light warrior/Chaos
FF2-Firion/Emperor
FF3-haven't played it  ;9 ;9 ;9
FF4-Cecil/Golbaz
FF5-Bartz/ExDeath
FF6-Kefka/terra(or celes)
FF7-Zack (or Cloud)/Vincent
FF8-Squall/Seifer
FF9-Zidane/Vivi( ;8 )
FF10-Auron/Seymour
FF12-Moogle/ashe

Note:List of people that i hope are in this game ;8 ;8 ;8

Rep:
Level 87
I don't see how any FF3 characters would be in, due to there being so many jobs in that game.

Rep:
Level 89
I don't see how any FF3 characters would be in, due to there being so many jobs in that game.
there would be i don't know any FF 3 Chars

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
So far, there are only ten main characters and ten villain counter-parts, plus the possibility of hidden characters (assuming that the villains themselves are not hidden characters). Aside from the confirmed characters, the Cloud of Darkness, Golbez, Exdeath, and Kefka have all been spotted in a promotional poster. It can also be pretty much assumed that Luneth, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, and Cloud will all be in the game (seeing how they are the main characters of their games).

But there is no mention or even any suggestion that any character from a game beyond FFX will be included. So, I think it's fairly obvious that Square Enix plans to only use character's from games one through ten, meaning that it's extremely unlikely that we'll see Vaan (FFXII) or Lightning (FFXIII) in the game.

@Droginator - I don't see why there shouldn't be any FF3 characters. Thanks to the DS remake, the characters got a solid image and personality, and supposedly you are able to change Jobs (i.e. fighting style) in Dissidia, so they should be able to come up with plenty of possible character designs for the FF3 characters.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

Cloud of Darkness would be awesome in this game

Rep:
Level 89

Cloud of Darkness would be awesome in this game
thats the only one i know besides moogles.

note:they need moogles!!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

dude, go back to page one, Kefka was confirmed

Rep:
Level 89

i know but i need to see him fight.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

i know but i need to see him fight.

ok, my bad

pokeball Sx2OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
UltimaKirby
$20 says this game is not gonna be as cool as it sounds
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby Player
Brawl Code - 1375-6864-5199
PM to Brawl me

Rep:
Level 97
Page 4 its a little late to be bringing that up, also Roph made a post similar to it, read a topic before posting.

pokeball Sx2OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
UltimaKirby
Page 4 its a little late to be bringing that up, also Roph made a post similar to it, read a topic before posting.

...ok...next time I'll make sure to read EVERY post since page 1 and make sure i'm not copying anybody cause u know no one copies posts...
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby Player
Brawl Code - 1375-6864-5199
PM to Brawl me

Rep:
Level 97

...ok...next time I'll make sure to read EVERY post since page 1
Thats the general idea of a forum :|

.. and make sure i'm not copying anybody cause u know no one copies posts...
:baww:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Necroposting to show off an awesome image someone brought up in IRC.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Prediciting this will be as big a failure as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz

This was the first PSX game I ever played. I don't remember if I liked it or not.

Rep:
Level 98
It will sell a million copies for Cloud, Sephiroth and Tidus alone.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

This was the first PSX game I ever played. I don't remember if I liked it or not.

Dissidia actually looks far more badass than Ehrgeiz ever did

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
of course it does. dissidia's being released over a decade later.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
of course it does. dissidia's being released over a decade later.

I don't mean graphically
it could be graphically superior and still look less badass than Ehrgeiz.

I'm talking concept wise, and gameplay vids here.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
you're missing my point. half the characters in this game didn't even exist when Ehrgeiz was released. there's more material to work with so it's easier for Square Enix to ensure that this game is a good one.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you're missing my point. half the characters in this game didn't even exist when Ehrgeiz was released. there's more material to work with so it's easier for Square Enix to ensure that this game is a good one.

I thought you were talking graphically, ok then, I agree :3

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Bartz and Exdeath has just given me another reason to get this.

Also:

Onion Knight vs. Cloud of Darkness
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:31:55 PM by Tezuka »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

Also:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

Also:

That is pretty intense. O_o
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I hate to admit but this game actually looks kind of cool

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
that's awesome, the onion knight can change classes :D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Needs a Firion vs Emperor gameplay video NOW

Rep:
Level 98
The colors to all the backs of your avatars represent the colors from the logos.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ya I knoe, cool innit?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I hate to admit but this game actually looks kind of cool

Have to agree, been playing Final Fantasy games since they game out and never thought this kinda thing would work. But ... I will enjoy this one just cause is mixes them all into one game.

Rep:
Level 97
The fighting looks kinda like Kingdom Hearts

Rep:
Level 88
Since I saw these (I'm thinking they are real) I pretty much made up my mind I'm buying this game  :)

Shantotto ftw!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
If those pics are real then it looks like FFXI has a few in it. Probably as a few of the secret ones or something. If it's true, then I'll be getting this game. Otherwise, I might still be getting it. See how it progresses.

Yay for Kefka  :tpg:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
"Square Enix made a little surprise announcement for Dissidia Final Fantasy at their FFXI event “Vana Fes 2008 in Korakuen” last Saturday. Final Fantasy XI’s black mage Shantotto was confirmed to make her appearance in the battle between Cosmos and Chaos with Megumi Hayashibara as the voice actor. Expect more information about her from the Japanese mags soon."

Having never played XI, would there be a main villain to counter Shantotto, or is Shantotto a stand-alone character?

Rep:
Level 96
I hope kefka is like the joker from The Dark Knight.

It was not by my hands that I was once again given gay sex.
It was men, who wised to pay me tribute.
TRIBUTE? You suck men's dicks and eat their cum.
That could be said about all gay guys.
Man ill needs a gay man such as you.
Enough talk, lets do it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97

Why? You want him to be horribly bad?

Enough talk, lets do it.

That's Castlevania you oaf. :mad:

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Having never played XI, would there be a main villain to counter Shantotto, or is Shantotto a stand-alone character?

She's kinda part of a coalition of lots of people from the 4 'main' cities (where you originate from). They all act against a variety of bad guys due to the nature of mmorpgs but I guess the main ones would be the Shadow Lord (original, huh?) or the Zilart Princes who are just plain evilness. I played ffxi for a few years so I speak from some kind of experience  :D

Looking forward to the game even more now!

Rep:
Level 96

Why? You want him to be horribly bad?

>_>
I liked him fage.

Enough talk, lets do it.

No, it's from Final Fantasy 2.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Enough talk, lets do it.

No, it's from Final Fantasy 2.

No, it's from Castlevania
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260785/quotes

Rep:
Level 88

She's kinda part of a coalition of lots of people from the 4 'main' cities (where you originate from). They all act against a variety of bad guys due to the nature of mmorpgs but I guess the main ones would be the Shadow Lord (original, huh?) or the Zilart Princes who are just plain evilness. I played ffxi for a few years so I speak from some kind of experience  :D

Looking forward to the game even more now!

It makes sence that they picked shantotto from FFXI as she does spring up time and time again in almost every storyline. I don't think she will be up aggenst the Zilart or anything to do with the Zilart mission since she never shows up in them. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in a completely new match for her, seeing as there is an expantion coming out that is completely revolved around her (Probably due to her appearence in FF: Dissidia) which will explain more about her, because all we know now is that she trained from her father and came from a long line of black mages (I'm not 100% sure as I'm not Windurstian so there could be more background to her in those missions vs the random snippets I found on FFXIwiki) Then again, SE might just throw Khimaira 13 in FF: Dissidia since that really is the only monster you fight along side with her. Though nothing logical seem practical, because due to the combat speed of FF: Dissidia I doubt she is going to fight this:

Flying lions, no thanks~
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:15:44 AM by HowlingWinds »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
It makes sence that they picked shantotto from FFXI as she does spring up time and time again in almost every storyline. I don't think she will be up aggenst the Zilart or anything to do with the Zilart mission since she never shows up in them. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in a completely new match for her, seeing as there is an expantion coming out that is completely revolved around her (Probably due to her appearence in FF: Dissidia) which will explain more about her, because all we know now is that she trained from her father and came from a long line of black mages (I'm not 100% sure as I'm not Windurstian so there could be more background to her in those missions vs the random snippets I found on FFXIwiki) Then again, SE might just throw Khimaira 13 in FF: Dissidia since that really is the only monster you fight along side with her. Though nothing logical seem practical, because due to the combat speed of FF: Dissidia I doubt she is going to fight this:

Flying lions, no thanks~

Well, if that picture is anything to go by then she has upwards of 9999 (hp?) and can probably take quite a beating from the lion with wings before she goes down. Perhaps long enough to beat it? And there's a new expansion for it coming out? Omg :O Too bad I don't play anymore...

Besides, if SE is anything to go by, they will just shove the biggest bad guy from ffxi in it whether or not Shantotto helps fight it!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'll be the first to say it: The novelty of Dissidia will wear off quickly.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
But Roph said it several months ago.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Then I'll be the second.

Rep:
Level 88
Videos have been released

Her special move is Chainspell/Manafonting Ancient Magic (Tier I), She can melee with her staff and can use the weapon skill "Retribution" but just like in FFXI, you are better off having her spam Tier I magic, because she can slaughter anyone pretty quickly.

Spoiler for:
Just a few fun facts for those who don't play FFXI

Chainspell: Allows rapid spellcasting. (Red Mage's 2 hour ability)
Manafont: Eliminates the cost of magic spells (Black Mage's 2 hour ability, just assuming she uses it since she is a Black Mage)
Ancient Magic: Ancient magic spells are Black Mage spells that deal large amounts of damage at the cost of large amounts of MP and long cast times.
Retribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_b3vEM-iaI
Spells used in her special move: Flare, Tornado, Quake, Flood, Burst, and Freeze

Then I'll be the second.

True, but might as well enjoy it while it lasts

Fixed your links.

Edit: Thank you for fixing my links
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:13:28 PM by HowlingWinds »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Then I'll be the second.

True, but might as well enjoy it while it lasts

See, I'm not sure if I agree. One could easily have said the same thing about Super Smash Bros. when it first released, and now it's one of Nintendo's most popular franchises.

Rep:
Level 94
Smash Brothers is boring.

Rep:
Level 96
You're boring. :mad:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Smash Brothers is boring.

The general public seems to disagree, which was my point anyway C=

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
bumping this for a really awesome video I found.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
One year bump because I love this game. Even though it's a one-year bump, this game's only been out in the US for 4 months or so. Despite that, I've only had this game for a month or so. The worst part of this game is that I want a PS3 :mad: Then I could play online with other people. I'm only limited to the few people who have a PSP who live near me.

If you guys completely neglected looking at this game ever since this thread was made, I have opinions about it if you feel like reading:

Spoiler for:
Yeah, this game is a lot like Super Smash to me. It's a lot like SSB in many ways, actually. For one, I've played only two to four of the games the characters are from, yet I enjoy the characters equally. There is a tier-list for this game, but that's obvious because it's a fighter game. However, just like SSB, the tiers are arguable, and they really don't account for much if the player sucks anyways.

Pros and Cons
  • Skills and Attacks - With the exception of Bartz (who's meant to have copies of others' moves), everyone has unique skills (despite being classified as "close," "mid," or "long" range) that are appealing to the eye. Even for Bartz, he doesn't completely rip off moves and instead takes two moves or so and combines them together.
  • Extra Content - Lots of stuff to do. There's the "Duel Colosseum" where you get items for exclusive weapons (which take forever to get ;9) and for your better equips. The PP shop also has lots of stuff to do. One bad part is that nobody really knows how to get 100% completion in the Destiny Odysseys... lol... It's said that it's actually impossible in a few of them.
  • Exclusive Weapons - Speaking of exclusive weapons in the Extra Content, you're actually able to SELL them. And never get them back again. That means that, unless they were regular weapons to begin with, you have to restart your save file to get them.
    • Damage System - The BRV and HP attack thing makes sense, but it's kinda weird knowing you can basically OHKO anybody with the right strategy (which is how people easily power level to 100, but that's really unimportant because levels aren't too important). However, despite this, even if you get BRV break'd (you hit the enemy to below 0 BRV and you take the stage bravery (hard to explain ;-; )), stage BRV isn't always too much, and it's very possible to win.
    • Combos - You can basically spam a favored combo and easily win. This isn't actually too bad, either, because you'll need to be able to block efficiently and time everything correctly. There's still a bit of skill involved with this.
    • Fighting System - Some people really have a problem with the fact that the characters are flying all over the place. The thing is that this game was apparently based quite a bit on Advent Children (or so I've heard) and even Cloud's alternate look is his AC attire.
    • Character Choice - This isn't a complaint I have, but it's one I've seen quite a bit. Some people complain saying "why that character... why not this one?" For the sake of story (despite the story's near-uselessness described in the next bullet), they chose people who were related to each other. They didn't necessarily have to completely oppose each other (such as Jecht and Tidus). Also, if people put... some some dude from Shinra like Reno or something instead of Sephiroth for FFVII and the fangirls complained, people would just scoff and say, "pfft, Sephiroth fangirls are retarded." That could go for the whole Gilgamesh-ExDeath people.
      • Story - Even I can tell the story's awful. We got some dude named Chaos (from previous FF) and Cosmos who're in an obvious good vs. evil battle. Something happens and I personally didn't care because the story was really fractured. You see the same thing over and over because each Destiny Odyssey (story for good guys) has a few guys walking together.
      As you can see, most of these are actually cons. However, the cons aren't all too bad (except for the story, but story's been going downhill for the FF series since the beginning from what I've heard). Also, I didn't list the greatest pro of all: The multiplayer.

Playing with others is so much fun. Although delay and lag are obvious in the chase parts, it's overall fine if you're playing ad hoc. It just becomes as fun as any other fighter game, and this one's unique. There's a whole bunch more I can say about DFF, but I actually have to sleep so g'night.
Also, I found this thread because I was looking for the used-DS site thread. :P

Also, to be correct, the game's actually "Dissidia: Final Fantasy." :P[/list][/list]

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
You can play online with xlink kai, no need to have up close friends for online. Anyway, the game is pretty cool but single player gets really boring after a while. You can finish the full story mode in about 30-40 hours and that's that.

Rep:
Level 94
It's just fan service. The only really good thing about it is the soundtrack. The story is stupid, and the gameplay is alright for a bit, but like Skanks said, it gets monotonous. I played it for a few hours and then deleted it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, XLink Kai, but that still requires specific routers. :P

And yeah, Single Player is pretty meh. However, multiplayer, I feel, is what makes this game worth it. It can get competitive (at least it does/did for me :P), and it can get really fun if you have a friend to play with. But, yeah, if you don't have anyone to play with, this game gets really old really fast. If my friend didn't play it, I wouldn't have gone through all the stories (which was just to unlock content so I could get better stuff).

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Yeah, XLink Kai, but that still requires specific routers. :P

Aslong as you have a mid-spec (b/g standard) wireless adapter and a wireless router, it's pretty much guaranteed to work.  :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Really? I've seen a list where it says "it won't work unless you have these routers" and there's some .bat program or something that checks if it works or not. Idk what b/g standard is, but I think my router's a pretty decent one. Idk :P

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Xlink used to use a router hacking technique, so you could have been reading up on that. Xlink now uses a new technique, where you use a PC with a wired (or wireless if you have two adapters) and a wireless adapter.

The way it works is that when you make an Ad Hoc lobby, it gives off a wireless signal (as usual) which most modern wireless adapters can pick up, you just need to find the signal as you would do with any other connection with an adapter on the PC the wireless adapter is connected to (like finding a router or access point signal). What Xlink does then is divert that signal through the internet, connecting to other people, creating one large lobby.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:19:48 PM by Tezuka »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Super necrobump to put out the news that Dissidia is now getting a sequel called Dissidia 012. The entire cast from the original Dissidia will be returning, along with some newer recruits. The only confirmed ones so far are Lightning from FFXIII, Kain Highwind from FFIV, and Tifa Lockhart from FFVII. The character designer has also hinted that he may be including Gilgamesh from FFV and Sazh Katzroy from FFXIII. Can't find too much information yet, but it sounds like more fan service is in the works for sometime next Spring.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Personally I wanna see Seymour and Seifer get in there. Then again, I've not played FFXIII yet to see what characters there are for it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm looking forward to this 8D Hopefully they'll balance out the battle system a bit more so it's more than just "break them until you get 9999 and go for the HP attack" and add some more depth to the game. It'd be so much more fun that way D8

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I hope they add Zack from crisis core  ;8

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Basch...it needs Basch

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Terra needs to be better in this game. Way better.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I hope they add Zack from crisis core  ;8

No. Square-Enix is already tempted to throw in all of the FF7 characters as is. <.<

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Terra needs to be better in this game. Way better.
Pfft might as well put Terranort in the game, too, and save the graphics artists some time - Just recolour him 8D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I just wanna see Beatrix in. Not really hyped for the sequel since I hear they're complaining about space issues on the PSP again. Cut out those fucking useless cutscenes that nobody watches and add in another character or two. Also, in celebration of the coming release of The 3rd Birthday they gave Lightning an Aya Brea costume (In T3B they gave Aya a Lightning costume). Cross-promotion yay

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Two more confirmed characters: Vaan (FFXII), and Laguna (FFVIII).

Gotta say though, I'm not happy with how they're selecting characters to put in. In the original Dissidia, it was the main hero from each game and their main villain counterparts. It was pretty much unbiased, with the exception of adding Jecht in over Seymour. With 012 though, it feels like they're just putting in their favorite characters now. Perhaps its just me, but Seifer would have made a much better choice than Laguna, due to not only having a bigger role in the story, but having a more understandable battle set-up compared to Laguna's machine gun. They also openly stated that they wouldn't even make the game if they couldn't add in Tifa (and we all know why Square Enix loves her), and are adding in extra characters before even deciding on the villain counterparts for FFXI or FFXIII. They were considering dropping Vaan altogether originally, due to voice actor issues.

Willing to bet right now that Auron from FFX gets added in because of how popular he is for Square.

Rep:
Level 75
It was pretty much unbiased, with the exception of adding Jecht in over Seymour
I think they ditched Seymour because he was more of Yuna rival, while Jecht is more connected to Tidus.
And as much as I prefer Laguna as character, Seifer, or even Rinoa would make more sense.
I'm pretty neutral about Tifa. I like her, but dunno, I always saw her as someone who's tagging along with Cloud.

I don't know if they're gonna add Auron or Yuna, they're both pretty popular.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It was pretty much unbiased, with the exception of adding Jecht in over Seymour
I think they ditched Seymour because he was more of Yuna rival, while Jecht is more connected to Tidus.
And as much as I prefer Laguna as character, Seifer, or even Rinoa would make more sense.
I'm pretty neutral about Tifa. I like her, but dunno, I always saw her as someone who's tagging along with Cloud.

I don't know if they're gonna add Auron or Yuna, they're both pretty popular.

Oh, I understand why they added in Jecht. They needed someone connected to Tidus, and it made more sense to use his father over Seymour since the latter was more connected to Yuna than Tidus. Seymour just feels more prominent of a villain and comes first to mind when you think of antagonists in the game. Kinda like Golbez with FFIV, since he's technically not the main villain of the game but certainly takes the spotlight as the most prominent villain.

But seriously, now they're just going with their favorites and doing the "Oh, we gotta throw this guy in, everyone will looooooove him!" routine.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Square is horrible for that. No really, it's disgusting. I hate that they ate up Enix, I LOVED Enix games before Square consumed them and I'm still terribly bitter about it.

WHERE ARE THE REMAKES OF THE SOULBLAZER TRILOGY, HUH? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GAMES LIKE BRAINLORD?

Anyhow I'm done. But I'm just saying I'm not remotely surprised at this turn of events.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
More characters! Yuna from FFX, Prishe from FFXI (who?), and finally... GILGAMESH! ...from FFV. Finally a new villain!

The new gameplay seems pretty interesting though. Instead of a "game board" story mode, it's an actual world map and stuff. Not sure how it works yet, but it sounds more like an actual Final Fantasy feel this time. In addition to the summons from last time, there's also a new Assist system where whoever's with you at the time chips in briefly to help you in the fight. The demo shows aeris using a move that momentarily halts the opponent's movement.

They're throwing in a lot of new arena's and music tracks, too. Prima Vista from IX, Phantom Train from VI, the Crystal Tower from III... pretty cool stuff.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I don't know how they're gonna make everything fit on one UMD though. They had space issues last time, and now they're practically doubling the content.

Rep:
Level 94
Are you sure its a UMD release?

Rep:
Level 96
I just now realized that this is MY thread, but someone changed the title. :p

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It comes out this month :o

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I tried out the japanese version's demo, it feels...really fast? Lightning happens to be a beast, shes kinda broken.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm going to wait for the US version. They made balance patches from the JP to US version in the original Dissidia, and I expect it to happen for 012 as well. And Lightning being a beast is probably just for now, if anything. :P If not, then she'll probably get patched lol

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
COMES OUT IN 11 MINUTES LOL. Well, just starting tomorrow.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?

Rep:
Level 87
Came out several days ago for me :V

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
IT'S OUT! I downloaded it o 3o

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Just got this game, still playing as Jecht and being overpowered.