RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Marry Our Daughter

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
http://www.marryourdaughter.com/

Just wow. I know there's a whole Christian backing to this site, but this is just taking eharmony to a whole new level. Not to mention the kids being sold are just that, kids. Impressionable as they are, and fed the same crap their whole life about how this is the right way to go about marriage, it's just ridiculous. I don't have any real will to stop this, what these people do is their business, but advertising your teenage girl to a bunch of faceless men seems very insensible to me.

Your thoughts?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
This looks like some shit from then 17th century, the price is basically a dowry (I believe that's the word for it). This is pure greed from looking over the testimonials, the parents just want to get rid of their children and get some money.

Are you sure this site is legit, if so, wow, this has to be illegal somehow.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
It could be illegal depending on which state they're in. Some states have the minimum age at 14 while some have it at 16. Still, it seems wrong. I mean, the parents are basically just selling their children to complete strangers over the internet!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
If my parents did that to me, I'd rather run away.

It has to be illegal, or a hoax . . . I find it completely wrong in every humane way. Selling your Daughter for money to meet a stranger, <shrugs> It would be creepy if that person turns out to be some Overweighter or a really old man.

>__>;;; And this is my first post in this Part of the forums.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
All the pictures are blurred out. I smell a scam.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, initial thoughts were this obviously isn't real. Oh well. I suppose this should be locked, unless it turns into a debate over appropriate age of marriage or something.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I think it should be locked because it WILL, but then again...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah, initial thoughts were this obviously isn't real. Oh well. I suppose this should be locked, unless it turns into a debate over appropriate age of marriage or something.

I think there should be an appropriate age to marriage, even if this is a hoax. The guy just claims it to be one, just to escape problems.

Proper age in marriage is very imp...blablablablabla

Arlen is hot.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
This site may be a hoax, but it seems you all have something against arranged marriages.
Seriously, why? I mean I think weirdo Christian sects and cults are as upfucked as the next guy, but arranged marriages are a part of many religions and cultures and have been for millennia. It's cultural/religious/both, and it's no less "humane" than love marriages. The children are raised in the mindset of arranged marriages, and so (or at least in most cases) were their parents. You could call it brainwashing, but that's tantamount saying every facet of a culture or belief system that doesn't quite fit in with what you believe, or have been raised up with, is due to people brainwashing and indoctrinating their youth.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

The <3 of RMRK
Rep:
Level 87
:< I'm too old

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I've heard of arranged marriages, but this is ridiculous! (cue studio audience laugh track)

DAMMIT! Parental gold diggers. Hardly deserving to be considered human. The same scum that took my dad's ability to get a job, or any respect, through their fake lawsuits. If I ever find these parents who use their kids to get cash, I'll line them up in front of a P90 and send them all to kingdom come. Those people make me sick. Seeing a site like that just makes me want to cry. I doubt that any those people really care about religion, but just about money.

I've never been against arranged marriages. Personally, I'd never be willing to do something like that, but some people are, so, whatever. In some countries or some portions of some countries, it's done for traditional, cultural, or even religious purposes.

But when it's done for cash... for greed... just for a bunch of green rectangles... it's wrong. Horribly wrong.

Well, if this site is supposed to be all Christian, then I never want to hear anybody say "I'm a good Christian man" again, because just being Christian is no longer a to way ensure that you're a good person. I started saying "I'm a good Shinto man" just to assert my religious rights. The bible should really have something in it about going to hell if you force your kids to marry people they didn't have any choice in. Or does it? I never read it.

This website is the same as those "Russian Mail Order Bride" sites. The only difference is that the brides from Russia are looking to get married so they can leave their country.

Oh wait, the google page said it was a hoax. Well... that guy is freakin' funny! *clap clap clap* But still. If it weren't a hoax, it would be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:38:10 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 91
Christian backing my bunghole. I think that was part of the joke.

You guys actually though this was real?

"If someone tries to debate you into changing your mind about your belief in God, that's not indicative of atheism in its truest form. It's just the work of an asshole who refuses to have the same respect for you that he demands you have of him. When one takes it to the point of debating your religion (or worse), they're overthinking it, and it becomes something similar to doctrine - the very thing atheists supposedly reject." - Mullis Lives!

Rep:
Level 85
This is either really funny or really sad,either way Samantha was only $49,000, So....
Hours spent so far on RPG MAKER ONE PS1:210:34

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Check those ages.
Those girls aren't even grown up!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I wonder how Malson found out about this site.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Check those ages.
Those girls aren't even grown up!

Why don't you check those post dates?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I wonder how Malson found out about this site.

suiko showed it to me