RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ethereal Dreams

Rep:
Level 86
Project of the Month winner for February 2008
Let the Canucks take over the world!

And I'm not quite sure I actually know what you mean. Are you talking the hair or the shirt? Oh, and btw, Teuvo is a guy :) Elfs tend to be excessively feminine.

for reference, here's his concept chibi:

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
>_< He's too cute @_@

And AZN PRIDE -.-!!!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
<3 Femenine, Cute <3 Like it <3

Rep:
Level 86
Though I'm sure if he got called cute, he'd eat joo = D

Anyways, update of the week: Finished the normal enemies for Tujesti, however, we don't have a backdrop yet, so enjoy the mocked-up goodness

Rep:
Level 88
goodtimess
Hey! I downloaded this game a couple days ago off of RMN. Its so sweet. good job. not finished it but yeah.
What the?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Rep:
Level 86
MAJOR UPDATE
With the recent release of RPGMaker VX, Maks and I talked a lot about the future of Ethereal Dreams.  After weighing the pros and cons, we've officially decided to switch development to VX!

Since this meant redoing a lot of resources, we’ve come to the conclusion to take Ethereal Dreams to a new direction.

To showcase this new development, we’ve prepared a short [20mins] demo for everyone to play.  We hope you enjoy this exciting new turn!

For more information, see the updated first post.
But, for quick access: Download Demo [Here] (11.8 MB)
I recommend checking out the Controls image included before you begin.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:12:14 AM by Racheal »

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
LMAO!

april fools? *seriously hops you guys arn't serious*

haha, it still looks great, funny as hell though "horse butt" XD

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
hahahaha

Very nice! The new direction this game is taking is quite inspiring really :P

But actually wow, if this were for real It would still make an awesome game :)

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Oh ho god.  XD

At first I wasn't going to download this 'cause I thought the screens were just mockups, but this is just lovely.  Congrats on the job well done.

PS: I want these scripts, dammit.  You better release them when this is done.  XD

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
This was awesome!! I like it very much!  ;8

Rep:
Level 86

@monkeydlu: Congrats on being the first person to figure it out (or at least voice it.) Horse Butts actually a nickname used in the actual game. We took a fair bit from the real game, even inspiration for the "future case summarys"

@modern algebra: lol, yeah. We got carried away discussing future cases, and it really would be fun. But, overall, while this was fun, I'd rather see the actual game complete :)

@Atemu: You know, mock ups would have been so much easier and less time consuming, but this was probably more fun :)
I wasn't actually planning on releasing the scripts since they're not very user friendly or versatile, but it might be possible to convince me to send an unencrypted version of the game to some people ;)

(PS. I didn't know you were on this board :o)

@AlienSoldier: glad you enjoyed it :) Hope you give the actual game a shot too.

I'll modify the first post later.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
*gets on hands and knees, bats eyes cutely, and offers much luvvins~* <3

(PS. I just joined a couple days ago. XD)

Rep:
Level 86
It might take me a few days, particularly if I'm going to write up some meaning to the madness that is my method, but I'll pm you eventually :)

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Yay!  ^_^

*laughs evilly and comes up with dastardly ideas...*

Rep:
Level 89
Just downloaded the last demo and I have to say...

This was great!! I like it very much!  ;8

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
I really like the look of this, downloading the demo as soon as I clear up my desktop (too many resources not in my resources file>_<)
I love the artwork, wish I could draw that good. Well, I can DRAW around that good but when it comes to colours, my scanner and programs suck >_<. I've only got the GIMP.
I'm luvin' it! (though I hate McDonald's)

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Brings tears to me eyes. :'>

Rep:
Level 86
So I've finally managed to flick the artistic switch back on and finish a few pictures that have been sitting around for a while, as well as complete a couple quick new ones. So, while not much of an update (since game wise we'd rather not share what we're working on quite yet), here's a sizable art dump. Generally speaking, the usual art set-up: Line art and background by Makio, Character color by me. (with the exception of the Rowena and Casimire picture, which Maks colored)

Spoiler for Ethereal High:
Makio: When I get bored, I get bored.  And it's particularly worse when I'm too hyper to make anything of much worth.  The most recent time this happened, I wanted to write, but didn't want to write anything serious because I knew it was going to evolve into a pile of crack by the end.  As such, I told Racheal I wanted to write purposefully bad fanfiction about our characters.  So we started picking out the fanfic cliches, one of which is of course taking all the characters from whatever walk of life and jamming them together in a High School.
Thus Ethereal High was born!
Anyway, the story itself is riddled with plot devices that happen to be spoilers to the REAL plot of our game (how could we resist playing with some of the later elements of the game that we don't get to currently), but here's a picture I drew just because I could.
Spoiler for Kix:

Racheal: What can I say, Drunk Attorney created the urge to dress Kix in furs and bling. (Blame the sprite she was traced off.) A slightly different style for myself and Maks, but it was fun to experiment with.
Spoiler for Rowena and Casimire:

Makio: This picture was entirely inspired by my past love for looking at cute couple pictures on Japanese Fanart sites.  It was late at night and I wasn't sleepy, so I decided to finally give drawing something of that ilk a whirl.  I rather like the result, things like Rowena's legs make me really happy.
The background didn't quite hit the vibes I wanted, but it works.
Yay for characters that have not been introduced yet!
Spoiler for Alicia:

Racheal: For quite some time, I've been bugging Maks about wanting to a dynamically lit piece. This isn't quite what I had in mind, but it satisfied a fews artistic urges at least XD Maks got to draw someone in weird clothes, I got to color Alicia AND do a slightly more dynamically shaded piece.
Fun tidbit: Maks says she looks like a grungy Rock Star
Spoiler for Gods of Teirra:

A WIP piece of the four prominent Gods in Teirra
We've had the religion in our game plotted out for quite some time now, but since it's tied to the plot in places, I can't touch on it too much here. But here's some brief bios on the gods themselves:

Starting from left to Right:
Demtir - A dark God of Power. His followers tend to keep to the southern end of Enoshia, but sometimes travel to Silvania to escape Seilehm's worshipers. The two fractions have had a ongoing hatred for several years.
Proud followers of Demtir flaunt their religion by wearing 3 sharp, gold necklaces. Their numbers are in decline.

Seilehm - Goddess of Bravery and Honour, those that worship her occupy the northern tip of Enoshia. The most predominant player in her religion is the House of Sighelm in Aravinda. Many brave and powerful female leaders have been born from this fraction. It is their belief that Seilehm's the mother of all humans, thus they want to bring misguided members of Demtir's religion back to her guiding light. The House of Sighelm is said to be the purist form of her lineage.

Quatzeltal - The elves worship Quatzeltal as the God of Knowledge. He was said to be a great speaker, who spent most of his life in study. Because of this god's vast knowledge, the elves hold the words of his church well above their own law. Countless number of ceremonies are held in this god's name each year in the city of Lazi.

Isara - The fairy god of Magic. What small texts were actually formed in this God's name, always depict him as a lighthearted God who guided the fairies through life. No festivals are held in his name, instead large festivals for each season are celebrated yearly, which was said to be his idea. Because of this, Isra's name is slowly fading into history as time goes by.

Ok, I lied, I have a tiny game update to share. We've recently fancied up the message window a bit, so here's an image (with random text)

Still need to edit the pause graphic and maybe play with the font a bit, but otherwise it's more or less done.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The art looks awesome, and the message window is really neat. Anyway, looks great.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Second'd.
Really like the windowskin! <3
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
omg Lyner avatar! yay Ar Tonelico!! yay Gust! </random fangirlism>

Thanks guys ^^ I always thought the old message window was dull, so I'm glad we were finally able to come up with something interesting.

Got a favorite image of the ones we posted?

Rep:
Level 89
The first one I like.

Rep:
Level 97
I think Alicia looks really good.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I for one loved Rowena & Casimira One <3

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Onward to failure! March you heathens, MARCH!
Awesome job, Racheal! Ethereal Dreams has my full support, I'll be sure to snag one of those sig bars before I go! ;D

All of your artowrk is pleasing to the eye, and your story is very well-explained and creative. I downloaded this game from RMN, and I saw this game clearly was unique from the rest of the RMXP games. At the time, however, the game didn't appeal to me as much. Now, seeing the things I've been missing and the forshadowing of what is to come, I might download again.

Oh yes, and good call on not switching to RMVX. Graphics on that program tend to be a bit blocky and small, although their battle stuff and icons are nice. Your better off staying with RMXP.
The biggest mistake of RMRK since 2009...
~Darkblast