RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ethereal Dreams

Rep:
Level 86
Project of the Month winner for February 2008
Dragonfly Studios presents

Download Demo 2.0 [Here] (53 MB)
This is a stand alone demo. No other installs are required.

April 2nd, 2008
Hello Everyone! We hope you enjoyed our, rather elaborate, April Fools foke. We know we did. XD We'll be keeping Drunk Attorney in our thread at the bottom, for anyone who wants to access that 'demo' in the future.
A lot of people have been asking if we plan to finish that little mini project, I'd hate to break your hearts, but no. It took a month to get that 20 minute demo out. Balancing that and the real Ethereal Dreams (along with you know, life and work and stuff) just wouldn't work out to well. There's also the fact that some the 'future cases' were influenced by true future events in the game, with some deaths thrown in to murder cases. But hey, if you enjoyed this, you'd get a major kick from the real Phoenix Wright games.
And so it's official, Ethereal Dreams WILL NOT be switching to VX and Darin WILL NOT be taking up law.
In other news, since this little joke put Racheal in a scripting mood, there might be an interesting new system implemented in the future. I won't give anything away until it's further along.
I hope you all had a great Groovy Potato Day!
~Makio-Kuta

40 years ago, a war raged across the island continent, Silvania. The war pitted the magical kin of the land against the Dwarves, outsiders from Enoshia who had no magical power at all. Dragon Riders, from an unknown land, came to assist the magical creatures in the war against the Dwarves.
Overpowered and defeated, the Dwarves were banished from Silvania's mountain ranges and forests, back to the land of their ancestors, the Orcs.
Now a Dwarf, who grew up in those troubled times, seeks revenge against the magical creatures of Silvania. With a large army, he comes to the shores of Silvania, hoping to spill the blood of those who wronged his people in the past.

Darin, Ryaena, and Phylip live on the Northern part of Silvania, still untouched by the Dwarven army. As events unfold, the trio find themselves in the midst of this struggle and another battle far bigger than the Forests of Silvania.

Spoiler for Characters:

When Darin was in his late teens, he and his Dragon, Kane, left their home following a tragedy. Not long after leaving he befriends a misfit centaur, Phylip, and a lost Meenian, Ryaena. The three now reside on Silvania and travel together. Darin is a heavy drinker and a constant flirt. But his best friend and 'daughter' both know that deep down inside he's an honourable man.

Ryaena was found by Darin when she was very small. She's since become like his daughter and travels with he and Phylip. For the most part, Ryaena keeps to herself, but she can be known to be a bit stubborn. She trusts no one more than she trusts Darin.

Phylip travels with Darin and Ryaena acting as a no nonsense older brother at times. He always lectures Darin about his drinking, but means well.

A Dark Elf Darin helps break out of prison. She claims to be of Noble blood and that her imprisonment was because of a betrayal. She manages to convince Darin and the others to take her homeland, Nilis.

Morgan - A woman who seems to not like talking about her past. She says working at the weapon shop is a way to turn her life around. Enjoys a good drink and good company.
Celine - Resident dancer for Geja's bar. A nice girl, who has the bad habit of flirting with customers.
Horis - The bartender at Geja's bar. Although a bit grouchy, he's a tolerant man.
Erick - An armor dealer who's not quite all there.
Jade - A fairy that seems out of place in a dark dank prison. Perhaps there is more to him then his cute exterior.
Duke A'Rein - A snot nosed Light Elf who thinks he is better then everyone.  What he's doing so far from home is anyone's guess.
Hok - A cruel and chiseled looking man.  His sinister grin and harsh mocking words suggest this man has a dark profession.
Kane - Darin's life long pal and companion. It's hard to say why he's tolerated Darin for as long as he has.
Ethan - Erick's younger brother who works in the transport business. Clumsy and a little eccentric, but he's just wants to help out his older bro.
Marilyn - An elderly Light Elf who lives alone in the woods.  She knows a great deal about plants and their uses.
Alena - Visiting from the continent of Enoshia, Alena tries to rally the civilians of Nova to fight against the invading force to the south. She appears to be highly religious and noble.
Damien - Damien is a Dragon Rider who was born in Nova.  Although he has no Dragon or proper training, he likes to pretend he does.
Riche - A man who's Caravan doubles as an item store and a home.  He lives alone with his son.
Melena - A human who's recently moved to Nova from Enoshia to get away from certain religious groups.
Ti'el - A close friend of Darin's who lives in Nova.  She loves the farm life more than anything else the world has to offer.
Gramps - A grouchy old man who criticizes Darin for everything he can think of.  He makes the best Pumpkin Seed Beer.
Firo - Travels with his father, Riche, in their Caravan.  Due to his father's drinking, he's usually the one in charge of inventory and book keeping.
Clyde - A fisherman from Geja who left his home town to find new species of fish.

Spoiler for Features:

Original Artwork
The custom artwork of Ethereal Dreams is one of its biggest pulls. Using the half kaizer sprite template by showkaizer and tana, every sprite is custom made. And with that every tileset. There is also a heavy amount of original artwork interfaced into the game's systems.

Talents
Each character is assigned a set of six talents. These talents level up with the character based on the weapon they are holding. As talents raise in level, the characters learn more skills.

Campfires
As you progress throughout the game, you have a chance to unlock hidden conversations between characters. These conversations can be viewed on the world map whenever the campfire icon is displayed in the bottom right corner. Although they aren't important to the story line itself, they reveal more about the characters and are sometimes worth a good laugh.

Encounter Orb
A colourful orb displayed in the bottom left corner is used to judged how close you are to a battle. The colour ranges from green to red and a battle occurs when it reaches red. Different terrains affect how quickly you find yourself in battle. A noisier terrain like spalshing through water, increases the chance of the enemies finding you. Be careful where you walk!

Tactics
Customize up to four different attack patterns to help make battles quicker. From your menu, pick and choose what action you want all four members to take and then in battle select that tactic and simply use auto and unleash your strategy! All four tactics can be named for quick recognition.

Memo
From your menu, you can access a memo that's filled with useful and useless information. A bestiary of the monsters you've fought so far, a journal keeping record of your story progress and a section dedicated to tutorials about game play. Journals and the bestiary are written by the characters themselves, adding a touch of humour to what's typically a dull collection of information.

Maps
Throughout the game you can collect maps that can be viewed from your key items. These maps not only reveal your surroundings and key locations, but also display your location and goal with easy to understand icons.

Spoiler for Team & Credits:
Team Leader/Main Artist/Main Writer/Co-Scripter - Makio-Kuta
2nd in Command/Main Scripter/Colourist/Editor - RachealMoon
Co-Writer/Co-Artist/Battle Backdrop Artist - DarkAngel6
Summons Artist/Location Namer/Tester - CharChar05

The Beta Crew
Reives
J.D. Slasha
Arcanum
sixtyandaquarter
BusterSword777

Misc Credits
ShowKaizer and Tana's Half Kaizer Templates
AMS by Dubealex
ViewRange and PathFinding by Near Fantastica
Logos by havana24
Numerous Songs by Fallofthetyrant
Spoiler for Fan Stuff:
Darin sprite by JD Slasha
Darin sprite by sixtyandaquarter
Hayato and Darin by JD Slasha
Merry Christmas by JD Slasha
Sexy Magni by Lunarea
Spoiler for User Bars:

Spoiler for Darin Ardgall: Drunk Attorney:
This was Ethereal Dream's April Fools joke in 2008.  We've left it here for you all to enjoy!

Download Demo [Here] (11.8 MB)
VX nor the RTP is required, but I recommend reading the Controls image included.

Court Record
By pressing the ‘D button’ you can access your Court Record.  Here you will find a list of all the evidence you’ve collected during investigation.  By pressing the ‘D button‘ again, you‘ll change the view from evidence to profiles.  Here all the people you have met during the case are displayed.  (Please note that this demo does not yet have investigation implemented.  You do however, have items and people in your Court Record.)  Knowing your Court Record is key to playing this game.  Check it often whenever you need to stop and think.

Press
In the Courtroom, during a witness’s testimony, you have the option of pressing them for more information with the ‘A button.’  By doing this you can reveal information about what the witness saw in greater detail and perhaps find yourself new hints to help you progress.  When you aren’t  sure what to do, try pressing the witness and see what happens.

Present
Presenting evidence to the court is a vital part of this game.  At any time during a witness’s testimony, you can present evidence.  Listen carefully to what the witness is saying, when they say something that seems off, open your Court Record.  Look for any evidence or profile that might contradict what the witness has just told you.  When you find something contradicting, present the evidence needed to prove it with the ‘S button.’  Finding contradictions can help open the case to new possibilities and find you your Not Guilty verdict.

Credits
Scripts and System - Racheal
Story and Rip Edits - Makio-Kuta
Beta Testers - Sixtyandaquarter and Reives
**Please note that all the graphics from this joke game are rips or heavily edited rips of actual PW material. This includes the header image to this spoiler.

For more information, please visit our Website and Forums.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 01:22:58 AM by Racheal »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
wow, that's impressive  :o
I love the layout of the project thread, and great look at the game so far!

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The artwork looks really good. The features also look great. I will d/l the demo and deliver my comments after I have played through that. For now, the project meets requirements so I will move it.

P.S. The link to this thread in your signature does not work.

Rep:
Level 86
oops, that's what I get for copy pasting and not looking. Thanks for the tip.

I would say thanks for the move, but I appear to still be in New Projects?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's because I am incompetent and have a poor memory.

Now it's moved.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I've seen this before, i think i'll download it.
Nice artwork by the way, and everything else is pretty much gold  ;8
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
HAY I know you! About time ya posted it here. :p

This is worth checking out even if just for the hard-earned 100% original graphics. Not often do you find a HK  game with something to actually show for! D:

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I played a demo of the game, this is one of the best games I've ever played, I loved the opening scene at the bar :P

Rep:
Level 86
@Reives: I know you too :o I've been wanting to post this here for a while, but I was just waiting until we got the new demo out. Since the old one has made me laugh since sometime late July.

@Falcon: I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Rep:
Level 97
Amazing demo. Nice work!

Rep:
Level 97
Congratulations on winning Project of the Month! You definitely deserve it.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Congratz on Project of the month.

The game is fun and full of laughs espically the camp fire scenes.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 86
Thanks ^^

Yeah, we've had a lot of fun making the campfires, it really gives us a chance to have fun with the characters.

To celebrate the PotM, here's a quick random map I made with the newest tileset that is being worked on:

It's supposed to be an abandoned Crystal Mine. Still need to make some spider webs, among a few other things.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Nice, looks much better than that test map I saw on .org screenshot thread.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The Map's Purple & Crystal Blue had me hipnotized for a while. <3

Rep:
Level 86
Thanks Falcon. While Maks is an incredible tileset maker, she admits herself she's not very good at making maps. (She made the original test map on org, I made this one here)

I originally thought this mine was going to be your typical browns and grays, but when Maks proposed a purple and blue color scheme, I was quite excited. All the credit for this awesome tileset goes completely to her.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, it looks great. I love the colours in that tileset!

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
wow, thats seriously very unique. I love this game, I've played it before and I can really say this could make it to the top hundred charts world wide for RMXP games.

Rep:
Level 97
Only top hundreds? More like top ten. There are very few games in RMXP that even compare to this one, and they are all so good that it would be near impossible to rank them in any definitive way.

Rep:
Level 87
hmm, well the world wide RMXP community has some serious games.

"Pledge to the criss Cross", "Savior Cat", "One Winged Angel", that all to famous H-RPG made with RMXP "Succubus Qiest", "Nocturne", "????(I think it's a romance of the three kingdom fan game", etc etc

my point is, theres serious competition out there, but this one is awesome just for the plain fact it's made in america! XD But yeah, top 25? I'm willing to bet it's pretty dam close.

Rep:
Level 86
Made in Canada actually ^^ *is a proud Canuck*

To make this post less pointless, random update of the week

Obviously still WIP, but some NPCs that will appear in the near future.

Rep:
Level 87
XD As long as it's in english I'm fine with it :3

And nice job on the sprites, the cloths need more shading for thesecond and last one, but I'm sure you knew that :P I like the second one's hair, looks like Eureka's :D

Rep:
Level 97
The sprites look good Racheal. And I am also Canadian  :police:

Rep:
Level 86
Hoorah fellow Canuck!  ;D

and yeah, like I said, the Sprites were still WIP. The last one had no shading on the clothes in that post.
Here's some mostly complete versions:

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Looks nice as always. :) The only thing that slightly bothers me is the front part of the 3rd girl (pink-ish hair) - seems a bit too "densely uniform", if you know what I'mean. No biggie though.

And Canuck here also. :> Well, sort of. Banana one at least.