RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Greetings and salutations

Rep:
Level 86
Greetings,

As indicated by my user id, I am known as mythus. Also I am new to this site.

I must admit, I had some resignations about joining this site. It was nothing about this site in particular, but due to my past involvement with rpg maker resource sites in general. You see, I am a survivor of hbgames.org. Once it had turned me off of game making completely. However, recently I have gotten the itch to play with RMXP again, so I had checked back on that site. The same stuff that turned me off was still transpiring. After trying to bring up the issue, and being told that such was the way it was for any rpg maker resource site, and there could be no change, I felt disappointed. I will touch more on this later.

I still want to play with RMXP. But I really don't want to share my progress with a site that follows such low standards. So, I just haphazardly searched the internet for resources in general, until I came up on this site. My first thought was "So this is the infamous crankeye site I heard so much about... I think I will check into it further." And thusly I went through, read thread after thread trying to get a sense of the community here. And I must say, I am rather surprised, and pleased to see no (or extremely little) cursing, flaming, or petty hatred on the forums. From what I have seen thus far, it seems to be a more mature, and stable game making community. So, despite any past trauma from other site, I decided to jump in and register.

A little about me...

I have been in and out of the game making community for quite some time now. Starting with RM95,  I was once an active poster in rpginfinity, war of the magi, and some other site that escapes my memory. Shortly into the release of RM2k3, I dropped out of the game making community, until the release of RMXP, where I joined Creative Asylum and hbgames.org. My involvement didn't last long though after I witnessed unrestrained flaming, and cursing, and belittling of members by staff. Though none of these happened to me personally, it is something that does disgust me. I guess I just believe that a community intelligent enough to make great scripts, resources, and games, should be more.. mature... than that. That is not to say that I don't enjoy my moments of insanity. That in itself is completely different.

Anyways, I am not a graphical artist. And despite that I run linux, I am not a programmer or scripter. I have done some neat things with events, but that is about it. Instead, I am a writer. Having freelanced for Chaosium, and now working on establishing my own company, I have been writing for some time now. Thus, the most help I could give, would be in plot development, and such. Thusly any game I make and share, unless I use a pre-made resource, will not have anything eye-catching, but should have a decent story.

Well I think I have went beyond the skirt guideline for posts. I have a tendency to do so, so I hope you can get used to it :P. Anyways, I will close this post up. I look forward to getting to know you and share in the game making progress.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
Greetings Mortal! Welcome to Midgard i mean RMRK

Rep:
Level 86
mythus stares blankly atdollmage as he thinks...
'Gooo... yess.... they think I am mortal... they think I am weak..... All is going according to plan....'

Thanks lol

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
WELCOME TO MY KINGDOM

PROCLAIM YOUR LOYALTY TO ME AND JOIN MY LEGION OF FRANKS

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 86
Ehh... about that...

Nah.... I'd rather rule. I am afraid my superiority complex would only get in the way ;)

Rep:
Level 96
THEN DIE BY MY SWORD AND HOLY HAND GRENADE

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I wouldn't say RMRK is mature, but welcome.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

I liked you better when you were drunk.  ;9

And welcome to the great City Of RMRK mr. mythus.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Welcome aboard RMRK!
Post often, kay? :flag:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 86
Heh, well maturity is a word with multiple meaning, and multiple standards. Considering what else I have seen out there, and what I have seen thus far in all the threads I have read, RMRK is very much mature.

Now of course you have your exceptional members who go out of their way to lower the maturity level. But that is just because they are special.

Silliness, insanity, and the such are perfectly fine, and wanted. Even someone setting me straight is fine. Pointless flaming and swearing just to "look cool"... well... is not. Those are things I haven't found here (and trust me, I have searched). Those are things you  can find at other big named places. So, give yourselves a big cookie or something, because you are doing what I was told was impossible.

Post a lot? Heh, if you insist, I shall try. Though be warned, I might take breaks from posting (especially when working on a game project... dealing with book stuff... or anything else that tries to sap online time from me).

Oh.. and make sure you read the manual on thee Holy Hand Grenade. Remember... it must be used by the count of three. Not 2, and 4 is to many....

Rep:
Level 96

I liked you better when you were drunk.  ;9
That's just fucking mean, you piece of shit.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
 :welcome:

Post often and ignore the drunken King.

Rep:
Level 96
IGNORE THIS

:BOE:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
And if the newly self-appointed king ever bothers you, just give him a large quantity of...

...and he'll leave you alone.  ;)

Again, welcome aboard!

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, damn, verily those be some fine choices. :O

But yeah, welcome, make yourself at home, ignore me if I'm being too obnoxious, etc etc...

Rep:
Level 86
Heh, no worries. Besides believe it or not, I do have thick skin :P And a fine bottle of white lighting ready when need-be lol.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You've made the right decision, I assure you. Vilkommen.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Welcome Mythus-san, don't worry. Even though almost the member here still teenage, they have a good mind.

Rep:
Level 87
Welcome to RMRK. ^_^