RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[AVAILABLE] Dynamic-View Battle System

Rep:
Level 88
Dynamic-View Battle System
More of a Challenge than a Request

Summary
If you have ever played Golden Sun or many other turn-based RPGs, you'll notice that some have a "Dynamic Battle System" By this I mean, the camera angle changes, the camera will zoom in on critical hits, strong attacks shake the screen, among other things.

Features Desired
  • Changing views
  • Zoom, shaking, and other such effects
  • Fighters actually go to the enemy to attack it

Mockups

While choosing your attacks for that turn, The camera switches to a view from behind the heroes. (Black Shapes=Heroes, Red Shapes=Enemies)

This is during attack sequence. The camera moves to a more diagonal view.

Games its been in
  • Golden Sun Series
  • Dragon Quest 8
  • And pretty much any other professional game that has a turn based battle system

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • hbgames.org
  • sg.gamecrab.com
  • RMRK.net
  • And a few others that I can't remember

What did you search for?
  • Battle System
  • Dynamic Battle System
  • Turn-Based Battle Systems

Sorry if this isn't detailed enough. And remember, this is more of a challenge than a request. I don't really NEED it, but I sure as hell would use it if I had it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:40:22 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
never even throught of searching for this kind of battle system, but it's one that i really enjoy. Although i've never been able to find it.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Good idea, but it sounds hard for a 2d engine like RPG Maker xp... It'd be hard to make, because so many new pictures and sprites would have to be made, but I like the idea, I'd defiently use it! :)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!