RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapping an Inn Lobby? (XP)

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I've been searching for a mapping tutorial showing how to make a suitable lobby/downstairs for an inn, but I've found none. I've found plenty of tutorials for inn rooms and combination inn/bar/shops, but none on just the lobby area.
Anyone know of any tutorials or willing to make one?

Rep:
Level 89
ok so a lobby as in where people check in? ill give it a whirl.
Dead Boys Don't Say No.

For charsheets, Tilesets etc click below. Lots of Pokemon stuff! Feedback welcome, for customs message me.
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/DarkWolfStudios2005/

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Yeah, where people check in. So far, I have an entire 20x15 map with nothing on it except some walls, a staircase, and an innkeeper behind a counter.
One thing that should be said, though, is that for some reason I decided to make it so when you enter a building, you can see the outside wall :-\ .

Rep:
Level 89
ok lol.
when i get back to my desktop pc this afternoon ill throw somethin together for you! ill post some pics so u can see what u think.
This PC is on vista, need i say more..
Dead Boys Don't Say No.

For charsheets, Tilesets etc click below. Lots of Pokemon stuff! Feedback welcome, for customs message me.
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/DarkWolfStudios2005/

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
I think I might be able to help here. How about placing chairs and small tables up the wall. Make people walk around in there, and make small bookshelves line some of the walls. You could also make a back room for the innkeeper to sleep in, a toilet. Alright. Check the attached pics. Start with the floor, the roof, the counter, all the importent stuff. Then put items on the tables (books, magazines, glasses). Put a piano with a butler playing it, and the background music should be something that sounds like a slow piano song (if you want to have background music). You could also have the bmusic to be that of people talking.  Anyways, you should have all kinds of things that makes it more interesting, while only things that will fit in. Attached is (part) of an example. Putting in a fire place and the lowerst fire there is (on the list of graphics), and choosing "Move Animation". Either you place someone in front of it or you choose "Lock Facing" as well. Make a lot of people! Make them have varied and interesting messages, that will catch the player's mind right away. Instead of just "Hi" make them say at least things like "Oh, hello. Who are you? A hero?? As if!! You don't look like much hero-material to me, you don't!! Ha!". Give them personalities, just like you would with the important characters. That way, a 20x15 map, can be a big place! ;) Hope it was helpful. Sry for no pics, but sth went wrong with the saving of them... ::)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9117.0.html

Thank you for looking at the Tutorial Index, retard.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Thanks, but I've seen that, and it wasn't what I was looking for.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That doesn't mean you have to follow that exact in steps and crap. You can modify certain parts to make it work for your own way. >_>

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
True, that would be best... besides, mine wasn't really a tut, just something I made up on the spot, with some ideas on how to make it better...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 04:59:14 PM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
That doesn't mean you have to follow that exact in steps and crap. You can modify certain parts to make it work for your own way. >_>

To quote the first post of the thread:
Quote from: Dertt
I've been searching for a mapping tutorial showing how to make a suitable lobby/downstairs for an inn, but I've found none. I've found plenty of tutorials for inn rooms and combination inn/bar/shops, but none onjust the lobby area.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
But... That's pretty much a lobby

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
It's more of a shop than anything, though.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That tut teaches mapping. Mapping skills are easily applied elsewhere. I've been able to map areas without looking through a tutorial for it. Learn to map and you'll be able to map an inn lobby. Or maybe you just need the right tileset.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Yeah, it's perhaps a matter of tileset. The interior tilesets for certain towns just don't have enough things that fit in an Inn Lobby setting.

Rep:
Level 86
I seem to been combining a lot of tilesets to fit my needs. I wanted to make a cave that had both earth, fire and ice tiles; so, I opened up the tilesets and cut/pasted them using Photoshop. If you want me to combine some tilesets for you or what specific things, let me know and I'll create them for you.