RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Eraser Doorway

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Exactly- it's the doorway that does the erasing, so even if the light made it through and you could see inside, you could step into the door and vanish.

The light would still be entering the doorway though

That's not bad, but it's dependent on whether light is a particle or a wave =x

Who ever said that waves don't get erased either? That could possibly be why there is no light inside the room in the first place. The dim moonlight would surely shine inside the doorway, but if the warning holds true, you could be stood there with a ray of pitch blackness going straight from the moon to the doorway, as that part of the light emitted would have never existed.

If you get what I mean...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You're talking possibilities, which isn't acceptable when you're trying to prove something to be true. I never said waves can't get erased, but no one said that waves DO, which is much more important.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I see where you're coming from there.
Quote from: From Wikipedia
Light, or visible light, is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength that is visible to the human eye (about 400–700 nm). In a scientific context, the word light is sometimes used to refer to the entire electromagnetic spectrum.[1] Light is composed of elementary particles called photons.[/u]

The underlined statement states that light is made of particles. So light must disappear upon entering the doorway.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
Exactly- it's the doorway that does the erasing, so even if the light made it through and you could see inside, you could step into the door and vanish.

actually, if everything thta enters the doorway vanishes, then the light will stop as soon as its about to enter.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Wrong. The light would have never existed in the first place.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89

True enough, but if you knew that then why did you say this?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wrong. The light would have never existed in the first place.
No, there would be that bit of light that hasn't entered the door at the time.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Very true. That would leave you wondering why the light is shining around the door, but not inside it.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Here's an interesting concept:

You are out for a walk on a dimly moonlit night, and you somehow stumble upon a magic door. This is a very powerful door, and you have no way of comprehending how it works.

The only way to see what is on the other side of this door is to open it and walk through the doorway.

However, though you would very much like to see what is on the other side, you are hesitant. Why? Well, there's a sign by the door that reads as follows:

"Do not enter. Those who enter this doorway will be forever erased. Everything you have created, all memories of you, and all changes you have made to the universal time line will cease to exist in past, present, and future. You will not die- you will simply vanish entirely from existence."

This is a bold claim- though there is no proof that this is warning holds any truth or value at all.

A man comes up along side of you, and reads the sign just as you have. With a roll of his eyes and a sigh, he says to you, "Watch this", and opens the door.

On the other side, only inky blackness, stretching on to eternity.

The man states that is merely because the light is turned off, and there are no windows.

He motions to step inside...

As I have said before

it says the light has been turned off so I assumed there was some form of light. such as a bulb or maybe a candle? 
If there is also known to have no windows then its just a dark room right? Such as a closet =]
 :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
No Necropostin !_!
I mean its okay here but we already sort of solved this halfway through the thread

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
I know the rules friend :D

But I don't see the resolution  ::)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
They are all resolutions :B

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
 ::) That no one has agreed to...

:blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
Spoiler for:
Rope-person theory
Impossible if the person would have no effect  on time then you would not have brought a rope so you would find yourself back at the door, however you being confused as to why you are at the door a second time with no more resources than the first time would lead you to believe that you once had another object with you but it no longer exists and therefore is not with you at this point in time. The fact that it had never existed can be used to infer that it did :|.

Radio Theory
The radio would stop existing and not make any music in the first place, you would not have written a note because it never existed. If it doesnt cease to exist well just walk over and pick it up you wont forget why you just threw a radio.

You guys need a little more thought.
What you should do is destroy the door or kick it into the void. Seeing as anything that goes in ceases to exist then the door would not only vanish but all memory of it would. Problem solved there never was a door. Unless of course it doesnt vanish, then you go to jail for breaking and entering.
If you knock down the door, maybe it was just a portal into the area. Then you'd be left with someone's house. :3

Also, for B&E, that's better than never existing :3

But you will always exist in an alternate, parallel universe where you didn't go into the door.
Parallel Universes are theories and only relative in thought. You could be white in an alternate world, but then it wouldnt be you. So it cant be parallel.
Who says that there are parallel and alternate universes anyway? Maybe there is only this one. Of course, that means that paradoxes cannot exist, such as someone walking through the door and no longer existing. So perhaps the door is nothing.
Exactly my point
We agreed on the fact that such a door cannot exist

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Then this theory is solved!

Well no one told me that! Besides I had been gone for sometime =]