RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Eraser Doorway

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Parallel Universes are theories and only relative in thought. You could be white in an alternate world, but then it wouldnt be you. So it cant be parallel.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Who says that there are parallel and alternate universes anyway? Maybe there is only this one. Of course, that means that paradoxes cannot exist, such as someone walking through the door and no longer existing. So perhaps the door is nothing.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Exactly my point

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The door must be a lie.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The door must be a lie.
You can lurk here, but please, refrain from posting.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, seriously.
Who says that there are parallel and alternate universes anyway? Maybe there is only this one. Of course, that means that paradoxes cannot exist, such as someone walking through the door and no longer existing. So perhaps the door is nothing.
Branching off of what Halo said. If you were to exist but then you were suddenly not to exist, that would be a paradox, as Halo stated, so the only explanation would be that the door is a lie.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Or that we as humans have no real grasp on space or time, and physical rules that we have created don't actually exist.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Actually we have an evergrowing understanding of space and time and the possibility of non-paradoxical time travel is quite large. Yet it is also likely that we'll never understand it completely.

Scientific knowledge and discovery will probably take the shape of a double funnel: at first we knew nothing. Over time we started to create theories and then went on to make many discoveries, laws, and theories. We have been slowing down a little but there is still much happening. Over time our knowledge of science will not expand very much, and barely anything new will be discovered.

Anyway that's a bit off-track.
:tinysmile:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
do you remember the man entering?

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Well to see if it's true, you would forget the guy who entered.

Secondly ask the guy to turn on the light switch =]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Secondly ask the guy to turn on the light switch =]

Holy crap. This is probably the best way possible.

edit: it's unique because you don't actually KNOW there's a light switch in there, so it's not like you'd cease to remember not knowing if one is there or not.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
If we forget the guy who went in we'd forget if someone did go in so thats wrong.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
If we forget the guy who went in we'd forget if someone did go in so thats wrong.

I said it's the best idea we've seen, not that it actually works. I still go by my first post:

Quote from: Malson
The answer is no.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
WHEN THARS A WILL THARS A WAY

YOU DONT GOT THE WILL MALSON

THAR HAS TO BE A WAY TO DO THIS.

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
But you agreed with that post ?_?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I was being a malson back then.

now i'm determined to find a way.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Well it says the light has been turned off so I assumed there was some form of light. such as a bulb or maybe a candle? 
If there is also known to have no windows then its just a dark room right? Such as a closet =]

Who knows. I'll possibly give a better evaluation when I'm not so tired and have read the first post clearly.
 :blizj:

~Stay Cool~

Rep:
Level 89
A man comes up along side of you, and reads the sign just as you have. With a roll of his eyes and a sigh, he says to you, "Watch this", and opens the door.
On the other side, only inky blackness, stretching on to eternity.
The man states that is merely because the light is turned off, and there are no windows.
He motions to step inside...

Im a little cofused here, you said that /\ in the first post. But if the man can do that then the warning is obviously a lie, or else he wouldnt be there to motion you to come in. If it were true you would simply be staring at the sign like you were before the man arrived and walked in only to vanish.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
However...Is there any way to prove that the warning holds true?

Yes. Walk through the door. If it's false, you'll know it. If it's true, you won't care. O_o

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yes. Walk through the door. If it's false, you'll know it. If it's true, you won't care. O_o

You've viewed this place for over 130 days total, and that's the best you can come up with?

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
The most simple answer is at times the most logical...?

;9

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Shine a flashlight into the doorway, to get a vague idea of what's in there.

Also, using this technique, if the light disappears, you'll be stood there, with a switched on flashlight that shines no light. Thus causing you to think that the sign may be true.

Either that or you need new batteries...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
That's not bad, but it's dependent on whether light is a particle or a wave =x

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Exactly- it's the doorway that does the erasing, so even if the light made it through and you could see inside, you could step into the door and vanish.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
we dont need to go in to look.
;-;
Arlen is hot.