RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Questions- RMXP - Don't kill me!

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Idk what SDK stands for and what it does.

Do I need it?
Current Game: Riokan Stories: Rogue Adventures
Progress: 0.7% done
My Forest Town Exterior Tutorial

Rep:
Level 87
SDK is a development kit that a number of scripters have put together - I've only used it myself once or twice, so it's a huge mystery to me still.

For this script, you don't need it, so you can go ahead and follow the instructions that post gives to remove the SDK dependency.  I suggest you just comment out the 3 lines (that "end" is the very last one in the script) rather than deleting them, just in case you have other scripts in there that need it or, more likely, decide you want to use a script down the track that needs it.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

I just used it and it didn't work...like idk what happened. When they were talking it didn't show their name or text.

Rep:
Level 87
in an event, action button...

Code: [Select]
Show text: \name[Susan] Hi Aluxes, what have you been up to?
Show text: \name[\n[001]] Hi Susan, just fighting goons.  Not much else.

The first one will show the name Susan in a box above the message.
The second one will show the name of your first party member in a box.  I could just have easily said \name[Aluxes] but sometimes you don't know who's going to be first (in this case I should have also put \name[\n[001]] instead of Aluxes in the first message.

Your new script should have been inserted into a new slot just above Main (not INTO the Main script - create a new script above that one, give it a name, and paste your new script in there).  If you put it above all the others, then it wouldn't have redefined the normal message window.

If it doesn't work, I need you to post 2 screenshots.  First go into your scripts database and scroll down through the scripts so I can see where you inserted it - take a screenshot of that.  Second, go into the event where you've got the messages that should be displayed, and take a screenshot of that.  Post them both up here so I can see.

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
Well, I don't know.  I put in the same stuff you have, and it works properly for me.  I even changed my event to parallel processing and it still works.

Do you use the Postality Knights edition?  I have no experience with that but I was just helping someone else with a script who said PK has some issue with text not appearing.  Maybe you should search up on that a bit.  There's nothing wrong with your event as far as I can see, and your script looks like it's in the right spot.

Sorry - I'm a bit lost from this point.

I have the PK edition cause I couldn't get the regular one :(