RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Desu

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Who hasn't heard of desu? It's a spam word seen commonly in /b/, on 4chan. It is rarely used in actual Japan, and orignated from a Rozen Maiden character who finished her sentences with it.

Read up on desu here: [link]http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Desu[/link]

The reason I don't recommend reading up on it in wikipedia is well... find out for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desu

Spoiler for:
Wikipedia even has been desu'd upon!

Stephen Colbert put desu on notice! If he put it on notice, you know it's a problem!

So many people have forgotten that "desu" only sounds cute when an anime girl says it. When a real life dude says it, he looks like a noobologist.

Discuss upon this subject!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:45:14 AM by Animefan »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
lol, you know 'desu' is just 'is/am/are/be' in basic/formal Japanese, right?

edit:
However, the internet usage is quite funny :P Thanks for that, I didn't know what it was used for before.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
really? that encyclopedia site said it was used rarely in Japan. Oh well.

Anyway, I remeber use of the word "desu" in a couple of anime open themes.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Well, its probably rarely used, because in writing they probably think of more eloquent verbs and in speech you hardly just say "I is/am/are somthing". Or, in speech the verb is implied, so you dont completely say the sentence.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I see. Well, it's clear that desu is serious business. After all, Stephen Colbert put it on NOTICE! Unless that picture was photoshopped upon, which never happens on the internet!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Desu is alright, I guess.
Not annoying.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
why does it say "ns?p"?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
why does it say "ns?p"?

I... don't... know. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how they got it that way in the first place!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
desu is used in japanese quite often

what's not used is "dattebayo"
which is now Naruto ends most of his sentences in the japanese version
dattebayo essentially is an accentuation of the fact taht you just said a verb in the sentnence you just spoke

it's like saying "I ran to the store I said a verb in this sentence"

--if I'm not mistaken of course

why does it say "ns?p"?

ns?p is desu upside down
reason enough in itself

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Ah dattebayo. I was wondering about that one!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Mostly I just like to say I did something...
Also, alternative non-masu forms of verbs are fun...Anybody know of them?