RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Scripts for some special skill effects

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Hi there.
I'm looking for some scripts to make my project more unique. Especially skill effects.
Well, I'll need these skill effect :

1/ Chain Lightning:
Lightning shot from the caster, strike through the 1st target then jumping to another targets, each jump decreases its power by 10%.

2/ Disrupting Bolt :
Like the Chain Lightning, not jumping, but bouncing. It strikes the 1st target then jump to the next one then bounces randomly amongs the foes until its power decreases to no damage, it'll vanish and end the attack. Each bounce decreases it's power by 5% and each bounce has its own Stunning rate.

3/ Pierce Through :
An attack that negates enemy block. It strikes with full damage ingnore the target's defensing stance.

4/ Double-Edge :
A powerful attack not only damage the target but also the user. The user takes back 50% damage as recoil when the hit succeeds.

5/ Far-edge explosions :
The explosion only does full damage to the targeted foe, but -25% power to the near by foes and -50% for the furthest foe.

6/ Random Damage:
The attack does random damage. Range 1-9999 damage. 1% 1-hit-KO chance. ( I think this needs only calling a common event with Variable at random cost, but I still don't know well about Variables ...)

At this time I can only think about those above. I guess those won't cost a pro-scripter much time. All helps are greatly welcome.
* Note : I'm not using RTAB system. Cuz I found it a lot inflictions with my current script. But I use Minkoff's Animated Side-Viewed Battle System. ^_^

***EDIT:

7/ Turn-costed skills :
a/ Skill that cost 1 turn prepare and in the 2nd turn does the attack. (like Razoe Wind in Pokemon series)
b/ Skill that attack immediately but the user will have to rest during the next turn. ( Hyper Beam in Pokemon series)
c/ Skill that cost 1 turn prepare and in the 2nd turn does tha attack in normal condition. Attack immdieatly in special condition ( another skill is being activated) ( Works like Solar Beam in Pokemon series)
d/ Skill that cost 1 turn prepare but in that turn the user can't be hit ( except by some special skills ) ( like Fly or Dig in Pokemon series)
e/ Skill that cost several turns prepare and if the user get hit while prepare then the preparation auto-canceled. The preparation must be start over again. ( Focus Punch in Pokemon series)

8/ Cause abnormal change skills :
Skill that decreases the user 's static point after successfully hit ( Ex : Overheat skill, does full damage at the 1st time use, after 1st use, decreases the user Mag by 50%, and 50% then, and then .... The static point return normal after the battle, od course)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:55:51 AM by Jin_Axl »
Live how long and when to die. You and me, both we don't have the right to decide that.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Interesting ideas. I particularly like the disrupting bolt and the chain lightning skills. I will see what I can do on those two. I am busy right now, so don't count on them coming fast. But, I will do them.

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Ah it's the MA guy  ;D
I only give the idea, in facts, I'm dealing with my mapping, so things like this should only I need later.
Just take your time. Don't over do your self too much  ;)
Live how long and when to die. You and me, both we don't have the right to decide that.