RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
To the Nintendo Fanboys...

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Thought I'd dedicate this share of information to you, you should be very proud.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/23/total-wii-sales-surpass-the-xbox-360-worldwide/

Oh trust me, I've heard a lot of excuses coming from the Xbox Fanboys to explain the phenomon.
Starting at, "Oh the stores are just throwing away the Wiis"
Truthfully, I'm surprised that this was possible because people must continuously rebuy another Xbox because of their defectiveness.

So, good job Nintendo-Dogs!  :D

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
WOAO!!! the Wii passes sales to the Xbox 360 Worldwide!! Impressive Nintendo!

well that maybe becuse all of the faulty Xbox 360 (actually all of them)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Outstanding! I would feel better if I were still a Nintendo fanboy. .__.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Now lets jsut wait when Metroid Prime 3 comes out next week

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
lol that'll really jack up the sales...

wow PS3 sucks retailer-wise...4.3 mil compared to 10.5+ mil...ouch on sony.
But if they make an FF7 remake I'll probably buy one if I have the money after college tuitions...and after I get myself a wii and ssbb...and...and...

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Nintendo-Metroid Prime 3
Xbox- Halo 3, Bioshock, COD4 Modern Warfare, Stranglehold

Yeah lets see if this stays.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
ooo...point to galstaff.

how many platforms is bioshock for?

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
lol that'll really jack up the sales...

wow PS3 sucks retailer-wise...4.3 mil compared to 10.5+ mil...ouch on sony.
But if they make an FF7 remake I'll probably buy one if I have the money after college tuitions...and after I get myself a wii and ssbb...and...and...

Actually, people aren't giving it enough credit.
That's some good sales considering the lack of games and high price.

Nintendo-Metroid Prime 3

Call of Duty 4 is also for the PS3.

And yeah, Wii sales will probably continue.
Wii hasn't even been out for a year.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:17:50 AM by Arkbennett »

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Nintendo-Metroid Prime 3

the difference is that the 360 has been out allot longer then the wii

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
true...at the rate the wii's catching on (assuming it steadily rises or just barely shallows) it'll surpass the xbox by wuite a bit more.  Xbox got where it is after...how many years?  Wii practically just came out and it's already up there...

Go nintendo!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The Wii's sales momentum is amazing,

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Nintendo-Metroid Prime 3, Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy

Fixed. Couldn't think of a decent fourth, because I shouldn't really have to...

EDIT: Read all the comments posted at that link. Sad really.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:26:33 AM by Arrow-1 »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

touche, still I dont think any game can beat the supreme awesomeness of Bioshock

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Nintendo-Metroid Prime 3, Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars II

Fixed.

Bioshock is also for the PC, so is CoD4, and I think Stranglehold is too, so that's nothing special for the 360.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!

touche, still I dont think any game can beat the supreme awesomeness of Bioshock

looks like another fps too me

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Nintendo -
Smash Bros, Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, The Sims, NiGHTS, Red Steel 2, Rayman, Tales of Symphonia, Endless Ocean, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Zack & Wiki, Geometry Wars

360 -
More first person shooters.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 03:31:11 PM by chewey »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Agreed

I totally forgot about most of those!  :o
One thing that pisses me off is that skeptics say the Wii is just a fad, but if we do get sick of motion censor controls (Which I doubt we will), people forget that every Wii game doesn't need motion censor controls.

Also, Nintendo is more than it's cracked up to be as the weakest systems:
The N64 was stronger than the PS1, and (believe it or not!) the GC was actually stronger than the PS2. (Which is a commonly known thing outside of the Sony fanboy's heads)
Plus, the GC was equal to the Xbox. (Maybe a tad weaker, though)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
*Clears throat*

Fuck Nintendo.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I originally wanted a Wii, and after two months of looking for one I gave up and got a 360. : \ I'm glad I did get it, but I would like a Wii, cause the 360 is for when I don't feel like standing for a game and the 360 is going to have RE5, that was enough.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I originally wanted a Wii, and after two months of looking for one I gave up and got a 360. : \ I'm glad I did get it, but I would like a Wii, cause the 360 is for when I don't feel like standing for a game and the 360 is going to have RE5, that was enough.

RE5...it looks pretty good...
360: RE5, CoD4, Blue Dragon, Haze, Too Human...
Wii: Smash Bros, Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, The Sims, NiGHTS, Red Steel 2, Rayman, Tales of Symphonia, Endless Ocean, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Zack & Wiki, Geometry Wars, Metroid Prime 3, Indianapolis 500 Legends, Super Mario Galaxy, MySims, WiiFit, Dragon Blade, DDR Hottest Party, Dragon Quest, Wii Music Orchestra, Trauma Center: New Blood....

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

RE5...it looks pretty good...
d360: RE5, CoD4, Blue Dragon, Haze, Too Human, Gears of War, Oblivion, Halo 3, FALLOUT 3, Fracture, R6: Vegas, Rock Band. F.E.A.R, Crackdown, Shivering Isles, Dead Rising, Devil May Cry 4, Bioshock, Quake 4, GTA IV, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Lost Planet, Silent Hill 5.
Wii: Smash Bros, Batallion Wars, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, NiGHTS, Resident Evil, Geometry Wars(It was on the 360 first :P), Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Music Orchestra, Trauma Center: New Blood....

Fixed.

I wasn't saying like "The Wii sucks, 360 is better."
I really was just saying that I like the 360 because the games are fun and the graphics are good, they don't have you standing and swinging around (Oh, but that makes people fat or you don't have fun sitting there playing on a couch.) Then why has Nintendo owned the market since the beginning, people sitting on a couch playing Mario for 2, 3 generations? Nintendo is still winning, but it you are way too blind to see that they can't possible stay on top forever, even they slip for a generation of consoles or not, then you should take a step back and actually look at the gaming industry. People fight over what console is better with an almost zealous personality. "Oh, this has 43560 billion pixles, and what does YOURS have?" or "My games are funner then yours!" What would someone say to a person that has all of the systems? If I had a Wii, I knew I wouldn't play it that much, the games are very fun and innovative, the smartest on the market right now. Nintendo has some of the best developers out there, they make games so impressive, but Microsoft has some of the best programmers, making them look incredibly realistic and powerful.

Nintendo
Good: Ingenuous games, they appeal to the widest market and sell more consoles.
O.K: They still dominate the handheld market, as small it may be now.
Bad: The Wiimote isn't very great on most games, and some of the games are trying too hard to be totally fun, making most of them very short.

Sony
Bad: Everything

Microsoft
Good: Fun games people can spend alot of time on, best looking graphics and the hardest working console.
O.K: Their Live Market costs a bit more than it should, having everyone pay to play any online games is kind of ridiculous.
Bad: Constant hardware failures and Microsofts inability or caring to help is ruining the company.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Uhh...I was sorta just listing the games that haven't come out yet.

I wasn't bashing the 360, just saying the Wii has a better game lineup than the 360 (and PS3).

Nintendo has some of the best developers out there, they make games so impressive, but Microsoft has some of the best programmers, making them look incredibly realistic and powerful.

You prefer graphics over gameplay?  :P

Bad: The Wiimote isn't very great on most games, and some of the games are trying too hard to be totally fun, making most of them very short.

I can sorta agree with that, I've played some games with controls that don't work too well, we need more Retro Studios, Segas, and, well, of course, Nintendo. (By that, I mean, people need to learn off them, and improve the controls)

Geometry Wars for the Wii is a new game, it's not a Wiimake.

Rep:
Level 98
Yeeesshh.. but it was on the 360 first.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!

Sony
Good: Everything

Microsoft
Bad: Constant hardware failures and Microsofts inability or caring to help is ruining the company.

fixed