RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I am Leaving - Then again why should I ?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I don't understand the problem if he just wants to take a break for a while :\

THAT WAS EDITED^
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:16:42 PM by Nightwolf »
Arlen is hot.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Nightwolf
... It's not a break... I am leaving... I don't plan to return... Or if I do not in any sort of resource making capacity...

My resources are not even on the Home page... Crankeye doesn't bother to put them up... I Email him and Silver, Even silver has said the Front page is under developement, and that was AGES ago...

Silver
I like making resources for my own game, and others, but I don't see the point if their game is one that never gets finished... I want recognition and creditation nothing more...

I said members are launching their own sites and becoming LESS active... when I said Nouman, thats what I mean.

If I was to stay then I don't want to be MOD... and I will only assist those who have a project I share and interest in... Most of the time I will be on other forums, and the resources I make I may post up here for feedback and sharing...

My Activity will drop, I don't see the point in being so active if the way the resources are being advertised is so slow...

Hows this I will return once the Admin gets their fingers out and start rebuilding or putting up resources for download... I will be a MOD for you and make resources for your members when you start helping me...

Other wise... Other places have more to offer.

Can this be done or not Silver ?

The only thing I have had in return for 80% of the rsources I make is +REP... and now Jesus Hitler and CO are having a nice little game of taking it away... I haven't even been active and it's still going down, that's victimisation... What do you do, call me a REP fag... It's the only thanks I have 80% of the time, it's status earn't and a few opinions I expressed in ID don't about to being picked on by YOUR members.

I would even offer to update your WEB front end and keep the resources upto date... But then again why should I bother... I mean when I say I am leaving there was No "thanks for all your contributions" From you as an Admin, all you have done is started being a complete prick... You say your forum is full of teens and that could be the issue, I am not finding that on other sites... Other sites have like Chaos have a VERY proffesional attitude.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:14:32 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nightwolf
... It's not a break... I am leaving... I don't plan to return... Or if I do not in any sort of resource making capacity...

My resources are not even on the Home page... Crankeye doesn't bother to put them up... I Email him and Silver, Even silver has said the Front page is under developement, and that was AGES ago...

Oh shit, that's sad.
But choices are choices, you may have the same reason or do not want to tell us the real one. All that matters is you're goin and we're going to miss you.
See, short, simple, sofesticated, significant, silent, super etc.
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm not really getting this... The reason you're leaving is because of lack of praise? I agree with you that you should be praised more for the things you do but I also agree with the fact that resource making shouldn't be done just so people can say "WAO HE GOOD" about you. If that's all that you want from resource making, then get a hobby. I'm not one to usually hate on people who haven't done anything to me but I have my opinions on things about stuff like this (wow, that was THE worst description ever)

@NW: It's spelled "sophisticated" lol

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
This is my Hobbie, making Resources... I AM MAKING RESOURSE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T USE THEM... That's what I am saying... Most people in the Rsource section requesting don't finish their projects.

So I want the resources I make on the Home page so people can download them... that way there is more chance of them getting noticed and me getting noticed... Other wise why should I bother helping any one, I may aswell just make them for my self...

At least at http://www.rmrevolution.rmrk.net/ you can earn points and with those points I can hire help for my own project.

What I am saying is why am I helping a forum that isn't helping me ?... When i say that I mean in getting my resources noticed... Nouman as them on his front page, I have them on my WEB site... I have been an active member here for AGES and none of them are up despite numberous Emails / PM's...

There is nothing wrong with wanting my Resources to reach as many people as they can... Here they sit in the background while on the front page remains colour edits...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:50:13 PM by landofshadows »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'd just like to point out that scripts, eventing help, and tutorials aren't having the favor returned. They managed to go along fine. It's not that the people don't want to help, they need help first so that they can help others. But now I am done with my rant. I hope.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Most resources requests I don't use my-self... I have no use for them... I make them for people who then abandon their project... those Resources sit on the Forum and never go on the front page and then get lost in time... So why do I bother staying here...?

Tell you what give me some reasons why I should stay ?...

(How can I benefit on here ?... What am I learning or earning from my work here...?)

And then to add to that, I am Modding and getting shite from other Mods, getting my REP stripped and basically being targeted for no other reason than giving my opinion even if it is wrong, rather than saying I am wrong they just call me a Retard or a Cunt... I don't belong here any more...

This place wont change any time soon I have asked Silver to get my resources up, I have Emailed Crankeye... it does not happen...

If it does change then I MIGHT return and I MIGHT start showing an interest again... In helping people as it will be helping me....

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Halo dere I see u r on.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award

The front page (crankeye.com) is crankeye's ground. Yes, I wrote a new experimental one, but it's crankeye's call if it gets used.

I like making resources for my own game, and others, but I don't see the point if their game is one that never gets finished... I want recognition and creditation nothing more...

There are, what, maybe five? ten? games (and I mean proper RPG games) that've been completed in the history of, well, forever?

I said members are launching their own sites and becoming LESS active... when I said Nouman, thats what I mean.

I get bored of repeating myself that you just can't keep the small closely working community feel when your community is, well, no longer small. Go and start an RPG Maker community, get it this large, and I'll see where you're at.

If I was to stay then I don't want to be MOD... and I will only assist those who have a project I share and interest in... Most of the time I will be on other forums, and the resources I make I may post up here for feedback and sharing...

You are leaving or you aren't?

My Activity will drop, I don't see the point in being so active if the way the resources are being advertised is so slow...

Sorry, what? A tenth of the resources database consists entirely of you. Or did you mean the main site? Read my first part of this post. This is, of course, assuming you think that most people use the main site for resources and not the resources forums here, when in fact it's the other way around.

Other wise... Other places have more to offer.

You mean less? less people to ask for or see your resources?

Can this be done or not Silver ?

I'm not even sure what you're asking me to do, or even what you think I can do.

You want to only do resources for games that will be finished? So, what, I should ban people who I don't think are going to finish their games? If you don't want to make resources for games you think won't be finished, I think the solution is to not make resources for games that you think won't be finished.

The only thing I have had in return for 80% of the rsources I make is +REP... and now Jesus Hitler and CO are having a nice little game of taking it away... I haven't even been active and it's still going down, that's victimisation...

Sorry, but the rep thing never was intended to, designed to be, or should be seriously paid much attention to or cared about.

What do you do, call me a REP fag

I have never called you a "rep fag". I've said "rep fag" on these forums I think once, and there I was referring to people who take advantage of members such as yourself who seem to care about it and lower / raise somebody's rep.

... It's the only thanks I have 80% of the time, it's status earn't and a few opinions I expressed in ID don't about to being picked on by YOUR members.

Status would be moderator status, the special RMRK advanced status, veteran status, donator status and extra access status. Oh, and the fact that so many people like and recognise you do to your resource work. Though you're on about rep right? The number freely editable by almost any member.

Incase anybody reading forgot, the rep number is just that, your reputation. If you like somebody, you add to it, if you don't, you take away from it. You can't do anything again until waiting a couple of hours. I'd wager that JH and co minus rep you because they don't like you. So, you're ultimately, with this, whining that somebody doesn't like you? Not everybody here is going to like everyone else. That's how humanity works.  As for "abuse", with JH and co, while lame that they're doing it, are using the rep system entirely "legally" - that is, they can only do one edit, and only once in each time limit. The only way you could get away from this is to escape to a place that's small enough that everyone knows or likes anyone else. So yeah, one reason for you to leave there, but the reason is (sorry, it is) pretty sad.

I would even offer to update your WEB front end and keep the resources upto date... But then again why should I bother... I mean when I say I am leaving there was No "thanks for all your contributions" From you as an Admin, all you have done is started being a complete prick

There is no real "front end", it's done by adding the files directly through FTP. Which, gives whoever has access to that, access to all of RMRK's, well, everything. This is irrelevant though. I see you're calling me a prick because the resources on the main site aren't updated by me? The front page (crankeye.com) is crankeye's ground. He's made it clear that only he wants to handle that. Not me. Or are you calling me a prick because I don't use or thank you for resources I don't want or won't use? I don't use RPG Maker, Steve. Or did you mean, "thanks for working with resources stuff for the members!"? That's why I made you a moderator there :/

... You say your forum is full of teens and that could be the issue, I am not finding that on other sites... Other sites have like Chaos have a VERY proffesional attitude.

http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/About_RMRK
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:29:28 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
And I don't see why you think nothing is done about JH and co. Just mere seconds ago I deleted Saladin's insulting posts in this thread and let him know it's a long-term ban if it happens again. Many entries in the trash forum are posts by them intending to insult you that have been deleted. Saucy's been shouted at and knows what'll happen if she were to continue. JH himself was recently banned.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:31:03 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, you know what they say. If you're a perfect/good person and do one bad things (or more) they'll remember you for that.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
And I don't see why you think nothing is done about JH and co, just mere seconds ago I deleted Saladin's insulting posts in this thread and let him know it's a long-term ban if it happens again. Many entries in the trash forum are posts by them intending to insult you that have been deleted.

I still see it... Thanks for all your efforts... But you say many entries... How many would you put up with ?

You do loads for this Forum, say if the insults got aimed at you... How long would you put up with it...?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:58:53 PM by landofshadows »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Forever, man. He is the life and blood of this forum. If he leaves, then we all go and kill him because we would be sad. ;9

Rep:
Level 102
I still see it... Thanks for all your efforts... But you say many entries... How many would you put up with ?

You do loads for this Forum, say if the insults got aimed at you... How long would you put up with it...?

If they're blatant I would delete them, just like I delete ones aimed at you. Being on top, I get my fair share of them, but I don't let them get to me or I ignore them. You know, the whole don't feed the trolls thing.
bringing sexy back

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think your a Prick for keeping DS as a MOD that's my opinion and your defending her above... that Thin Ice you mentioned fell through long ago for me... And most others in ID stated how well my pateince lasted, including you... You see how you want to know why I called you a prick, now wonder how I feel being called every thing I get called...

I really like you Paul... I think your a cool guy... But there is disliking some one and then there is insulting them... They ARE insulting me... I take back calling you a Prick, I just see you defending them and it pisses me off... I don't care if they dislike me... they could ignore me... Most people liked me in ID and my opinions, but most people don't post there cuz of the people that you allow to abuse others for having an opinion... I get may be a week with out being abused here as of late...

You are leaving or you aren't?

Feck it... I will stay... And I will go back in ID, and I will stop, as you say feeding the trolls... And as for making resources, if people want them they can request them in my Shop at Rm...

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I want to leave but want you to understand why... I mean, I want this site to improve... I may be leaving and shooting my self in the foot... May be this is as good as the site gets...

Bye...

I preferred this one.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I preferred this one.

All the more reason for me to stay...LOL

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
Feck it... I will stay... And I will go back in ID, and I will stop, as you say feeding the trolls... And as for making resources, if people want them they can request them in my Shop at Rm...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I should change my last name to Atreides.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wow. You came back faster than Irock did. ;8

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
The son of Atreus ?... Not sure I understand why ?

Silver makes a fair bit of sense... Was shooting my self in the foot to try and prove a point not worth proving.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
:D yay your staying ^^

and if there is an confusion still about the part where it said I left RMRK...no way I <3 this place too much  :tpg:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The son of Atreus ?... Not sure I understand why ?

Silver makes a fair bit of sense... Was shooting my self in the foot to try and prove a point not worth proving.
Lol yay I don't hate dislike you anymore if I read that correctly! :D

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Right... Cheers...

I have an idea... Rather than me helping to make Resources I am going to try and help Teach people how to make them... So I may be more active in the Tutorials area !!

Rep:
Level 102
That actually sounds like a pretty good idea =D
bringing sexy back

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
yay glad your staying LOS, i still dont see why you stopped posting in ID, you made some decent topics/posts in there.