RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Banners, what program do you use to make them?

Rep:
Level 87
Im A Legendary Gun To The Max x10
I was woundering what program people use here to make banners, i use Paint Shop Pro but i want something better so i can get better results. So i was wondering what everyone else uses to make theres.. So what program do you use to make your banners?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Most people probably use some version of Adobe Photoshop.

I use Ulead PhotoImpact.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
I use GIMP.  And I'm quite good at it.  I think Photoshop is a little overrated while GIMP is underrated.  While photoshop has some features that the GIMP does not the GIMP can pull off some amazing works.  But go with whatever you feel comfortable with.  I can't tell you what to get. lol
Go suck a lemon! lol

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I use photoshop for my work.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
photoshop cs2
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Das Geisteskrank
Like pretty much everyone said, Photoshop CS2 would be your best bet. The pen tool can make some pretty cool stuff.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Photoshop 7 FTW

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
fireworks/flash

for some reason flash's drawing tools seem to give my best style of anything. pretty much any image you see made by me has been made in flash. i use fireworks when i need some of the tools flash doesnt have.

Rep:
Level 87
Maybe ill try PhotoShop CS3 then.. Thanks for the ideas and help.. ;D

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
If you have the money then get Photoshop...and if you have the balls then get a cracked version.  But if you wanna save money and be legal then GIMP is the way to go. lol
Go suck a lemon! lol

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yeah, GIMP is supposedly more powerful than Photo Shop.
But I'm used to GIMP and Paint.Net. Both are very useful, never got into Photo Shop, always seemed way to complicated to do one thing...Flash is a nice thing too, flash gives a cartoony style, and there isn't much else...

Rep:
Level 87
I have the free vesion of gimp, i dont use it much.. I only used it for spriting now i just use PSP (Paint Sop Pro).. I wasnt to good with it and it didnt seem to have alot of options to use.. Im suprised the results you get mangadude5760.. Anyway ill have a look in google to see what CS3 has to offer.

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
I don't know if GIMP is more powerful buuuuut it can content with it! That's for sure buddy! Haha! lol
Thanks Zainox.  I work teh magic! lol 
Go suck a lemon! lol

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I have the free vesion of gimp, i dont use it much.. I only used it for spriting now i just use PSP (Paint Sop Pro).. I wasnt to good with it and it didnt seem to have alot of options to use.. Im suprised the results you get mangadude5760.. Anyway ill have a look in google to see what CS3 has to offer.

Naah, you gotta get used to it. Mess around with it, or it's useless, unless you're going to learn it, there's no point in getting it and keeping it.

It's not too user friendly, as first, that's why everybody acts like it's something really special when you pull off something sweet with it.

Rep:
Level 87
 :lol: im trying to get  photo impact... and if its ---- ... im getting GIMP

EDIT by Arrow-1: Go ahead and swear, we don't mind. ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 02:44:13 AM by Arrow »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Photoshop CS3.

If free, I suggest GIMP.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I used to use  PS 2.0 Elements which was heaps easy but now I use CS2 even though I hate it =P

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Has anyone here used both Pain Shop Pro and Photoshop so they can compare to see what one is better?

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
paint shop pro is mainly used by web designers and stylists. If you want to makea banner with cool effects, Photoshop 7 is the ideal choice. CS3 might have more stuff, but it's more difficult to work on than 7 is.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Has anyone here used both Pain Shop Pro and Photoshop so they can compare to see what one is better?

Paint Shop Pro has better color selection, good for simple banners.
Photoshop is crazy shit that can ruin you or bring you to greatness

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I use Photoshop 6 XD

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon