RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I know there's the Puzzle Tutorial, but... (RM2k3)

Rep:
Level 87
...It has not been posted in for over two months, so I didn't want to necropost.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any puzzles of their own that they could share or assist others in creating their own puzzles.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:47:02 PM by SuperPhillip »

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
ok.......you want a 3X3 Grid puzzle.......ok then:

1.First make an event, make it touched by hero, below hero. Put inside "Switch Operations" and make a switch called "Grid ON 1" or how you want to name it. Here's how it looks:

2.Now make a new page in the same event, make the preconditions if switch "Grid ON 1" is on. Put inside "Switch Operations" and turn it off.

Now you can copy and paste the event and just change the switch "Grid ON 1" to "Grid ON 2" and so on...
Here it should look like:

Note: You must put some of them already on.

3. Now that you got the puzzle, lets put the Checker....Make a new event, now put "Conditional Branch" if switch "Grid ON 1" is on, then inside of it put another "Conditional Branch" if switch Grid ON 2 is on, ect. Example:

Now then put the switch if all of the switch is on, the door will open (with a switch, demonstrated on pic above)
and there you go, this will check if all of the switch is on, the door will open and it should look like this:

If your still confuse, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:10:05 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 87
Simply press the Print Screen key on your keyboard, and then paste the picture into a program like MS Paint.
Save it, then host it.

No worries. I didn't know how until a few weeks ago. ;)

Rep:
Level 89
oh ok, so where can i find the MS paint program? also did you understand the tutorial?

Rep:
Level 87
oh ok, so where can i find the MS paint program? also did you understand the tutorial?

I won't know until I run through it. And you don't need MS Paint. You can use any picture editor application.

Rep:
Level 89
ok but now i need the system that lets me take screenshot (thats what it say on my Laptop)

Rep:
Level 87
There should be a key that says "Print Screen".
Even if there's a message, you should be able to paste it into a picture editor program.

Rep:
Level 89
ok i press the button but nothing happends, and on the key it say "Sys Req" meaning system required....

Rep:
Level 87
ok i press the button but nothing happends, and on the key it say "Sys Req" meaning system required....

Nothing should happen when you press the button. Now go to a picture or photo editing program and press CTRL+V.

Rep:
Level 89
oh, stupid me, thanx for your help, now to take pics of the tutorial.........

ok I edit the second post I posted here so check it out.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:13:53 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 87
Awesome. Thanks a bunch.

Rep:
Level 89
np  ;)

that just the basic so you can add more stuff to it, later at 2pm or something I will put it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:56:07 AM by AlienSoldier »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I'll clean up in your double posts AlienSoldier ^_^

@SuperPhilip: Have your problem been resolved?

Rep:
Level 87
Well, I'm still interested in other brands of puzzles that can be done in RM2k3, so I didn't want to place "resolved" in my topic title as of yet if that's okay.

If not, I'll be happy to edit the title. 

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
I coud make some simple block pushing tutorials, and block on switch tutorials.
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 87
I coud make some simple block pushing tutorials, and block on switch tutorials.

That'd be great.

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Make an event like this, (It'll be the block you push.
Spoiler for:
Play around with that event untill you get something like this (doesnt have to look exactly like it.)
Spoiler for:

BLOCK ON SWITCH.
Make an event like this, it'll be the the block you push on the switch.
Spoiler for:

Then make the switch event like this.
Spoiler for:
8 and 7 being the X and y of the switch event.
Working on world of sorrow again.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
No no, it's alright.
I would prefer if you edited your first post to include the new stuff you are requesting, but I do not require it ^_^

Btw. I once made a puzzle in rm2k. I suspect the implementation in rm2k3 to be parallel.
Amazingly enough the link I posted way back in its time still works. (I posted it in 2005)
http://www28.websamba.com/Vobbys/Gamos2k/bin/Gamos.rar
I don't have rm2k anymore and I never had rm2k3 so I can't help you out.

- Zeriab