RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Eventing

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
I am getting pretty good at eventing so if you want help just reply to this.
I will be scanning the tutorials and eventing thread so I should be able to help other people
Spoiler for:
:tpg: ;8

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
ok i have this event problem hmm ok its kinda like this

its a skill call common event

when i use this skills its suppose to change my battler battle graphic into a limited amount of time

@>when skill is use
@>change hero battle graphic to "herocooler.png"
@>set time 30 seconds and display
ive figure the part above here is the problem im having with

how to return the battle graphic back to its original look after i have win a battle or the said time has expired.?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Nice initiative ^_^
Good luck with this.
I hope loads of people will ask for help
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 02:20:08 PM by Nouman »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
:o
cleaned up.  :D

good idea, and good luck with this!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
i'd just asked a question
[quoe my self]
ok i have this event problem hmm ok its kinda like this

its a skill call common event

when i use this skills its suppose to change my battler battle graphic into a limited amount of time

@>when skill is use
@>change hero battle graphic to "herocooler.png"
@>set time 30 seconds and display
ive figure the part above here is the problem im having with

how to return the battle graphic back to its original look after i have win a battle or the said time limit has expired.?
[quoe my self]

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
you could turn the skill into a state which releases at end of battle

Rep:
Level 87
I need help making a mini game
Your a chef people come to the counter ask for food then you use the stove use the thing next to it and use the thing next to the thing then you bring it to the table and get 2 coins how can I work this and theres a time limit

Rep:
Level 88
Hi Im kinda stuck. In one map I want a girl who will dissapear  from the map when I learn a specific teleport skill and dont be in this map when I return back to this map.  And she sholuld appear in a specific map,that she wanna go with me and then dissapear when she give me 10 potions.  I tried Local Switch,but when I set on the secons page tha graphic to none it isnt working properly - the girl dissapears after the dialog... Can someone please help me and post screenies?

THANX

Rep:
Level 88
Hi Im kinda stuck. In one map I want a girl who will dissapear  from the map when I learn a specific teleport skill and dont be in this map when I return back to this map.  And she sholuld appear in a specific map,that she wanna go with me and then dissapear when she give me 10 potions.  I tried Local Switch,but when I set on the secons page tha graphic to none it isnt working properly - the girl dissapears after the dialog... Can someone please help me and post screenies?

THANX

I am using RMXP

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
you could turn the skill into a state which releases at end of battle

how do you propose i do that? make it more clrearer like the actual text of how the event shoud go.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Next time, patmi, please edit your post instead of completely posting a new post with one little difference in lines.

@patmi:Also, if the girl is an event.when you learn a teleport skill (if you learn it through events) then you could just turn on a switch (not local) that will use the "Teleport Event" and then use local switches for the potion part. Just remember to make the local switch turning on thing at the end of the event page and that you need a pre-condition.

Rep:
Level 88
Next time, patmi, please edit your post instead of completely posting a new post with one little difference in lines.

@patmi:Also, if the girl is an event.when you learn a teleport skill (if you learn it through events) then you could just turn on a switch (not local) that will use the "Teleport Event" and then use local switches for the potion part. Just remember to make the local switch turning on thing at the end of the event page and that you need a pre-condition.
Sorry, my internet broke down,that is why I posted a second time,because I wasnt sure about the posting of the first post.... can u please send me screnshots? Thanx a bunch...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wait, first off: Is the girl an event?

Rep:
Level 88
Wait, first off: Is the girl an event?
Yes... I learn the Earth Teleport skill trought awitch in school...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ah! Much easier! Okay, what do you need screenshots on? Whatever, I'll get what I can and then ask for whatever else you need. Can you wait a while? It might be a while because uploading and stuff and stuff. I'll edit this post or post again if someone else posts.

Edit: I instead attached a game. It just explains lots of stuff. Just play it through and then look through the eventing I used. I think that should all be right (pretty crude and inefficient, I think)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:03:56 PM by Jae Young »

Rep:
Level 88
Ah! Much easier! Okay, what do you need screenshots on? Whatever, I'll get what I can and then ask for whatever else you need. Can you wait a while? It might be a while because uploading and stuff and stuff. I'll edit this post or post again if someone else posts.
Can u post screenies of the entire event with the girl? She should say: Hello...I would like to go to Earth.
                                                                                                                Hero : I can take u there.
                                                                                                                 If skill Earth teleport is usable: Lets go!
                                                                                                                  then the girl should dissaper from the map
                                                                                                                   then Teleport to the map when she will appear
                                                                                                                    and give the hero the potions,then walk away and dissapear.
If the hero does not know the Earth teleport the girl should say: Im sorry,but you dontknow the requested skill,comeback when u learn it.

this is what i need help with...

THANX

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, use conditional branches to check if the skill is usable because of the second switch. Please look at the post above yours because you posted and then I editted. :P My thing is just a frame for how things should be done so... yeah.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, use conditional branches to check if the skill is usable because of the second switch. Please look at the post above yours because you posted and then I editted. :P My thing is just a frame for how things should be done so... yeah.
I cant open the project because i have a different version than you....aw...man.....can u please send me scrrenies to patmi@mj-soft.net ?
How much pages should the event have?
THANX
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:12:12 PM by patmi »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I don't wanna do screenshots... T_T Just make a new project called something like "Patmi" or "YARGH." Then, take the 3 folders (Audio, Data, and Graphics) and drag them into the folder of the new game. Replace the new game's folders and you should be able to open it up.