RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Religion.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
So, religions any of you? Which are they and why do you believe in them?
As many of you know I'm an atheist, due mostly to the utter lack of evidence for God. I was, however, raised as a Fundamentalist Christian and my parents are still under the impression that I am one (haha!).
Also in this thread I intend on ripping apart your silly arguments for why you believe in God or whatever else, but it seems that this topic is more suited for General Chat nonetheless as its primary function is as a survey of sorts. Mods forgive me if you do not agree!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:58:09 PM by gonorrhoea »
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
In before drama >_>
bringing sexy back

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
But that'll add to the lol.
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm an Agnostic, because I really don't care either way. All signs point to "no", but if there ends up being a god, well congratulations God.

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
i'm an athiest

mostly because i don't want to beleive in any of the religions because if god is so insecure that he needs ppl worshipping him then idk if i really want a god

also all religions have at least one flaw in them find me a perfect releigion that explains and proves everything and i will follow that

i beleive in alot of the scientific stuff because while they don't know shit at least they prove what they know
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
<3 this topic. ~I'm an atheist, due mostly to the utter lack of evidence for God~

New Id rules say you can't start religious wars but there's nothing saying you can't start one here, have fun.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I'm an honest christian  :)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

Which are they and why do you believe in them?

Learn to read fucktard.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I'm a Christian because like the Bible says Jesus came to earth and died for my sins and rose again three days later and everything the Bible says is true so he must have, right? That's why I'm a Christian.

Rep:
Level 89
Eye of the tiger!
I was sorta agonistic. But after see this doco i've changed my mind! Watch it. it is very interesting. Are we living in the matrix?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7044753105944203252&hl=en

Have fun!
 :lol:

"It wasn't me, a racoon jumped through the window, onto the chair, over my shoulder, through the living room and into the kitchen. The racoon stole the cookies from the cookie jar!" - Jerry and Cheese

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'm an Agnostic, because I really don't care either way. All signs point to "no", but if there ends up being a god, well congratulations God.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I was sorta agonistic. But after see this doco i've changed my mind! Watch it. it is very interesting. Are we living in the matrix?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7044753105944203252&hl=en

Have fun!
 :lol:

Wow, 50 minutes of taking a bunch of un-evidenced theories, sluting them up and speaking of them as fact. YEH THAT WAS A REAL EYE OPENER

An answer that tells us we came from something that evolved, whoever that is, is adding complexity to an idea when a simpler explanation exists. If a creator exists, it evolved. If it evolved by itself then we can do it too, making a creator an extra, unneeded step.

Rep:
Level 89
Eye of the tiger!
Ok. But anything like this is unprovable. religion is unprovable. It is unprovable that we just exist. How do we just exist? If you can tell me that then I'll listen to whatever you have to say.

"It wasn't me, a racoon jumped through the window, onto the chair, over my shoulder, through the living room and into the kitchen. The racoon stole the cookies from the cookie jar!" - Jerry and Cheese

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Saucy, I love you, but you're so predictable. As soon as someone said they were anything but athiest or agnostic, you started in on them.

Rep:
Level 87
Christian.

I was grown up in a Christian household, for the most part, and I assume that attributes to why I am a Christian... but it's more than that.

My Dad never was a Christian when I lived with him, but a few years ago he finally became one.  I've seen him change so much ever since he has became one. He's changed for the far better. It touches me, and... eh. I really have no idea "why I am a Christian." I just believe.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 08:16:34 PM by Ikzai »
Poke!
Can you dig it?

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88

Which are they and why do you believe in them?

Learn to read fucktard.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
In before drama >_>
*Saucy

Oh Holkeye beat me to it. But he's right.

Me2.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
lol....Im not really formal but I do believe in a creator or God. The universe is just too complex for it to come out of something like a "big bang". So some higher form must have created and planned it...thats just my opinion

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
I was a Buddhist, gone Atheist. Actually Buddhism is Atheist but I don't believe in anything about it anymore, and also the fact that 70% of Buddhists have no idea what it is. Like most religions people end up worshiping Prophets rather than the original intended gods. I only respect those who know their religions.

- -

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Ok. But anything like this is unprovable. religion is unprovable. It is unprovable that we just exist. How do we just exist? If you can tell me that then I'll listen to whatever you have to say.

Yes, unprovable at the moment, so you take the simplest explanation as the most likely. A "god" is not the simpler answer, it's an added, unneeded step. It may  have happened, but it's not the most likely choice.

A BETTER RESPONSE TO THIS WOULD BE, YEH, RELIGION IS UNPROVABLE BUT SO IS SANTA CLAUSE YOU FUCK. You take the most likely explanations.

Saucy, I love you, but you're so predictable. As soon as someone said they were anything but athiest or agnostic, you started in on them.

I take no dogmatic stance on anything, I believe (at the current time) what has evidence in it's surrounds, the god theory has evidence against it, not just lack of. It's not my fault that what I believe happens to put me in the appearance of a  stereotypical stance because I believe in them for the right reasons, science is not just another faith I switched to. I would believe in the supernatural if shown evidence of it, as all real atheists would.

*Saucy

Oh Holkeye beat me to it. But he's right.

So arlen... Do you take the agnostic view on the Flying Spaghetti Monster..?

I only respect those who know their religions.

Love it. It's lack of understanding that brings most people to their current religious beliefs...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 05:07:38 AM by Kate »

Rep:
Level 87
lol....Im not really formal but I do believe in a creator or God. The universe is just too complex for it to come out of something like a "big bang". So some higher form must have created and planned it...thats just my opinion

and just what might have created some higher being even more complex than the universe? did it just suddenly exist? isn't that EXACTLY what your inturpretation of the big bang is? think about what you say before you say it dumbass

not only that but the big bang isn't creation its just the point where we can't see anything farther back. that doesn't mean its creation what if there was some super highly advanced race that became too powerful too fast and ended up destroying everything? or what if the universe was set out of balance and everything was compressed into an out of control black hole then exploded from the incredible pressure? there are so many possible things the big bang could be you can't possibly think there is any way of knowing what it really was

caramelldansen forever!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

and just what might have created some higher being even more complex than the universe? did it just suddenly exist? isn't that EXACTLY what your inturpretation of the big bang is? think about what you say before you say it dumbass

not only that but the big bang isn't creation its just the point where we can't see anything farther back. that doesn't mean its creation what if there was some super highly advanced race that became too powerful too fast and ended up destroying everything? or what if the universe was set out of balance and everything was compressed into an out of control black hole then exploded from the incredible pressure? there are so many possible things the big bang could be you can't possibly think there is any way of knowing what it really was

Well said, I missed that part. A theory doesn't have to explain everything  in order to be correct. The bigbang theory states that it was a bigbang that started the universe, it does not say what caused the bigbang nor try to explain its cause, for that is the job of another theory to explain. The bigbang theory has been shown correct.

I don't know why religious types oppose the bigbang theory, it doesn't go against god directly... Couldn't they just say that god caused the bigbang..? ::)

Rep:
Level 87
hey saucy you ever watched jesus camp? it's the best religious comedy ever. it wasn't intended to be a comedy and most people don't think its funny but i personally love watching idiots and their stupid ways. i loved her speech on harry potter it was the best part of the movie. man, i laughed so hard at that, what a total dumbass. she was getting all worked up about a fantasy book character.

caramelldansen forever!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I thought it was pretty funny in Jesus Camp when she was praying for her powerpoint presentation and praying that it wouldn't crash <3.

I thought it was funny when after seeing the film I looked up that Ted Haggard guy online (the head pastor / leader whatever of their religious group) and it turns out he's been secretly doing drugs and hiring / having sex with male prostitutes. LOL.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Saucy:

I think what Holkeye was talking about was that every time someone even so much as mentions religion, you immediately find out what their beliefs are and ritualistically assault them, berate them, and attack their own beliefs.

Why does it bother you so much? Are you trying to save us from being wrong about God, or something? Looking for more people to believe in what you believe, so you don't feel so alone?

At times, I think you're about as annoying as any other Jesus freak that comes trying to persuade us to believe in his savior. Just as pushy. Just as irritating. Just as annoying.

Give it a rest.

:tinysmile::tinysmile: