RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A game story - Use it if you want...

Rep:
Level 89
I came up with this but with my new career, I don't have the time to go and make it. But I do have time to write this.

In a certain village, the law states that anyone past the age of 10 with proper instruction may bear and even brandish any weapon. However, any  murder is a crime punishable by death, and there are no exceptions.
It is a perfect law. Murder rates decrease dramatically.

A young man watches another surrounded by other boys. They taunt him. He looks angry and close to tears. The situation is escalated. They turn to beating the boy up, first with fists, and when he fights back, with weapons. He can't take it, watching them treat the boy this way. Somwthing really bad could happen.

"Hey"
All turn to look at him.
"Leave him alone. Now."

Laughter. They ignore him. The boy is really hurt now.
He draws his weapon, and attacks. There is no mercy.

The older boy stands there in shock. Murder. He would be executed.
The young man swears to help him. But what can they do?

A story of injustice, and what happens when standing up for the right thing goes too far.

The story is set in a world with varying rates of futuristic technology.
I hope someone can bring this somewhat vague idea to life.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Well,thats basically,why you shouldn't give 10 yrs old kid weapons!They fight all the time!
I think you have potential for storytelling,but you have to deeply think about things like these first.I read a story you posted once*cough* in the wrong forum*cough*.Something about a vampire,banned from his homeland.That one sounded good(thought it needed a little work here and there).But this one,i feel like it was made in too much of a rush.
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 89
They wouldn't always fight... and they are taught from a very young age what the consequences would be.

Indeed, this isn't fleshed out as much, but it's just a random idea I had.

MY other story is something I've been working on for a long time, though the version you read is SEVERELY shortened down, and simplified.