RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Script Listing/Classifications [READ BEFORE REQUESTING SCRIPTS]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I noticed that there wasn't a thread detailing what scripts were what, etc...
I figured that I would make this one to allow people easy searching for the kind of script that they were looking for, by browsing this topic for script(s) whose descriptions sound like what they were looking for.
(I understand there is one in the Script Database, but I don't think that it is descriptive enough)

RPG Maker XP

Custom Menu Systems
There are all sorts of systems out there.
If you don't like the default menu system, then look here for a modification of said menu.

Spoiler for:
Custom Menu System v1.1
-- Constance
> This menu system is designed for 2 member parties, it shows most of their stats in a single window, along with their battler images.

1-Person CMS v1.0
-- Constance
> This menu systems is obviously designed for 1 member parties, and is a simple modification of his 2 person CMS.

My Edited Status Screen
-- Black Shadow
> a nice simple edit of the Scene_Status

New Scene_Status
-- Falcon
> upgraded status display screen

Message Systems/Special Windows
These scripts are designed to make your game more interesting to look at during Talking Scenes.  They have functions such as Face Sets (i.e. RM'03) and easy expanced colors.
Spoiler for:
Letter by Letter Message Window
-- Season In The Abyss
> This message system shows all the talking messages Letter by Letter with variable speeds.  Also adds functions like Name Boxes and Faces, etc... To make the game more graphically interesting.

Slipknot Message System
-- Season In The Abyss
> An older message system, it is suggested to use the Letter by Letter Message System, and has many of the same features.

Scrolling Message System
-- Season In The Abyss
> Another CMS by S.I.T.A. This system has some of the features of the above systems, with the ability to change the Message Box itself.

Slipknot Advance Message System 3.0
-- Season In The Abyss
> S.I.T.A. is really good at these I guess ;D
  Has facesets, hexidecimal color, etc... Again, to make messages more interesting

Custom Battle Options
These scripts will be sorted by type
ABS (Active Battle System)
Think Legend of Zelda with these scripts, they basically allow you to fight on the map without the battle transition
Spoiler for:
Mr.Mo's ABS
-- Mr.Mo
> A really great ABS, allows custom animations and missile attacks among other things.

ATB (Active Time Battle)
Think Final Fantasy with this one, basically the bars fill up and you attack when your bar is full.
Spoiler for:
ChaosDrive RTAB Edition
-- ChaosDrive: Blizzard, RTAB: Cogwheel
> This script allows you to use Blizzard's ChaosDrive with Cogwheel's RTAB (duhr)
  A great option for people who want a more 'advanced' sort of Limit Break that does
  more than just special attacks.

Other
Basically anything that modifies battle mechanic/effects that dosen't fit into the above categories
Spoiler for:
Various Battle Commands
-- Trickster
> Trickster's basically adding new commands to battle, look through the thread as they
  aren't all in the first post.

NBDA v1.3b
-- NAMKCOR
> This script can be used to have actors talk before and after battle, to describe both the battle and their own conditions Kinda Valkyrie Profile-ish (NAMKCOR's First Script WOOT!)

Regen, Auto-Life, and more!!!
-- Sir Edeon X
> Adds several new addons to battle that can make the game seem lots more professional

Encounter Range Script
-- modern algebra
> This script allows the game maker to give monsters levels, and then based on those levels, it determines what enemy troops can be attacked by the player at his current level.

Suikoden Dueling System v0.9
-- modern algebra
>basically is a game of advanced rock, paper, scissors for battle.  Obviously based on Suikoden

Bullet Reload System 1.0
-- Falcon
> allows for ammo use for skills and attacks

Death Watch v1.05
-- NAMKCOR
> creates a timed death status

MA's Additional Skill Effects
-- Modern Algebra
> creates fun extra skill targeting effects

Power Word: Shield
-- Falcon
> creates availability for the skill power word shield

Non-Animated Side View Battle System
-- xilef
> creates a simple sideview system with static battlers

Save Mods
You want your game to save differently than default? Here's where to look
Spoiler for:
Savepoint
-- Rune
> This game creates a nice looking save menu for save points.

Memory Card Slots
-- xilef
> Saves your games almost PSOne esque, also allows you to see other games' saves as long as you have this script in those games as well.

Autosave Script
-- Falcon
> Want your game to save in certain spots without user's input/interrupting the game?
  This script is for you.

Graphic Mods
You want extra graphic addons to your game? Look at these scripts
Spoiler for:
Caterpillar
-- fukuyama
> Think final fantasy 8, the main character will lead the party, and all the rest of
  the party members will follow behind him/her in order.

War Fog
-- Wachunga
> This script makes 'fog of war' similar to Advance Wars and other Tactics Games.

SLOLS
-- Zeriab
> Basically allows the player to play snake on loading screens, it's a fun little
  minigame addon

Bitmap Gradient for Bars
-- Tsunokiette
> Allows for bars to be drawn during battle and on menus to show how high a stat is,
  etc...

Status Effects As Icons
-- CCOA
> displays status effects as icons instead of as text

Battle Result
-- A3D
> creates a custom battle display window

Game System Addons
Scripts that affect the game's out of battle sytems, stuff that changes the way the game works.
Spoiler for:
Leveling up with points
-- Drago del fato
> Allows you to change stats by adding points to them to further customize your characters' performance.

Tax Script
-- Falcon
> This Script allows the user to add a sales tax to items that are sold in a shop.
In addition, the user may use negative taxes, for discount shops.

Move By Clicking
-- Tsunokiette
> Mouse script that allows you to move your character by clicking on the map where you want them to go. Some ABS games use this kind of system.

Luck Script
-- Falcon
> This Script allows each actor to have luck, a hidden stat which affect critical hit chance, item gained chance, and gold gained chance.

Modern's Advanced Skills (MAASO)
-- modern algebra
>this script allows you to specify how much MP to power a skill with, thereby affecting it's potency

Walking Speed based on steps
-- Kathis
> makes you walk faster based on how much you walk (simple enough)

Catalogue Script v1.2
-- Modern Algebra
> creates a catalogue of items that records what you have gotten, and allows you to order more

Zeriab's Anti-Event Lag Script
-- Zeriab
> Reduces lag in game with a new way to process events

Equipment Requirement System v2.10
-- NAMKCOR
> creates level and attribute prerequisites for equipment (i.e. Diablo II)

Castlevania DS Craft System
-- Leon_Westbrooke
> allows the crafting of items out of other items by certain configured recipies

Party Changer
-- Leon_Westbrooke
> party changer, simple and efficient

Passive Skills
-- Leon_Westbrooke
> creates skills that are always on

Break item and gold quantity limits!
-- Formina_Sage
> allows you to have more gold and/or items than the standard XP built in limits.

Other Addons
Misc. scripts that don't really fit anywhere else (oddballs)
Spoiler for:
Flesh of a Radio
-- Tsunokiette
> Basic setup for a radio

User Customizable AI
-- pidey
> Allows the player to cusotmize actor AI

Swimming Script!
-- toriverly
> basically makes allowing the character to swim easier.

Dynamic Sound Emmissions
-- Modern Algebra
> basically creates an object that emits sound at a certain distance (so if you're too far away, you can't hear, etc...)

Useful Scriptlets
-- modern algebra
> a few fun little additions to make games more professional

MOG's Scripts
-- multiple authors
> contains a good amount of scripts, including the XAS Hero ABS and some addons for said system

Warped Movement for Window_Selectable
-- Zeriab
> creates a fun movement scheme for windows

For the Developers
Addons to help during game development
Spoiler for:
Advance Debug System 1.1
-- Season In The Abyss
>This script allow you change more game settings when you're testing it.

Window&Scene Wizard
-- Mr.Mo
> Allows you to script windows without haveing to do it 'blindly' and having to test the windows and scenes over and over to see if they look good.  Also auto generates the script for you.

Module Addon
-- Zeriab
> an addon for modules to make things easier

Other Information
I may have missed a few scripts in here/miscategorized some of them.
If you feel a script should be included (that is in the Scripts Database) then post it here, or if I put a script in the wrong category, please point it out.

I hope you find this guide useful :)

--NAMKCOR
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:01:07 PM by modern algebra »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
You had a lot of time on your hands I see.  :o

Good job, now maybe we can sticky it.

Then maybe people will actually look at it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it only took me about 10 min ;D

glad you find it useful, and mods, tx for the sticky

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
From the first post
I realize there is already one in the Database, but it dosen't offer descriptions of the scripts, and is most likely not going to be seen by members who don't even look in the database themselves to see if the script they are looking for is there.  It's also out of date and has lots of Blizzard's recently deleted scripts in it

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
 :)
I missed that.
sorry.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
don't worry about it.

of course, that kind of response is why I thought this through before posting it.
at least now, noone else should try to point that out.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Well done.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You have done a great job with NAMKCOR. Many thanks for that. Stuff like this does not go unnoticed
I suggest that you use spoilers to make it easier for people to browse what they want ^_^

You could also work on scripts that didn't get into the database. You know, a Scripts Database section and a Scripts section.
I know there is a lot of work in. It will help a lot of people I am sure.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Thank God we have this in the regular scripts area. XD The newbs (not n00bs) just overlook the whole database and request so quickly. XP Nice job. ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
You have done a great job with NAMKCOR. Many thanks for that. Stuff like this does not go unnoticed
I suggest that you use spoilers to make it easier for people to browse what they want ^_^

You could also work on scripts that didn't get into the database. You know, a Scripts Database section and a Scripts section.
I know there is a lot of work in. It will help a lot of people I am sure.

I'll edit it when I have a bit more time, but thanks for the compliment

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
updates with modern's Suikoden Dueling System v0.9 under battle-other
update 2 today: modern's skills options under system
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:50:49 PM by NAMKCOR »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
update: added Walking Speed based on Steps by Kathis, and Catalogue Script v1.2 by Modern Algebra
edit: and Black Shadow's Status
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:11:48 AM by NAMKCOR »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
added Falcon's Bullet Reload System 1.0

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Added Zeriab's Anti lag, and modern's sound emission
and I just noticed, ty whoever switched over blizzard's scripts from the database link to the chaosproject link ^_^

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
added ma's useful scriptlets

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yay! :P

Just posting to say that useful scriptlets was just a renaming of the Change Leader and Common Event Game Over topic that was there before. I looked through and didn't see them so I guess you didn't get fooled by my ninja renaming skills, but I figured I'd mention it just in case. Also, Fog of War script is by Wachunga, not Sir VaIlhoR.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks, I'll fix that

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
bump for 2 of my scripts
Death Watch v1.05
ERS v1.00

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
bump for Leon's Castlevania DS craft system

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
bump for MA's skill effects, Zeriab's module addon, and Leon's party changer

btw, if I ever miss a script, someone PM me ok?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
without this sticky i would not have a better status screen. thank you  ;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks, glad to know someone is looking at it

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
updated with a bunch of scripts

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ALRIGHT here's the deal
I've been gone for a -long- time

so

if your script isnt in this listing, it's because I don't know it's in the database, and I hvae no way of knowing which ones I missed or not

so

if you submitted a script and it's not here, or you submit one in the future, please send me a personal message with a link ot the script and I will add it