RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Myriad Eye - The Quest For Peace

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I've been kicking around the idea for a while, so here I go.

The game is called Myriad Eye.

The year is 2147... the Earth is riddled with the fumes of war.

Grown men go off to fight for the rights of their country... and some never come back.

Meanwhile, in the cities of America, money runs short. People resort to becoming criminals and/or whores, and businessmen turn to corruption.

Why are the societies of the world falling apart?

It is the fault of the Myriad Eye, the precious gem made by the Ancient Egyptians five millenia ago. However, it was buried, and no man knows of the reasons to this day. The only one thing known of the Eye is that it will give hegemonic power to the man who finds it. Many peacekeepers have searched to find it, and none have prevailed. Without peacekeepers, the world cannot hold itself together.

You are a bright-minded teenager who lives on the outskirts of Syracuse, New York. Your city has been labeled one of the last safe places on Earth, and since then your apartment building has been flooded by potentially new residents. You already have four boarders in your own apartment, and they're taking up all the good food in the house.

You have some pretty good ideas for a new world. Better than those dipwad adults who always think they're right by telling you to clean your room and go to bed early on Saturday. So you pack your bags, kiss your mom, and take along a few of your friends to go on the quest for the Eye.

But there's a slight problem.

On the plane to Cairo, it suddenly turns from a beautiful day to storms. A flash of lightning hits the cockpit, malfunctioning the plane and sending you and your friends spiraling downward into the Atlantic Ocean!

When you come to, you're washed up on the beaches of the coast of Ireland. You have no money, no belongings, and none of your friends are with you, if they even survived.

You'd think you would lose all hope... but then you know that the Eye is waiting for you. You CAN do this. The world is counting on you now.

So you take the plunge...

Characters

You, a.k.a Will
The main protagonist of the game. He is a kid who feels the need to "beat the system" and show adults that a fresh new start is in order.

Monica Marrows
She was seven when war hit her side of the U.S. Now, she lives in France and hides in fear from the National Guard.

Lexi Nolan
The youngest character of the main party, she was already a Southern gal when her family was exiled from Texas because of suspected alliance with the Mexicans. She is found living in Spain, where everything seems to be excellente...

Sam Jacobson
Sam had just begun high school when Army officials made a clear genocide of almost everyone in Washington, D.C. He fled, and knocked out a general flying a helicopter. He flew straight to Germany, where he now resides alone. He wishes, in some way, to avenge his parents...

So this is basically a Eurotrip game... until you get to Israel, and Egypt, and such and such... and the monsters are usually (usually!) going to be humans and guards and mean people... and there may be some inklings of "Maverick" machines... if you know what I mean.

Please, read and review this story, and tell me if it's a good plan to follow before I do anything drastic!

Rep:
Level 90
Wow, sounds brilliant, u should post it on my forum, anyways, will we be expecting screenies?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
As soon as I get some stuff done, I'll have some. Expect some by later this week.