RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Forums

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
RMRK Annoucments and Archives
--Announcements
--RMRK Discussion Archives

RMRK Game Maker
--Game Maker
--Game Maker Projects/Games

RMRK RPG Maker
--RMRK Advanced (if privelages)

--RPG Maker 2000, 2003, & XP Discussion
----Troubleshooting
----Reviews

--Resources
----Resources Database

--Scripts
----Scripts Database

--Tutorials and event systems
----Tutorial Database

--RPG Maker Projects/Games
----Team/Tester Recruitment
----New Projects

RMRK General
--Community
----Welcome

--RMRK Trading (if privelages)

--Extra Access (if privelages)

--General Chat

--Intelligent Debate

--Forum Games

--Entertainment

--Creativity Outlet

--Video Games

--Computing

--Poster Board

--Spam

ITT, we edit / alter this with suggestions. You could add categories, forums, subforums =o For example maybe splitting the Computing forum up into a  technology discussion forum and a help/troubleshooting/support forum, that's in a new category that also has the video game forum. Or adding a new forum entirely, say, for anime.

GO

Spoiler for why is anonymous / anne forum etc missing?:
They're not what you'd consider permanent forums at RMRK. They're like temporary novelty ones that won't always be around =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Oh please, no anime section. Let people get that somewhere else.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Ohhhh! Good idea. I nominate an anime section.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
--RPG Maker 2000, 2003, & XP Discussion
----Reviews

--Resource requests
----Resources Database

--Scripts request and help
----Scripts Database

--RPG Maker Help section
----Troubleshooting (software problems)
----Tutorial Database (where finished tutorials are moved)
  -----Mapping tutorials
  -----Event tutorials
(the normal tut's will stay in the main section of tutorial database then the ones that fit it's sub categories are moved)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
How about a Roll Playing Board? Those are always tons of fun. You can register your characters and create areas to roll play in. That would be tons of entertainment when the forums are at their slow hours.

Edit; And I third the anime section, even though I'm not really into it.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
How about a Roll Playing Board? Those are always tons of fun. You can register your characters and create areas to roll play in. That would be tons of entertainment when the forums are at their slow hours.

Anime sections is needed !
Hentai section is needed !

Okay ill agree WE NEED ROLEPAYING
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 06:01:57 PM by Snailer »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I think it might be a good idea to make ID and (possibly) Forum Games sub-forums of General Chat, and Video Games a sub-forum of Entertainment, since they have similar themes. Or maybe make ID a sub-forum of Spam :P

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'll never enter the anime forum if you get one, but I'm not opposed to it. I am, however, opposed to the idea of a hentai forum. That's just getting stupid.

No comment on the role playing, because I'll never be in that one either.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Meh, I don't think that an anime forum or a role-playing forum is really necessary. We already have entertainment and forum games, and I think that topics on either subject are not plentiful enough to warrant separate boards, but meh... do as you wish.

And Falcon suggested this in the Feedback topic. I thought it was a good idea.

How about dividing the script forums in to four sections:

Script [The general script forum] (Smaller, simpler scripts should remain here)
Script Requests [under scripts] ('nuff said)
Script Database [under scripts] (Well made or useful scripts moved here)
Script Help [under scripts] (Should anyone get a script error or need help with RGSS, it should go here)

I think it would be better instead of script help, requests, and some ignored scripts in one forum.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:16:52 PM by modern algebra »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thats overdoing it, I'd wish scripts main was scripts help.

Rep:
Level 97
Maybe you could merge Scripts Help and Scripts, but I still think that Script Requests should have it's own subforums. It's hard enough on our few scripters to make the damn things. It'd be nice at least to make it so that they don't have to sift through tons of other posts. Plus, with a separate forum, people will be more likely to read the sticky regarding the proper way to submit a script request.

Rep:
Level 96

Second it. Only two people really want it right now as far as I can tell.

I personally think the Entertainment section is good enough for Anime.

One thing I would suggest: In CO, make a section dedicated to music and music composition. There are enough of us here that are into that that it would get some pretty good use. Plus, with programs like tabit, it's not hard to find another tabiter and get into music yourself.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I think a music forum would be cool, a place for composers to post tutorials and whatnot should be great.

Why Scripts should be completed scripts only (or script database should be open for posts):
The mods aren't perfect, and completed scripts shouldn't be left to waste with help and script requests. Scripts take a couple hours to make, and I hate to see my work waste so no one can see it.

Why we need a script request and a script help section.
This is pure organization really, it's confusing to see both of these in one forum. The script forum was organized poorly, before Nouman became a mod most scripts were left to waste in the script forum along with RGSS errors and script requests.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
One thing I would suggest: In CO, make a section dedicated to music and music composition. There are enough of us here that are into that that it would get some pretty good use. Plus, with programs like tabit, it's not hard to find another tabiter and get into music yourself.

I'm all for this. I could write a few tutorials too.

Rep:
Level 96
So you guys know, it happened. :D

Silverline: To quote The Scorpions: "You rock...me...like a hurricane."

Rep:
Level 97
We moved all those pages pretty quickly.  :o

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, it was MADNESS.

They even let me help.

You don't even KNOW what I could have done to you kids.

Rep:
Level 88
We moved all those pages pretty quickly.  :o

That was a great idea Arrow. Now I can turn notifications off on CO and on for The Auditorium.

Spoiler for @Halo, not an attack surprisingly:
I'm surprised you didn't exclude me in the move Halo considering you only got rid of me in the Wiki originally (when Blizzard is a FLer too). But whatever. =]

And I suppose tutorials for FL are pointless when no one else uses FL here? lol
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:03:38 PM by ataraxy2 »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm liking the new setup, but it's making the forum index ridiculously long. :o

Rep:
Level 96
Idea: Thread booting.

Only place it would really be needed is ID to be honest. If someone is wrecking your thread, and not contributing at all, the person who started the thread can remove them, and optionally, all of their posts from the thread.

Dunno if this is realistic though...

Rep:
Level 97
I'm liking the new setup, but it's making the forum index ridiculously long. :o

I think my initial idea might help with that:

I think it might be a good idea to make ID and (possibly) Forum Games sub-forums of General Chat, and Video Games a sub-forum of Entertainment, since they have similar themes. Or maybe make ID a sub-forum of Spam :P

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Not necessarily a new forum, but you should make a RMRK member of the month section. Each month make a little blurb about someone's contributions and link to some of their best posts and such.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
nominations and votes each month? I like the idea.

Rep:
Level 88
Not necessarily a new forum, but you should make a RMRK member of the month section. Each month make a little blurb about someone's contributions and link to some of their best posts and such.

That sounds nice and productive. =] I'd say some of the best posts are actually in here already.