RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The land of all 4 seasons! *working title*

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
The Land Of All 4 Seasons *working title

The Story Line:

My first game will be about collecting and exploring, The aim of the game is to complete the quests, The quests will consist of collecting fruit, vegetables and berries which the town people need for their shops, family and needs. You *the character* are an expert at finding rare things which is why everybody wants YOU!

What makes this game special?

Well it is called "The Land Of All 4 Seasons" for a reason. There are 5 different lands *map below*. There is a normal land, a Summer Land, a Winter Land, a Spring Land and an Autumn Land. Each land has something special to it, from Frost Berries to Super Sweet Summer Strawberries. Also if you get bored of Summer just pop next door into Spring or maybe Autumn. Its completely up to you and each season has new people to meet and new quests to do!

THE MOST BASIC OF ALL MAPS EVER: *made this in paint and it is only a first sketch + i know it is low quality*

Spoiler for:

Key:
Large Black circle- town/village
brown square- crop field *basic fruit and vege are found here*
red dot- natural fruit/berry/vegetable
purple dot - rare/special fruit/berry/vegetable
black line- borders
gray line- road
gray land in south east corner- this is going to be called "The Wastes", a special area which i will develope.

Fruit/berry/vegetable list *will be added to with PICTURES!!!* :
Spoiler for:

Green apple
Red apple
Golden apple
Pear
Banana
Apricot
Red Cherry
Crimson Cherry
Plum
Peach
Giant Peach
Melon
Watermelon
Ice melon
Kiwifruit
Dragon fruit
Grape Fruit
Lemon
Lime
Sour Lime
Orange
Blackberry
Raspberry
Strawberry
Super sweet summer strawberry
Black Strawberry
Blueberry
Green berry
Blackberry
White berry
Bronze berry
Cranberry
Gooseberry
Grape
Water grape
Poison berry
Frost Berry
Fish berry
Olive
Spring Olive
Fig
Cabbage
Lettuce
Cauliflower
Cucumber
Sweet corn
Sour Corn
Tomato
Garlic
Vampire Garlic
Onion
Weeping Onion
Spring Onion
Potato
Spring potato

I would love to hear; ideas, support, constructive Criticism, help.

I am not a fan of people who say "it'll never work" before I even get the chance to start, however constructive criticism I am a fan of so please post your thoughts.

Charlie

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:19:47 PM by supercharlieb »

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Sounds like a different idea, wich is good, because it's pretty normal that everyone makes a standard RPG game as their first game.

I like the concept. Can't wait for more screenshtos.

Sounds like a different idea, wich is good, because it's pretty normal that everyone makes a standard RPG game as their first game.

I like the concept. Can't wait for more screenshtos.

thank you, I didn't want a "standard rpg game" because that would involve a tedious battle system which for a beginner would probably be too much. I jsut want it to be simple and fun and most of all FLEXIBLE. I will be writing a item list soon, just running through plans etc.. and getting feed back from friends to see if they have any ideas...

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
That map-outline reminds me of Runescape a few years back. ;D

Rep:
Level 87
lol, im never played runescape but ive seen the maps and i agree ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:12:10 PM by Deuresco »

I Am thinking about a reward system... but I can't think of any rewards.... can anyone suggest any ideas about rewards for completeing quests?

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
 :-\  Maybe... you could get money as a reward... and you save up for different 'addons' like... say... a minimap, or normal map that goes in your inventory and you can view it from there... loads of random crap like that :D Not sure if it'll be possible to buy a minimap but it's worth a try

And you complete the game when you buy the most expensive item in the game :-\

Anyways I like the idea... it looks promising :D Good luck with it :D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

I like the map idea!

I have afew other ideas, like;

Is it possible to have like a basic magic system, IE teleporting

and is it possible to have a reward like "Running Shoes" which make the player run faster?

Any more ideas would be great... ;D

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
Well...thee are dash scripts o.O

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
You could make separate items that teach different skills as common events*... then those skills work with common events to teleport you to different locations**

Code: [Select]
Change Skills: [Name Of Main Character], + [Name of Skill]

Code: [Select]
Teleport: [Name of map], (x, y)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
This sounds good. I'm looking forward to it.

added more INFO regarding items

I just want to ask a couple of questions which i think more experienced rmxp users would know...

For a first game is this simple enough? I ain't putting any battle systems into it... I just want to hear you opinion...

Does this game appear fun from what you have seen now?

ALso most important..

How many fruits pictures does the RTP have? could you please make a list of what fruits are available on the RTP? cheers  :-*

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
1) Seems simple enough yeah :) you'll probably need a few scripts for it but so does every good game :P

2) Yeah! Can't wait 'til you get a demo out :P

3) The RTP package only comes with an apple :D I think the icon shop might have some more but if not then you could always request them :P
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
it seems pretty fun to me. maybe you could make like missions for ppl ie: get x amount of apples in x amount of time and ill give you a reward.

just an idea

Rep:
Level 87
FFVII and LoD are the Kings of RPG's!
This sounds like it'll be a good game. I look forward to a demo.
I made my first good cut scene on May,9/07!

...Diamond Doorknob...

Rep:
Level 87
i agree with riku, cant wait for a demo

it seems pretty fun to me. maybe you could make like missions for ppl ie: get x amount of apples in x amount of time and ill give you a reward.

just an idea

O don't worry, there will be those...

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Oh crap, i'e just realised that my mate only has paint, so i wont be making anything unti l im back and running
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 01:33:51 AM by Morris Lawry »
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.