RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Need Help With Inn

Rep:
Level 87
I Got The Inn Keeper And Everthing But I Dont Know What To Do On The Event Part for The Inn Keeper
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:50:28 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Do you want to set up an inn? You know, where the player talk to the innkeeper and sleep and stuff?
Here  is how you do it.

In innkeeper inn event, set the trigger to action key. Then in the event editor do this:
<>message: Do you want to stay here? It only costs 50 Gold?
<>Show choices: Yes, no                                   (asking if the player wants to stay in the inn)
:    Yes handler
<>message: You do?
<>Conditional Branch: Money 50 or more           (To check if the player has 50 or more gold)
<>message: Thanks!                                         (What happens if the player has 50 or more gold)
<>Change money: -50                                      (For decreasing the player's money)
<>Tint Screen: (-255,-255,-255,0), @20           (This is for tinting the screen black)
<>Play ME: 'Insert song name here',100 ,100   (This is for playing the song when you sleep)
<>Wait: 40 Frames
<>Tint Screen: (0,0,0,0), @20                             (For tinting the screen back to normal)
:      Else Handler
<>Message: You don't even have enough money!  (What happens when the player have less than 50 gold)
:      End

Well that's about it. Note, you can erase the Play Me thing if you don't want to  play a song.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Rep:
Level 88
Hello.
How can I make an Inn with beds?
I mean, when I pay the tax, I can use the bed and whe I dont pay the tax nothing will happen - Only a message will display.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, you put the conditional branch on for the money and then instead of going straight to the healing, you turn on a switch. Then the event in the bed is pre-conditioned with a switch so that it asks if you want to sleep and when you do, you turn off the switch so you need to pay again. Make sure to make a second page in the event guy that sells you the bed so you don't waste money.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, you put the conditional branch on for the money and then instead of going straight to the healing, you turn on a switch. Then the event in the bed is pre-conditioned with a switch so that it asks if you want to sleep and when you do, you turn off the switch so you need to pay again. Make sure to make a second page in the event guy that sells you the bed so you don't waste money.
Can u please post screenies?
THANX
EDIT : I have figured it out,thank you.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 06:27:43 PM by patmi »