RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can money buy happiness?

Poll

Can Money Buy Happiness?

Yes
7 (28%)
No
11 (44%)
Three bags full
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
What are your thoughts, do you think money can buy happiness?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No. People will like you for the wrong reason and all the luxuries in life, you will have. If you have lots of luxuries, they become ordinary things and soon you will want beyond those, which is impossible.

Rep:
Level 88
No. It can't. I have been dirt poor once, but I still had some happiness. If you ask me, money will just make you feel worse. I think that the people around you are what brings true happiness.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
ALL LIES. LIES AND SLANDER.

A lot of monies brings the REAL kind of happiness T_T

Rep:
Level 88
ALL LIES. LIES AND SLANDER.

A lot of monies brings the REAL kind of happiness T_T
And what is this real kind of happiness? :bean:
(You cannot lie to the bean...)

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Money cannot buy you happiness.
Money can buy you thing that make you happy but thats not buying actual happiness itself isit?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
What AD said, thats what I think.  Money can't buy happiness, as it is just an idea of well being, and not tangeable.  Money can buy plenty of things that make you happy though.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Most people seem to be saying that Money Can't buy Happiness. Well, I am doing debate at school for this and I hope I don't get wasted.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
What AD said, thats what I think.  Money can't buy happiness, as it is just an idea of well being, and not tangeable.  Money can buy plenty of things that make you happy though.

if you keep getting the things you want, what else is there to want? money can buy material, but not happiness, or pleasure from relationships (disregarding prostitutes, dancers, strippers, bitches[your hoe who stays by you for life])

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I'd say yes. I'm a really greedy person and I want all your money  ;8

Seriously though, I'd say it depends though because money bought me happiness on the internet and also it bought me happiness in the real life but if I had nobody to share it with then...meh

~Winged

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
So like, any person here downing money actually have any ?_? Just curious.

Rep:
Level 89
Well if you had a load of great friends and THEN became rich then yeah money could buy you more happiness, because you could get everything you need, then everything you want.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
YES money can buy happiness. geeze love? I can pay a hooker to live at me house.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Well if you had a load of great friends and THEN became rich then yeah money could buy you more happiness, because you could get everything you need, then everything you want.
Yeah, but if you became rich you would realize just how many "friends" you had. you may also find that you have some "long lost relatives".
So like, any person here downing money actually have any ?_? Just curious.
No, I don't have much, but I'm still happy.

Shoot, I just realized I'm fighting a losing battle... Oh well, I'll go out in a blaze of glory!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yes and no both.

See, if you really want some game, or some item and you have the money then you can buy it and get happy.
But if one of your relatives dies or something, you can't pay to get him/her back so then money is useless.

Money can't do everything, it's the situation.
Arlen is hot.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
It depends on who you are and how much of a quibbler you are I guess.
Some get joy and happiness from the sheer act of buying. Something which is quite hard without money.
The Money can't buy love/happiness thing keeps the poor content. Content people are easier suppress and keep under control than rebellious people.

I agree with the Money isn't everything, but it sure is damn nice to have anyway. And more importantly is what you can get others to do for you with them >:3

The <3 of RMRK
Rep:
Level 87
Oh wait, do I have to be non-happy already? Cuz I'm pretty sure I've got the happy bit down~

It would be nice[er] to travel because it's just something I've always wanted to do.  I can't see having money making me sad, srsly~

Rep:
Level 88
Er... I've come to a conclusion... Money can't buy happiness. But it can rent it for a while.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
No, it can be permanent too!
BY THE GAY
The Money can't buy love thing keeps the poor content.

I think you have a lot to learn about the New World, Alien
Arlen is hot.

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
So one of the lifelong questions could be answered in this poll. Personally I think it can because without money you would possibly be living on the streets with no form of entertainment but with money you get entertainment and other things

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
There is already a topic about this.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16198.0.html

Please do not make a duplicate.
Sig by MacGravel

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
There is. Where?

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
Zeriab is no alien. thats Abe from Abes Oddesy (I think)

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think money can buy pretty much every thing... Yep actually it can buy you every thing !!!

I would rather have money than not have money... I know I am happier with than with out !!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee