RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can money buy happiness?

Poll

Can Money Buy Happiness?

Yes
7 (28%)
No
11 (44%)
Three bags full
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Seems like people think money can't buy happiness more.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:05:20 PM by bulls84 »

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
Thanks but I'll leave this thread up for a bit longer and hopefully come up with a majority vote or have you already put a conclusion in your thread.

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, I think it has. Even though I fought it to the end.

No one knows what I mean...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Topics merged. ~
:tinysmile:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
There are many ways to happiness.
The ways depends on the individual and money can be one of them.

You can perfectly be happy without money  ::)

@Nightwolf:
Yeah, you are correct. I shouldn't have said it as an absolute.
It helps, but is usually not enough alone.

Rep:
Level 87
Ontamarama FTW! :D
money can't buy happiness unless you use it to make some one you care about to share it with, so making them happy makes you happy, but if there's no one to share it with, well..what's the point of money then, and also if you think money can buy happiness, there is another reason if can't because you'll buy something and then you'll be happy but you'll want more and more until you run out of money and then you'll be sad again and als zeriab is right, you can be happy with out money, because the best things in life are free  ;D

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
If you have no money you can't pay your bills, if you can't pay your bills, you loose your house, if you loose your house then your a tramp...

I don't know any happy tramps ?

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 87
It's actually rare but I once saw a happy tramp lying around at a bus stop, except he had a ipod with him , anyway I guess that's one flaw to what I said unless your on wellfare, if you got fired from your job.

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
money can buy happiness but only if you earned it. if i get something for free i'll be like sweet this is pretty good but if i feel that i earned it i will enjoy it much more
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I have once bought some happiness with some money ^_^
Therefore money can buy you happiness.

It didn't last that long, but it still was happiness, no doubt.

Rep:
Level 87
so really money can't buy happiness but instead only rent it...but when you run out well...you'll be sad won't you...

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
God, seriously, I guarantee if anyone of you had any kind of real money you wouldn't be judging so quick. How can you say when you haven't had real wealth..?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Come on. EVERYONE's happy with some loose change in their pocket. I'm not talking about millions, but a small amount of money can make you happy if you buy something you like.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 87
God, seriously, I guarantee if anyone of you had any kind of real money you wouldn't be judging so quick. How can you say when you haven't had real wealth..?

because i know that any time i get alot of what i want i will be happier for a time but then afterwards i will become more misrable than i originally was

caramelldansen forever!

Rep:
Level 87

because i know that any time i get alot of what i want i will be happier for a time but then afterwards i will become more misrable than i originally was
exactly :)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

That's terrible. Go see a psychiatrist.

Nice typing btw. ;D

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!

Sounds like drugs...

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
Personally, I could care less how much money I have (although I admit this may change after I move out).
I firmly believe that money and greed are the roots of all evils and find myself disgusted by those around me who let their greed overcome their morals.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Money = DS = Happy.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Money IS happiness.

Rep:
Level 87
i disagree. no matter how much money you have if you never use it, it can never make you happy

caramelldansen forever!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Who wouldn't use money? But I guess I get your point.
Spoiler for:
Look at what money did to ***** ******

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Money buys me Skittles and Skittles make me happy, so in a way yes!
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Money can get you whatever physical thing you desire. Happiness, however, can only come from oneself.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hmmm....define happiness?

Money can get you whatever physical thing you desire. Happiness, however, can only come from oneself.

Ditto