RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
the selection in this version for stuff to place on the map is 1. smaller and 2. everything is bigger taking up more space and making the selection even smaller
is there something im missing? because this doesnt allow me to make a world map and there are no pre-made things its all sorta build it yourself stuff the layers dont work the same as in the older versions and i have a more limited selection of things to use for trigger pics so i am thinking there must be something im missing about it here otherwise its a downgrade from the other versions allow me to do LESS not more
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no world map included in tileset =[
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
wow... well eaither your really lazy or you like things to be pre-made witch is ok i guess but you do realize that there are other resources out there that are already made by other people all you have to do is impot them and ta da congrats you now have a new resource to use and last time i cheacked there was a world map that was made for RMXP its somewhere in the resources department of this fourm somewhere all you have to do is a little seaching around and the reason its called better is it gives you more freedom by being able to add different scripts to make your game playing a little more unique insead of sticking to pre made battle systems or message displays...
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 87
lol there is still a smaller selection of things i can add the way your saying i would need to make a seperate event for each addition to the one page of selection as opposed to Rm2k3 which has 2

like i said i must have missed something or this version was made poorly making a seperate event for each square not to mention finding what i want on the list for each differant thing would be a major pain in the ass

caramelldansen forever!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Your post is barely comprehensible, but, you can have up to 99 pages in any event, there are 3 layers for maps instead of 2, you can use scripts, graphics are better, event graphics can be any size... There are very few features lost from previous RMs, and they can all be restored through scripts. Scripts alone are a huge positive difference.

And, you need to find what you want on the event command list no matter what version you are using.

Rep:
Level 87
right and how would i get those multiple pages? (yes i know im a total noob dont bother saying it)

caramelldansen forever!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
right and how would i get those multiple pages? (yes i know im a total noob dont bother saying it)

Put down an event double click the event to bring up the event window and then click new page... You can then get it so certain pages start working on certian switch conditions, meaning one single event could have multiple switches that trigger Multiple different out comes... Events in RPG maker XP can be massive...

You can almost get and desired effect using events rather than scripts for most things.

Here is the link to the world tile set available for RPG Maker XP... It's fairly large and pretty good, I may add it to the addon pack I am constructing:- http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,202.0.html

Your in the right place for help, this forum is a good place to learn, you should check out Nouman's / and others Tutorials you will learn loads on layers from that and how best to use them:- http://rmrk.net/index.php/board,50.0.html

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows