RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Shimikomu - 2d Stealth Action

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

"Gone are the days of champions
gone the time of heroes
heroes today are those that survive
those that succeed where others fail
those that profit where others are penniless
those who fear not taking what they deserve"
-- thieve's credo

Premise:
Shimikomu translated means 'infiltration' (If I'm wrong, someone -please- correct me, so I can fix this xD)
This will be a new type of ABS, one that is streamlined for a non-combat/infiltration approach.  Your main goal isn't going to be to kill everyone in sight.  In fact, if you try to, you will often find yourself sorely outmatched, outclassed, and outnumbered.  Get in, steal what you have to steal, and get out before you are noticed.  That is your goal.

Features:
  • Heavily Modified BlizzABS, streamlined for a stealth approach
  • Enemies that are as smart as you are! (BlizzABS Advanced AI)
  • CCOA's UMS
  • Custom 1 man CMS by NAMKCOR
  • Quick Equipment Switch Plugin by NAMKCOR
  • Food System by NAMKCOR
  • Classic Ninja-esque weaponry
  • Highly interactive environments
  • Simple Slim-HUD
  • A full .pdf manual will be released with the game

Characters:

Name: Odoro
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150lbs
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Red

Contracted by a mysterious agency, Odoro is sent to infiltrate a rather well guarded castle, in order to steal a few choice items.  What lies in store for the mercinary thief is yet to be seen..

Name: Makki
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 136lbs
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue

Makki is in it for the money, not the justice.  She couldn't care less if criminals ran rampant; more cash in her pocket when she killed and/or captured them.  Her next target?  The biggest bounty of them all; the king of the thieves

Name: Kaiten
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 166lbs
Hair Color: Gray

Kaiten is the founding member, and captain, of the 'Prize Hunters.'  He is an easy going guy unless he's on a raid, in which case he becomes intensely focused on the task at hand, often not letting anything keep him from his goal, traps, guards, or otherwise.

Name: Scarlet
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145lbs
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Purple

Scarlet is the vice captain of the 'Prize Hunters.'  With a temper and attitude as fierey as her hair color, she is both respected and highly feared by her peers.  She is easily the most agile of the group, often the one to run a gauntlet of traps and emerge unscathed.

Name: Garett
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 162lbs
Hair Color: Gray

Garett is a new recruit to the 'Prize Hunters.'  He's easily one of the strongest, and is most often the one seen taking down the guards.  He's a blunt and straightforward guy, speaking his mind regardless of who's around to hear him.

Prize Hunters: They are a small group of thieves that steal things for the adrenaline rush, selling whatever they have to the highest bidder.  They tend to work independently, preferring the pure sport over official contracts.

Media:
screenies subject to change
Spoiler for Screenies:

Spoiler for Demo:
TBA

Progress:
Story: 15%
Database: 10%
Eventing: ??%
Scripting: ~100%
Mapping: ??%
Resource Gathering: ??%
Alpha Testing: 50%
Beta Testing: 0%
Projected Release Date: TBA

Spoiler for Support Userbars (just because they're everywhere):

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26448.0.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/OdoroUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26448.0.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/MakkiUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26448.0.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/KaitenUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26448.0.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/ScarletUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26448.0.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/GarettUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:37:42 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Sounds cool.
Is it like Assassin's Creed in RMXP?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
You had enough time to post this topic? I should give you more work to do.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You had enough time to post this topic? I should give you more work to do.

I posted it while I was actively discussing stuff with you last night.  You couldn't tell I was multitasking could you =x

Sounds cool.
Is it like Assassin's Creed in RMXP?

Less like Assassin's Creed and more like Splinter Cell

:ninjabump for character update:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I dunno why but, why do I see more & more characters appear everytime I click this topic? @___@

Less like Assassin's Creed and more like Splinter Cell

This caught my extra attention suddently. =>

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
hehe, cuz I'm updating the topic with stuff as I find it.
The Characters list is finished and the next thing I'll be adding is a demo (hopefully soon)

:ninjabump:
whipped up some simple support bars just cuz they're oh so popular nowadays :P

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
looks interesting namkcor

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Can't say much without having a story to read.

The maps look way too empty, square, and symmetrical. I can see that you tried, but they could use a lot of improvement. =x

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks for the advice Irock I'll work on it :V

as for story, the story is simple, you're going to be stealing artifacts.
I'm not giving away what happens during hte game, that would be something you'd do

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
:V Irock couldn't have said it better.

Supporting this*

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks Caro! ^-^
2nd Round Alpha testing has begun

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You have my moral support, as that's all I got. D:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
lol, thanks Strike, I appreciate it :)
Hopefully a full demo will be released in the near future, although the alpha needs to be finished first so I can get a good read on what I'm working with.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I don't see why you're being sarcastic. Your mapping needs work, but I suppose if you want shitty mapping, that's your choice.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
In one thing I have to say, the 2nd screen has some error, one in the Waterfall & the other the cliff sorta got black, while it's still clear, sorta, looks bad for some reason . . . >___>;;

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
In one thing I have to say, the 2nd screen has some error, one in the Waterfall & the other the cliff sorta got black, while it's still clear, sorta, looks bad for some reason . . . >___>;;

yeah, I have fixed that actually Caro, I'm just too lazy to post a new screenie for now :P

I don't see why you're being sarcastic. Your mapping needs work, but I suppose if you want shitty mapping, that's your choice.
The maps look way too empty, square, and symmetrical. I can see that you tried, but they could use a lot of improvement. =x

alright, all mighty mapping god Irock, please, tell me exactly how my maps are too empty, square, and symmetrical.

The only reason the second map doesn't have trees everywhere is cuz I want to EMPHASIZE the jump. It's part of a tutorial in which people learn the distance they can jump while running, as well as how to perform a running jump.  I want the gap to be VERY clear and VERY easy to distinguish.  if I felt like hiding it with trees, I would have.

Rep:
Level 102

Maybe something more like that?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I put more work into it, although I cant relaly put that much curve to the map at this point, it looks a great deal better.

:ninjabump for better screenies:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This looks super awesome, I really want this...  ;9

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
Hey looks good keep it going :D

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:09:28 PM by Yukimora »
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks, I'm getting the stealth formula ironed out before I release a demo or anything of the sort.  Glad that there's a bit of support here, and I hope to have something playable sometime in the early summer

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I support teee, even though I don't post here enough.  :pw: goood luuuuck.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
tyvm ruzu  :pw:

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Lol, I like the sprites, and their names!
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This project looks nice NAM, good luck.