RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Ender's Law

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Project: The Ender's Law
Completion:

Story: 100%
Maps: 6%
Events: 3%
Play Time: Approx. 30 Minutes
Database: 45%

Plot Outline:

Dynielle Seralaw, Third in Line to the Crimson Throne, has been, by the law of the Crimson Isles, trained since she was old enough to walk to fight against the enemies of the Empire.
However, when the enemy comes from within, in the form of a religious sect known as 'The Church of Ender', Dynielle finds herself plummeted beyond the Great Reef, to the continent of Cephelais, from which there had been no contact for nearly two thousand years. Seeking out only a name, she must scour the continent, from the coastal nation of Tannis, The Pride of Cephelais and home to the Magus and the Magii, The Male and Female Societies of the Calling, all the way to the Hundred Nations of Tallanar and to the secret held deep within the Roklands.
She soon finds that the Ender's web of influence spreads its hungry tendrils even farther than her own Island Nations. But when it is learned that Dynielle's arrival has sparked a highly guarded prophecy, the Magus and the Magii start to interfere.
A world of many nations and Cultures, and a guarded history so deep that it threatens the very fabric of reality, The Ender's Law is a coming Epic...

Screenshots:

Notes:

Okay, it seems there are issues with RMXP now that I've got internet installed... Not sure if it warrants worry on whether or not I've lost my project, but as soon as I get it cleared up, I'll post some screenshots.

Any questions will be answered to the best of my ability. :P

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
1. Mapping needs some work.
2. Why is that guy purple?
3. Sounds cool, good luck.

Quote from: GilgameshRO
1. Mapping needs some work.

Yeah. I readily admit my map-building skills suck. It's more impatience than anything else. It's just so... tedious. :P

My true skill lies in story planning. I've got the story behind the game penned out in loose, general description format and it takes up 68 pages in my notebook. Mind you, I've also been working on it for years. The story, that is. The game I only started a couple of months back.

2. Why is that guy purple?

I was without internet access for a loooong time. More importantly, I was without internet when I started making this game. I literally just got it installed yesterday, therefore I was limited on my characters since my sprite editing skills just suck.

3. Sounds cool, good luck.

Thanks!

Characters:

Dynielle Seralaw
Birthplace: The Crimson Isles, Nation of Onnis
Background: The single daughter of Byrus and Carii of House Seralaw, Niece to King Geoframm and Cousin to Princess Nadia. After the death of her Uncle, Dynielle and her Father begin to gather evidence of outside influences affecting the newly ordained Queen Nadia, Light of the Crimson Isles, in the form of the Church of the Holy Ender. Soon finding herself stripped of title and lands, seperated from her Father, she must seek out the one called Brynn Starsight, rumoured to have sailed across the Great Reef from the Legendary Continent, Cephelais.

Braxley Heggins
Birthplace: Sea Market, Beaton Province, Nation of Tannis
Background: Braxley was raised the humble son of an innkeeper and his wife. A student at Beaton Academy, he was tested to show that he has the ability to Channel a force known as The Calling, weilded only by men. It was Braxley's deep interest in history and lost knowledge that led to a chance encounter with an unconscious girl on the beaches of Daggerslain, to the West of Sea Market. Now stricken with the charge of guiding Dynielle, a girl who had only heard of his home in ancient stories, he must fight against what lies within him to bring her safely to her destination, and unlock the secrets of a lost book of prophecy written by the great Wisdom, Wendell Maer...

Nalya Rose
Birthplace: City-State of Hale, Nation of Halen, Daughter of the Rose House
Background: Heir to a powerful noble house in the nation of Halen, Nalya was discovered by the Sisters of the Citadel to possess the ability to Weave. Crossing over into the Nation of Tannis, on the way to the Citadel in the Tannisian Capital City, Bandaloon, she encounters two strange travellers, and finds herself entwined in both their lives, and the threads of prophecy, pulling at each of them...

Glossary of Terms

Bandaloon: The Capital City of the Nation of Tannis, Home to the Three Spires, The Citadel of the Thread, the Tower of Ages, and the Shell of Tannis...

Calling, the: The Male half of the Channelling ability. The Calling requires the 'unlocking' of certain mental blocks in order to unleash the true ability behind it within its users. For generations, the only method of unlocking abilities has come from the studying and mixing of potions. However, some potions can and do kill those who drink of them, yet the price for knowledge is often steep...

Channelling: Gifted persons are born with the ability to Channel. Mostly, the Brothers at the Tower of Ages and the Sisters of the Citadel of the Thread gather all those who are found with the ability inborn... However, it could be that against the Laws of Three, there exist smaller, less noticable communities of Channellers...

Church of the Holy Ender: The religious sect responsible for the death of King Geoframm of Onnis, the Crimson Isles, and those who pull the strings of the newly raised Queen Nadia. However seperated from the rest of the world, The Church seems to have threads tied to many of the nations around Cephelais and Onnis. How far their web spreads is as of yet unknown.

Citadel of the Thread: The home of the Sisters of the Thread, the Channelling Society responsible for the Female Population. Once an initiate has passed through the Assembly, and been accepted, she is raised to the status of Sister, and due to an ancient law, made to pledge fealty to the Laws of Three. Of late, however, many sisters have been questioning the true need for pledging to the Laws of Three, as it links them with the Tower of Ages,

Daggerslain: 'A region to the West of Sea Market, and the Northwesternmost point of the Nation of Tannis. Home to Beaton's Stand, a deep cavern thought to have been the location of legendary hero Beaton Rayne's assasination...

Fahrid: A Warrior Clan of the Hundred Nations, at the Forefront of the Lines, bordering the Roklands. The Fahrid have worked long and hard to have the honour of fighting the Renders at the Battlefront, but other Warrior Clans may have a surprise for the Fahrid...

Halen: A Nation to the South of Tannis, and home to the Rose House, the ruling Family... A rich Nation, Halen is filled with Lawgivers, an elite police society made to keep the peace...

Hundred Nations, The: A region bordering the Roklands. Easily the size of the Nation of Tannis, the Hundred Nations is a place of wearring factions, tribes and countries. It is said that within the Hundred Nations, borders are changed every day, a result of the endless warring between factions for the right to fight against the Renders hiding within the Roklands.

Gift of Five, The: Being born with five digits, including an opposable thumb.

Lawgivers: An elite police force based in Halen. The Lawgivers are relentless in their pursuit of criminals, often breaking laws themselves to bring them to justice. However, behind the scenes, corruption is rampant within the Lawgiver structure...

Laws of Three: The Three Laws binding the Brothers and Sisters of the Spires of Tannis. The laws state that nobody with the ability to channel shall attack in offense, but only in defense, That no word spoken shall be untrue, and that none may affect the course of Nations...

Mor'Leth: A region inhabited by the Mor'Gana, a race of usually peaceful half-men, half-beat creatures. Often intelligent, it happens often that offspring of the Mor'Gana will return to the animal Kingdom, unable to coexist with sentient beings. But it could be that the Offspring, have a society all their own.

Na'Gana: A people spoken of only in myth, and always in hushed tones. A race of half-man, half-reptile creations that have not been seen in five hundred years, since the days of the Gana March. Thought to be extinct, can it be that these dread creatures will once again March on the civilized world?

Offspring, The: Those born from the Mor'Gana, yet without the Gift of Five, often retreat into the Wilderness, away from Human and Mor'Gana influences.

Onnis: Also known as the Crimson Isles, Onnis has been cut off from the continent of Cephelais for two thousand years. Little to nothing is known of Onnis to Cephelainer, and Onnisians know next to northing of Cephelais...

Render: A six-limbed, insectoid being known for its brutality and agility. Stories tell of a single Render able to cut through a Legion of kings guards, due to its tough, slick exoskeletal armour which can deflact many sword blows. Warrior societies in the Hundred Nations each have their own methods of killing Renders...

Rose House, The: The Ruling House of Halen, run by King Jann, who is in love with his niece, Nalia Rose, freshly taken to the Citadel...

Sea Market: A marketplace town featuring the Beaton Academy, an institution of higher learning, and hometown of Braxley Heggins...

Shell of Tannis: The Palace of the Ruling Family and government of Tannis. Standing thirty stories high and in the shape of a crab's shell, the Shell looms over Tannis as a great monolith, dwarving both the Tower of Ages and Citadel of the Thread.

Tannis: The Nation of Power, the most powerful country in Cephelais
and home of the Three Spires, a Wonder of the modern world...

Tower of Ages, The: The home of the Brothers of the Calling, the most ancient magical society in existence. It is they who created the Three Laws, yet thier power has diminished over the ages... Struggling to gregain their power before they are snuffed out by the Sisters, they are locked within a cold war with the Citadel of the Thread...

Weave, the: The Female Channelling ability. Those able to Weave can actually see forces of power and auras within the air around them, and have trained themselves to bring those lines together in order to bring about the desired result. The Weaving is more useful than the calling in the way that no mental blocks have been known.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm no great mapper either, but I'll help you a little.

1. Don't make everything so symetrical. This goes for screenshot 3 in particular.

2. Add some carpets or something to the indoors. The floors in screenshot 2 just seem so... naked.  :?

3. The screen of the cave actually isn't so bad. At least you made the walls a different shape than just square, so good job there.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 90
Ok i am a decent mapper and I have one tip for you since you think it is tedious. Get something good to eat, stretch or whatever. Then when you make the map listen to some good music or listen to the music of the theme of what the map will look like or whatever the mood of what your making is.

One thing about it is the fact that your mind has to be there and it's all pshcyological.

It's a pretty cool story tho.

Quote from: eternal_renegade
Ok i am a decent mapper and I have one tip for you since you think it is tedious. Get something good to eat, stretch or whatever. Then when you make the map listen to some good music or listen to the music of the theme of what the map will look like or whatever the mood of what your making is.

One thing about it is the fact that your mind has to be there and it's all pshcyological.

It's a pretty cool story tho.

believe it or not dude....you opened a new door on making maps lol....thank you
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

Okay, so after a very brief hiatus (Super-mega-long overtime at work), I got back to work on resouping this project, and I've got several new screens for the game. Each of the following is a character bio that will be used in-game..

Dynielle Seralaw

Braxley Heggins

Nalia de Elric en Rose

Anansi Pendracoor

The Wraith, Willem Darktower

Myria Doph

do you have sprite for each of these characters???
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html