RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Playing movies in RMXP

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
In Rm2k/3 there was a Play Movie event command to play a small movie, but I can't seem to find it in RMXP.
So can it also be done in RMXP and how?

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
I've read that theres a script somewhere on http://www.hbgames.org .  I haven't seen it though.  Might try searching on their forums.

Credit to BlueScope of hbgames.org

General information: As I just found out, you can play AVI files with RMXP in a seperate window (exits fullscreen and minimizes your Game.exe). You can play the files with the audio play event commands, like "Play [insert audio resource type]". Depending on what resource type you choose, your replay settings will slightly change (explained below). Note that your video must be in the correct directory, e.g. Audio\ME\ to be selectable from the list.

Replay from BGM command: Oversaturated movie display, looping
Replay from BGS command: Normal display, looping
Replay from ME command: Normal display, not looping
Replay from SE command: Normal display, not looping

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7560.0.html

This is about all I could find on it.  Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:19:23 AM by Jalkson »

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
The script in that topic won't work for me. Whenever I call the script I get a syntax error....

I might take a look on hbgames.org, then

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?