RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
help: delete event. [RESOLVED]

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
okay i am not sure if i am posting in the right place... if i have done anything wrong please forgive me and move the topic  ;)

ok.. i just started with RPG maker xp and i learned pretty fast (without any help or tutorials! i am so proud :lol: ) but i have some questions:

1. i have 4 events doing the same thing (intro to the game) and they are placed all around the starting point. how do i erease all of them if one of them have ben activated?

2. how do i change the title screen?

3. is it posible to insert pictures and movies for cutsceenes?

4. how do i place mobs and make them move randomly around?

sorry for my bad english  :(
and thanks for your help  ;8

craksy 8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:10:44 AM by Nouman »

QUOTE:
"Hacking is just like sex: you go in, you go out, and then you just hope not to leave anything that can be traced back to you" :P

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
My god....read many more tutorials.

1. Switches.
2. System tab in database.
3. What the fuck do you think the show picture command is for?
4. Set Move Route -> Random

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
1.  Either use the erase event, or make a new page and use a self switch. ( I believe.. But I'm also not too sure.)

2. Resources -> Import the title screen you want to use.  Database -> System, than change the Title Graphic drop down to whatever the new title screen is. 

3. I know it's possible, I'm just unsure of how to.  I'd search the tutorials forum, I'm sure you'll find something.

4.  No clue.

Sorry if I was no help.

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
1: you could problebly set it to auto start and then use the local switch to make it go away.

2:the title screen can be changed through the database...

3:i know u can enter pics but only 2k3 i think can use movies unless someone else knows how too...

4:ummm mobs? alot or ppl you crate a bunch of events and set them on random movement...

if you dont understand any of this or very little it might help to look at some tuts...

lol its a what darklord said but longer...
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

thanks...

but the mob thing...
now i know how to make the mobs move around randomly.. i just need how to place then into my map... lol

QUOTE:
"Hacking is just like sex: you go in, you go out, and then you just hope not to leave anything that can be traced back to you" :P

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Make an event and put the graphics for the mob.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I guess he's learned fast but only the extreme basics. It took me quite a while. T_T And I still suck >_>

ok i changed it so have an even (just displaying some text) on autorun... in the end of the event i added "erase event" but still if i go to another map and goes back the event starts again... what do i do wrong?

QUOTE:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
My god....read many more tutorials.

1. Switches.
2. System tab in database.
3. What the fuck do you think the show picture command is for?
4. Set Move Route -> Random

Use a switch instead of erase event. Plus it will work if you do the 4 events surrounding thing. One switch. Hunt down Zeriab's signature if you don't understand them.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
>_>

You need a script for displaying movies.
Unfortunately the only script I've seen is not very stable and is more trouble than it's worth.

I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND THE DAMN SWITCHES!!!
here is what i did:

page1:
@>text: my text that i dont want to loop
@>control self switch: A=ON

page2:  (conditions i set self switch A to on)
@>text: more text i dont want to be repeated
@>control self switch: A=OFF

and both page 1 and 2 are set to "autorun"
but it gets repeated... what do i do wrong?

QUOTE:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, it is on autorun. Basically what you are doing is having the first page run, then you are activating the second page, then you are re-activating the first page. A simple solution would be to set another self-switch B ON instead of turning A OFF. Then make a 3rd page which is conditioned on Self-Switch B, and have it be an Action Key which has nothing in it.

THANKS! ! it worked!  ;8

QUOTE: