RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Java?

Rep:
Level 88
Is it any good because i was thnking of learning it?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Yes. It is worth learning.

The are some pros and there are some cons with it like with pretty much any other language.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's the only language I currently know, but if you're going to learn languages then Java should definitely be one of them.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Um, why?

Even small java apps require the computer running it to have a clunky virtual machine running. They're slow and have large footprints ?_?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Because it's widely used =/

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Java
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_performance

Not been stamped out yet, lol

<Alanna> Saying that Java is nice because it works on all OS's is like saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders

Spoiler for:
For no apparent reason, bash seems to have lots of lol java quotes

Chris: I hate the way flash slows browsers down
Steve: Try java, that slows it down much better

<BrettBits> My website's stat counter uses Javascript to detect whether or not my viewers have Javascript enabled.
<BrettBits> Naturally, it appears that 100% of the people visiting my website have Javascript enabled.

FuzzGod5: The next time someone asks me to write a java program that runs over a network connection, I'm going to print out an entire ream of paper with "try/catch" blocks, crush their heads with it, then jump on their corpse and shout "WRYYYYYYYYYYYY!" triumphantly.

<pixadel> Fine, Java MIGHT be a good example of what a programming language should be like. But Java applications are good examples of what applications SHOULDN'T be like.

<Sabrebutt> So, I started learning Java today.
<tacojon> eww
<tacojon> i hope you washed your hands afterwards
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:07:08 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 88
So what are the pros and cons of it. i'm not intelligent enough to understand the wiki pages.

Rep:
Level 92
The speed of Java isn't that bad.
At least not if you want to write applications for normal PC's

I mean. Java is loads faster than RGSS.

Anyway I suggest you download Eclipse if you want to write Java applications. It is quite nice.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I just use notepad and cmd =/

Rep:
Level 92
Notepad is always nice  :tpg:
It is generally just more efficient using a program like Eclipse.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
While we're on the topic of java, comments annoys me. It's just much easier for me to read the code straight =/

Rep:
Level 102
While we're on the topic of java, comments annoys me. It's just much easier for me to read the code straight =/

If you didn't use something like notepad (you mean plain old notepad right? that comes with windows?) you wouldn't mind them. I can't live without syntax highlighting now that I've seen it for myself.

I use Notepad++, it supports alot more than just html, php or css :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 92
syntax highlighting and auto-completion <3

<3
Rep:
Level 90
My Performing Arts teacher who is the school's IT teacher and "Wizard" at our school suggested Java because there are heaps of opportunities in the wild world of computers. Is that true?

~Winged