RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Awww, thanks everyone! ^_^
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 69

This is Glamour. She helps you a lot by giving you comfort, information and much, much more during your journey.

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle

This is Glamour. She helps you a lot by giving you comfort, information and much, much more during your journey.
That picture takes up too much of the text box. You should either place the picture on top of the text box (this might require re-sizing the picture, which I don't think you should do) or re-size the text-box so that it only surrounds the text. I basically think it looks weird how little of that text box is being taken up my actual text.

Rep:
Level 69
I already have resized it a lot, I have also moved the spacing of the picture a lot to the left. I honestly don't know what to do; her wings take tons of space. I don't think putting her on top of the text box would help at all. (Mostly due to actually making difference, you'd have to move it so high that it'd hide her face and you'd only see the focus being in her boobs, lol)

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, I thought that'd be the case, which is why I thought it would be a bad idea to place her on top of the text box.

Perhaps flip the image horizontally and then move her arm (this would be the one that isn't bent once the image is flipped) so that it's one the edge of the screen? You don't really need to see both of her wings because the player can infer what one wing looks like from seeing the other. I think that would look better, and it would give you much more room for the message text.

The wings are really the problem here, because the space below her right wing is just far too great IMO.

Rep:
Level 69
Yeah, I thought that'd be the case, which is why I thought it would be a bad idea to place her on top of the text box.

Perhaps flip the image horizontally and then move her arm (this would be the one that isn't bent once the image is flipped) so that it's one the edge of the screen? You don't really need to see both of her wings because the player can infer what one wing looks like from seeing the other. I think that would look better, and it would give you much more room for the message text.

The wings are really the problem here, because the space below her right wing is just far too great IMO.

The problem with flipping her picture is that her hair would be flipped too and it'd visibly not be like that in the charaset.  I did change font size (as well as window graphics while at it) and put it even more to the left though, so overall what do you think now?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I actually had very little problem with the amount of screen being used for text. What did bother me was the arrow at the bottom, it looks unclean at the center of the window if there's only text to the left of it.
It's been a while since I've done anything with RM, but is there an accessible way you can adjust the arrow's placement? If not, I'd be happy to put a little snippet together that makes it so. That is, if you agree with me on the arrow. That's just me though.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
I actually had very little problem with the amount of screen being used for text. What did bother me was the arrow at the bottom, it looks unclean at the center of the window if there's only text to the left of it.
It's been a while since I've done anything with RM, but is there an accessible way you can adjust the arrow's placement? If not, I'd be happy to put a little snippet together that makes it so. That is, if you agree with me on the arrow. That's just me though.

I am not sure, I use ATS Series by Modern Algebra. Sure, if a snippet that'd auto center it always relative to where the text begins (say, in this case more to the right) instead of always being in the exact center spot, it would look a bit better.

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, it's not the amount of screen being used for text that bothers me either, it's how much of the text-box is obviously not being used. Increasing the amount of text-box being used is one solution, but one of my other suggestions was to merely re-size the text window so it wrapped around the text, which I know is something that can be done vai scripts even though I've never touched the newest makers.

Rep:
Level 69
Yeah, it's not the amount of screen being used for text that bothers me either, it's how much of the text-box is obviously not being used. Increasing the amount of text-box being used is one solution, but one of my other suggestions was to merely re-size the text window so it wrapped around the text, which I know is something that can be done vai scripts even though I've never touched the newest makers.

Er, the messagebox is being used by the face too you know.  :malson2:

Rep:
Level 84
Have a GIF:

Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Getting some FF:mystic quest vibes from this.
Like it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
The aesthetic is almost 100% lifted from Kentona's use of FFV rips with the RTP in Hero's Realm. I really do believe that the RTP fits with FFV-style sprites much better than it does with the actual RTP charsets!

Rep:
Level 69
My game's getting ready for Steam Greenlight. As such, I'd like to show off a bit something different, the new and improved launch trailer that was improved based on feedback.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs3KLVtSmZ8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs3KLVtSmZ8</a>

Rep:
Level 84
The video looks good. I'd maybe consider starting it with a fade-in/fade-out of the title screen just so it doesn't drop straight into useful information.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Your game looks really amazing. <3
When will it be available on Steam Greenlight?
My vote is for sure. :) (\s/)

Rep:
Level 69
Your game looks really amazing. <3
When will it be available on Steam Greenlight?
My vote is for sure. :) (\s/)

Most likely this week still, I just have last minute testers give me a report for any minor polish that need to be done or if there's any bugs, there really shouldn't be because it's been tested on several computers through and through but you never know.  :malson2:

EDIT:

My game's on Steam Greenlight. I wasn't sure what to show for this ocassion so have a peculiar demon girl who dislikes humans. However, if you play through the game, you can actually become friends with her and find out the dark secret why the demons dislike and distrust humans.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:26:15 AM by Tuomo L »

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
humans are the worst
I do my best to avoid them
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 27
RMRK Junior
Screen from my game :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Pretty! :D I like how the images in the back are blurred.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 27
RMRK Junior
Pretty! :D I like how the images in the back are blurred.

Thank you! I wanted to achieve the effect of sidescroller/platformer horizon in outdoor locations. :)

Rep:
Level 96
I love the autumn colors.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

Rep:
Level 69
A witch's cabin

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:30:45 PM by Bowie »

Rep:
Level 84
I feel like those trees are so big that they look out of place compared to all the other trees.