RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
These are so damn smooth I have trouble believing I'm looking at an RM program.

Oh wow, thanks :D

I copied the way of animating skills like this from Alter AILA: Genesis, which is my favourite RM* game. It takes a lot of fiddling to get the timing right on the fade in/out between the character's battle animation and the skill's battle animation, but it's worth it when you see it in motion!

These are excellent! More more more!

:D

I actually finished doing them all now. There are a couple of other ones on the game's blog: http://sorelosersgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/devblog-sore-losers-riot-grrrl-updates.html

Anyway, I've been derping around with the RTP for a different game that's in the very tentative planning stage. I probably need to mess with the tinting on the rocks a bit but that's just a case of throwing it through Paint.NET or whatever:

Spoiler for:
In-game it is darker because, y'know, it's a cave:

Spoiler for:
The character sprite is also original, based on the template from these cuties. There are a few different versions and I'm not sure which I would use for the character in question yet (this is a very young game idea anyway!), but I think prefer the darker ones:

Spoiler for:
[/hide]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

Testing tilesets and things, these are probably going to be placeholder graphics as I just wanna get this game all done. I can always go back and snazzy things up a bit. Looking a bit empty at the moment but I'm mostly satisfied.

Please ignore the doggy, he is just for testing purpose.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Cute! :D Reminds me of pokemon graphics.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

that better be an altgame you're making

ATMOSPHERE ~~~
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:34:56 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
accidentally edited your posted instead of quoting it! D:
should be back to how it was.

also yes, it is
and what will the puppy be replaced with? :O
Spoiler for:
another puppy?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
accidentally edited your posted instead of quoting it! D:
should be back to how it was.

also yes, it is
and what will the puppy be replaced with? :O
Spoiler for:
another puppy?

Dats oke!

Spoiler for:
that is a secret

Rep:
Level 84

More minigame updates for Riot Grrrl. Pretty much done with all the revamping now!

Rep:
Level 84
Have another...

Rep:
Level 96
I like your mapping. :D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Quote from: Sated

The vent minigame shown above is something that happens during the second level of my game. During the third level there is going to be a similar sequence that takes place in some sewer tunnels. I don't plan on this sewer section being as integral to how the third level plays out as the vents are to the second level, but I do think they'll set-up what comes afterwards (which will remains a surprise) pretty damn well. So basically what I've been working on are the graphics for these sewer sections, and here are some examples that'd slot into the user interface shown above:

I think they're okay? I'm undecided. I intend to add some cracked/missing tiles to spice things up a little. I think I'm okay going without anything on the floor because the tiles already convey everything about depth/direction?

Rep:
Level 69
Here's a screen from my upcoming commercial game, ready this year still.  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 69
Name?

Save your Mother. It was a first place winner of Quest for Fun contest several years ago and I have been working on a commercial version ever since. I think I shared the freeware version download here too,  the freeware version was downloaded by 38892 people and I hope as many people also buy it since that'd make me some nice moneys.   :tpg:

You can find the Facebook page here, I'll update more info to there when it'll be time for Steam release

Rep:
Level 96
Good luck on your journey.

Since I'm here, might as well share some screens.
Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Stuck some ripped Crystalis graphics onto a tileset because I really like how that game looked. They're kinda challenging to work with, but I think they look cool. Credit for the original rip goes to Zephiel87, although fitting it to a chipset wasn't as easy as I thought it would be:

Spoiler for:

Here is a forest using graphics ripped from the same game. Credit for these go to HylianFox. Turns out NES graphic artists were more capable of making forest graphics than the RMVX/RMMV RTP spriters are ;)

Spoiler for:

I uploaded both the chipsets over on RMN if anyone is interested in them.

Rep:
Level 96
Those tilesets are rad and so is the mapping.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I agree that the rpg maker rtp graphics can be pretty awful at nature stuff, but that canopy texture is hideous. The blue and green colors are completely at odds with each other as well. It's like the artist couldn't decide between making a lush green jungle, or a dreary washed out swamp.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

First map attempt for the Lhuvia Tales MV. ;-;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That looks beautiful yuyu!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks, modern! :boe:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
I agree that the rpg maker rtp graphics can be pretty awful at nature stuff, but that canopy texture is hideous. The blue and green colors are completely at odds with each other as well. It's like the artist couldn't decide between making a lush green jungle, or a dreary washed out swamp.
It's mostly that my hatred for the VX/MV forest tiles is infinite.

@Yuyu: That looks amazing. Seeing shadows used well is always good.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Oh I definitely don't blame you. I was really hoping MV would ditch the square chibi aesthetic. Certain things are a little better. Others look like straight up resizes..-.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
That's really terrific