RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker XP... An idea to change tilesets forever

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
It might take a bit of programming knowledge but I know someone out there has the brqains to do this. What Im talking about is making Tilesets selectable rather then choose one Tileset for the map and thats it. Think about it...

You could have many different tilesets for example...

Trees
Flowers
Interiors
Exteririors
etc...

when you are mapping and you need something from trees you just go to trees and get what you want, if you want housing stuff you go to housing stuff and get something there,

this would mean no more Ultimate Tilesets that take hours to make passable and impassable, no hassle.

Maps would be fricken awsome. Why did Enterbrain ever decide to make us use one map and stick with it is down right crazy and unexplainable. So if you are interested in helping out the cause let me know and I will work with you. Thanks.

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
very interesting approach! we should invest in this new idea! (dony worry about me taking the idea) i am not interested in getting into a lawsuit! :^^:
Go suck a lemon! lol

lawsuit for modding RPG Maker XP, they cant do anything if you mod there game maker... hell whats Postality Knights anyway...

Crankeye you should talk to dubealex or something... he might just know how to do this.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Sacul
lawsuit for modding RPG Maker XP, they cant do anything if you mod there game maker... hell whats Postality Knights anyway...

Crankeye you should talk to dubealex or something... he might just know how to do this.

actualy dubealex and some other people are already working on a game maker... probably to busy to be editing something that you should just buy the legal version of anyway.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Quote from: Tsunokiette
Quote from: Sacul

actualy dubealex and some other people are already working on a game maker... probably to busy to be editing something that you should just buy the legal version of anyway.
But, does the legal version allow you to change the tilesets, without making the map screwed up? :)

or you could do what i did..just add all the maps i wanted together

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
nope, and as a note to people trying to modify rmxp, it's ILLEGAL!!!!!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

nope, and as a note to people trying to modify rmxp, it's ILLEGAL!!!!!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
Yea? But, a lot of things are illegal, and it is still done.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Mole666
Yea? But, a lot of things are illegal, and it is still done.

doesn't make em right though

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 91
According to the law, recording TV programs with a vcr is illegal, but yet every hardware shop sells video recorders and vcr's.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Wyatt
According to the law, recording TV programs with a vcr is illegal, but yet every hardware shop sells video recorders and vcr's.

errr... what law?

I belive you mean that it's illegal to rent a movie, record it, return the movie, then distrubute the illegal copy.

I've never heard of recording TV programs being illegal...

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 91
well see thats the thing diffrent countires have diffrent laws

like in my country we
have the law you can have it as long as your not giving it out
so I could have a pirated copy of a movie as long as
1 I never show it to anyone else
2 dont sell it

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
ok i dunno how that could be illegal man!! yes they have a copyright on the game but that is why we are not distributing a version of it or anything like that.  and to tell the truth about that, as long as at least 10% of the idea/thing is changed it legaly isn't theirs anymore. by changing the way that the tileset system works (seeing that the tileset being a giant part of the program) would most likely be counted as a 10% since not only do you have a different way of access the tiles, but you have a now new thing that would easily replace all tilesets all together. thus making it legal, all because they changed enough of it, now if it was less of a change, yes it can be illegal assuming that they had said not to change the original code

I dream of a brighter future, one where chickens can cross the road and not have their motives questioned!

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
GRAVE DIGGING THIS WAS MADE ON Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:36 pm

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
lol sorry i didn't know i was doing a search and didn't notice the date, wouldn't have revived it if i knew lol

I dream of a brighter future, one where chickens can cross the road and not have their motives questioned!

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Ah, no big deal. You're new so I'm not going to yell. 8)