RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Multiverse, or foresight?

Rep:
Level 88
We've all experienced De ja vu at one point or another.
Is this memory of experiencing a breif glimpse of an alternate universe masked within our own world? Or a premonition into the future?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Neither.
Yeh... This really isn't going for you... Wrong forums, only Arrow believes in stuff like that because he's a dangerous cultist. Edit: :V ( forgot to add it... )

Oh and your quoting something that says "science fiction" in the first few lines.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:47:41 AM by Deliciously_Saucy »

Rep:
Level 88
Do you believe in string theroy?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Do you believe in string theroy?
I don't believe in anything, as a fact that is. I think string theory is only being taken as seriously because it answers so much, not because it's plausible or has high evidence.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
There is nothing called as De Ja Vu, when the thing occurs, for example, your friend spilled the milk over your shirt, you get the feeling that you've seen this in a dream/predicted it. But actually its nothing.

Neither.

I so love this guy.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
I've seen images in dreams that later came to fruition years or even days later. Happens to me all the time. I'm teling you man, "hone in to the universe" facts and what is tangible dosen't have to be all there is to life.

Rep:
Level 88
Foresight my older bro and I both can do this too which is weird he is better at it tough saved my uncle's life.....Wait does that even pertain to the subject?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I've seen images in dreams that later came to fruition years or even days later. Happens to me all the time. I'm teling you man, "hone in to the universe" facts and what is tangible dosen't have to be all there is to life.

DId yuo read my post man, many people have proved it, its a feeling of the mind, when the thing happens, you just feel that you saw something, but actually you didnt.
Arlen is hot.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
"Foresight is nothing more than the mind forming a collage of things you do daily and the coincidence of such happening later. Only seeming as foresight through ignoring the daily task." (Tsunokiette)
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 88
"Foresight is nothing more than the mind forming a collage of things you do daily and the coincidence of such happening later. Only seeming as foresight through ignoring the daily task." (Tsunokiette)
Wow That was pretty thought out wasnt it? I slightly agree with you there.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

Lol, it actually only took a few seconds to type out. All it means is that we ignore little things we do every day, and "De Ja Vu" is a collage of what we do (but don't notice) throughout the day, and the exact same thing happening (chances were high it would sometime) later on.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 88

Lol, it actually only took a few seconds to type out. All it means is that we ignore little things we do every day, and "De Ja Vu" is a collage of what we do (but don't notice) throughout the day, and the exact same thing happening (chances were high it would sometime) later on.
BUt let us put in a situation liek you actually saved someone form dying how would we explain that?

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Um, lucky guess? lol

I think De Ja Vu is different from a premonition. Premonitions are rare, but I do believe that through Grace of God they do happen sometimes.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 88
Um, lucky guess? lol

I think De Ja Vu is different from a premonition. Premonitions are rare, but I do believe that through Grace of God they do happen sometimes.
Yeah my older bro suposedly saved my uncle one time....and predicted that 3 people in oru family would die and he never told us the people though.

BUt yeah  have "Deja Vu" a lot but I do have some premintions.

Rep:
Level 88
I actually foreseen someone's death as we both sat amongst friends, I thought to myself, you're going to die. a week later he was mugged and shot. he died hours later. I don't want to say I "willed" it to happen, but I just knew.

De Ja Vu, whether it's formed subconsciously or seen as foresight in a dream is still very real.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
okay, if you did see something like this, should've told him , even if he wouldnt believe.
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I don't want to say I "willed" it to happen, but I just knew.
I actually do believe in the power of the mind and that you can shape the world into whatever you see fit, though that really has nothing to do with premonition. Which I don't believe in.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Agreed.

For Gilga, its like 100% no, for me its 80% no 20 % yes.

BUT WHO KNOWZ.
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
On the subject of shaping the world into whatever you want, how do you like my new avatar? I have made the earth into a giant sex toy.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
On the subject of shaping the world into whatever you want, how do you like my new avatar? I have made the earth into a giant sex toy.
Yeh, it's hot...

I actually do believe in the power of the mind and that you can shape the world into whatever you see fit
Perhaps you can explain your beliefs more.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
It's not so crazy if you think about it. Reality is what you percieve it to be. If you see it as something else than someone else, then that is what it is, for you. In this way everyone controls the world. If a conviction is strong enough then it becomes reality. For someone with a mental disorder the world may be vastly different than it is for you or I.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
It's not so crazy if you think about it. Reality is what you percieve it to be. If you see it as something else than someone else, then that is what it is, for you. In this way everyone controls the world. If a conviction is strong enough then it becomes reality. For someone with a mental disorder the world may be vastly different than it is for you or I.
Ahh! Very well said. You mean like in the same area of the placebo effect? I thought you meant direct pysical manipulation through the mind. I actually believe generally the same, I just don't state it like that. The mind is a very complex situation, I think if someone believes in something it could be made into personal reality, as you said, mentally handicapped people see the world as a different thing.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Yes, it's much like the placebo effect. I feel that the mind can have direct physical manipulation, but the real question is wether/how much one is able to effect others and how much one's reality is effected by/effects that of others. For example I feel that if one truely believed without a doubt that he could fly then it is so, but other people do not believe that humans can fly. As such, will they see him fly? If he jumps off a high building, will he die? etc.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I still don't believe that that would fall under "outside manipulation", as while he himself may be deluded into thinking he's flying, I don't see how that could be a Peter Pan complex. If another person sees him flying because they think he can too, wouldn't that just be two mentally challenged people rather then just one?

Why do you think that it would be more logical for someone to only seeing him as falling because of their lack of belief in human in-air self propulsion rather then just, them being lucid?

Or do you mean because of their lack of belief it causes him to fail in flying? If this was so, then it would be very difficult to prove as the man could only fly in the presence of "believers" and outsiders could simply state that they are either lying or suffering from mass illusion.