RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My one day might be l337 spriting skills to rate.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Someone rate this. I was trying to make like "Enough graphics to make an entire game, but I don't think this is coming out so graet.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Two words: Burn it.

If you're going for a mario game effect, you're 1/3 way there. But this is just...not so good.

Score: 1/10
Co-Webmaster of The Gaming Alliance

Thanks to TheRaven off of The Players Guild.
R.P.G. Fan Game Status
[--TLOZ: Fierce Entity--]|||||||||||||||||||| - 3%

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Quote from: ShadowLink

If you're going for a mario game effect, you're 1/3 way there. But this is just...not so good.

1. Your mean.
2. I made these in my spare time, out of boredom.
3. They weren't intended to be super great.
4. Do YOU go for a mario game effect with rpg maker?

The worse I would give this is 3.8/10.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Its not that bad, better than i could do. But if you made an entire game like this, it could be cool.

6 / 10

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Quote from: dwarra
Its not that bad, better than i could do. But if you made an entire game like this, it could be cool.

6 / 10

See, Shadowlink? People can be nice.

Rep:
Level 90
Its not like me to be like this but, whoa, this looks like it was made with paint (Probably was)
I dont think its a good idea making an entire game out of this. Coz that wont be very good.

Quote from: dragonmagna

1. Your mean.
2. I made these in my spare time, out of boredom.
3. They weren't intended to be super great.
4. Do YOU go for a mario game effect with rpg maker?

The worse I would give this is 3.8/10.

*ahem*

Someone rate this. I was trying to make like "Enough graphics to make an entire game, but I don't think this is coming out so graet.

What did you expect me to say? 10/10?

EDIT: What's wrong with Mario effect? Your trees look like they were from one >_>

R.P.G. Fan Game Status

I'll give it a 4/10. Because I fully agree Dwarra.
I just think the building needs some work, and the trees and mushroom needs some shading.

Rep:
Level 91

if you have nothing good to say shut up :evil:

Quote from: thatsmypie
Its not like me to be like this but, whoa, this looks like it was made with paint (Probably was)
I dont think its a good idea making an entire game out of this. Coz that wont be very good.

there si nothing bad about paint. you can make alot of good stuff on it, and a game made with hat whould be good, its a one of a kind i whould play it. and games are about game play not looks :x

Quote from: dwarra

nicly said. ill give them 7.5/10, nice work.

@ gongo - I merely gave my opinion on his sprites. He has the right to ignore me and move on with his life, rather than argue with me. but since everyone seems to be angry at the truth, i'll sprinkle my statement with some sugar.

I'll give it a 5/10.

1 pt for attempting
2 pts for starting from scratch
2 pts for using paint.

My advice: Use either Ultimate Paint or GIMP.

Ultimate Paint is a freeware and you can download it at download.com

or you can use GIMP by just googling it. However, it's not exactly user friendly.

R.P.G. Fan Game Status

Hey, I've got some great links that you could use if you're going to use paint

http://www.pixelfreak.com/tutorial/
http://rhysd.syntesis.org/tutorial/
http://sprites.fireball20xl.com/HTML/tutorial.htm

I also suggest taking a look at other video games and their sprites to see how they're made - here's a good link for pictures

http://sprites.fireball20xl.com/NSA/HTML/nintendo.htm

Good luck on your video game! =)

Rep:
Level 89
the charecters look good but the buildings and trees are horrible

3.3/10

If you hate snakes then theres a 100% chance that i hate you!

Dont click here ------> http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?the%20serpent

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
@gongo- a 7.5? you must be blindi give it a 2 outta 10 because there is no way on earth that that is even close to how good you are, in fact if half the people on this sight actually tried theyd probably be better than me, including you now dont post anything unless you really tried or people will come to your house and make it blow up and half expect you to run out yelling "blarg I am dead!" now if anyone dares to say its better than a 3.5/10 i will tie a rope around there foot get in a car and drag you to the eye doctor so they can give lasik surgery and god may have pitty on you for being a retard and giving it a high rating, no offense but it sucks, you can do way better so dont even think about posting this

Quote from: Dr_Swordopolis
@gongo- a 7.5? you must be blindi give it a 2 outta 10 because there is no way on earth that that is even close to how good you are, in fact if half the people on this sight actually tried theyd probably be better than me, including you now dont post anything unless you really tried or people will come to your house and make it blow up and half expect you to run out yelling "blarg I am dead!" now if anyone dares to say its better than a 3.5/10 i will tie a rope around there foot get in a car and drag you to the eye doctor so they can give lasik surgery and god may have pitty on you for being a retard and giving it a high rating, no offense but it sucks, you can do way better so dont even think about posting this

*worships Dr_Swordopolis*

Pssh, telling me I was mean. If you wanted some feedback, you should have prepared yourself for critics. Instead, you expected 'OMG DUD3 TH4T T0T4LY RAWKS SO HARD IT'S HAWT. LET ME GIVE J00 A 300/10!!1111oneone'

R.P.G. Fan Game Status

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
You guys are losers. I know it isn't great, which is exactly why I said at the beginning "I don't think its great", I mean jeez. Your just being mean for the sake of being mean. Okay, maybe 7.5/10 is kind of high, but ITS HIS FRICKEN OPINION!
Dr. Swordoplois, you suck for the following reasons-
-You won't let people have an opinion
-You hate me for no reason
-Your mean to people who just want to see how GOOD they are....
I mean, thats just lame, man. Yeah, someone can say "I give it a 1/10", but just saying that WITHOUT saying WHY just makes you stupid. Its really lousy that there are some losers on this site who just go around putting people down instead of helping them.

gongo-
Thank you.

keisukeyui-
Thank you.

serpent-
I'm not good at buildings, so I can understand that.

Now someone lock this topic before Dr. Swordopolis and Shadowlink say not cool stuff again.

we, too, gave out our opinion. Yet you call us mean? Listen, kid, you either take it or dismiss it. No point in continuing to argue us about it because it'll get you no where.

You wanna know why it's not a good tile set?

-You've got weird trees that look like from the game 'Super Mario World' for the Snes.
-You put doors that are WAY TOO SMALL FOR SPRITES TO FIT IN
-You shouldn't have put a door in the first place
-You have weird stick torches (i think thats what they are)
-some more weird tiles
-other 'tiles' of some sort
-random patches of tiles (again)
-You're misusing the word 'your'

First of all, it's not 'your' as in 'you are', you use the compound grammar known as 'you're' to say 'you are'.

'Your' is what you are using to show which object 'it' belongs to.

Ex: "That's your score for the tile set."

Now this is when you use the other 'You're'

Ex: "You're mean to people who just want to see how GOOD they are...."

^by the way, you can't prove that.

EDIT: AND I QUOTE:

If you're going to put your work out in the public's eye, you have to be able to take all forms of criticism, especially insults. If you blow up as soon as someone says something bad, it looks really bad on your part. And wouldn't you want somebody to tell you the truth about your creation; that maybe it isn't good, or where you've gone wrong?

Now, if we can't get along nicely here, this topic will be locked. One more post having to do with the argument above, and then it's locked.

^FROM HALO OF THE SUN

R.P.G. Fan Game Status

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Wow, I'm honored someone finally feels I said something worthwhile.

Quote from: dragonmagma
Now someone lock this topic before Dr. Swordopolis and Shadowlink say not cool stuff again.

Not entirely sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but I'll lock it anyway.
:tinysmile: