RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Save Points & Animated Save Points [RMXP]

Rep:
Level 88
I AM NARKIDIN
 Save Points

Introduction

This is an easy one, but just in-case you can't get it to work we here at RMXP Forums are ready to help. So making a save point is easy, and adds more to your game then the default save system in RMXP.

Saving The Game

Right now RMXP is set up to save a game by means of the Game Menu. If the save is active it will be filled in; not in use it will be faded out (or gray). To turn the Default Save system off in your very first event ( like say the beginning of your introduction) have the event do the following:

1) From the Event Command Window click ALLOW/DISALLOW SAVING button. make sure the DISALLOW is checked then click OK.

Now the Save has been disabled from the game menu.

Setting Up The Save Point

Note: Unlike my other tutorials this one will go step by step (though my other tuts do as well) and by following what I say you will have created your first Save Point.

1) Right Click on your mouse where you want the save point to be. Then where it says GRAPHIC click it (click the box below the word GRAPHIC).

2) Pick the 048-Fairy 01 and then click OK.

3) Now click the <> in the large white box to your right. The EVENT COMMAND window will pop up.

4) Now click the MESSAGE button and type: “Do You Wish To Save Your Progress?” (type it with out the “ ”) then click OK.

5) Now click the SHOW CHOICES button and then click OK.

6) Now right below the [YES] HANDLER click the <>

7) Click TAB NUMBER 3 in the event command window and then click the OPEN SAVE MENU button.

8) Now right below the [NO] HANDLER click the <>

9) Click TAB NUMBER 1 and then click END EVENT PROCESSING then click OK.

And now you have just made a simple save point.

---Orochimaru

Animated Save System

Introduction

So now that you might have read my Save Point Tut, lets take it a step further and add some animation and other goodies to the system. And like before make sure you disable the Save from the Menu by clicking the ALLOW/DISALLOW SAVING in the EVENT COMMAND window (try and disable it in the very first EVENT in your game.

Setting Up The Animated Save Point

1) Pick where you want the Save Point at and pick the following GRAPHIC: 198 SUPPORT 06 (Top row; pick the first image).

2) Now in the NEW EVENT window check the box in the OPTIONS area (found in the lower left corner) and make sure you check the box that says: MOVE ANIMATION.

3) Now click the <> in the large white box to your right. The EVENT COMMAND window will pop up.

4) Now click the MESSAGE button and type: “Do You Wish To Save Your Progress?” (type it with out the “ ”) then click OK.

5) Now click the SHOW CHOICES button and then click OK.

6) Now right below the [YES] HANDLER click the <>

7) Click TAB NUMBER 3 in the event command window and then click the OPEN SAVE MENU button.

8) Now right below the [NO] HANDLER click the <>

9) Click TAB NUMBER 1 and then click END EVENT PROCESSING then click OK.

And now you have a Animated Save Point.

---Orochimaru
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 02:51:55 PM by deadly_diablo »

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
not bad, but...tonnes of screen shots would be helpful!
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM NARKIDIN
not bad, but...tonnes of screen shots would be helpful!

Only if your a newbie at RMXP...LOL.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM NARKIDIN
I'll up date it later and include a demo as well.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
It's done well. Screens would help the less event useful.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
I AM NARKIDIN
Yes, yes will update it later to night.