RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Quest Tutorial RPGMXP

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Its all me
Well I need a tutorial on how to make a quest in RPGMXP. I know it sounds like I didn't search it but I did. I found one decent one but I need some other types of quests. Such as: A guy is afraid of a monster and you need to kill it. Then it never appears on the map again. Or you need to buy something from the shop for someone. Stuff like that.

Also how would I get a system where when the players characters are lvl 5 or higher, they can change jobs? I'm having a class thing.

Thanks greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:35:22 PM by Himanshu »

Rep:
Level 88
Give me a second, and I'll show you how to do the quests.

Detailed step-by-step with pictures too!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:41:24 PM by Yami »

Its all me
Thank you so much!

Its all me
Thank you, this helped a lot. Also do you know if there is a way  that when all your characters are level 5 or above they can do a quest? Like get a job, kill stuff etc.

Rep:
Level 88
I need to look into that.  I thought there was an option for it in Conditional Branch, but I can't find it.  You could probably do it with a script though.  But in the meantime, you might want to look at the Conditional Branch event to see all the different kinds of triggers you can use for later and keep them in mind.

Its all me
Ok, thank you

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
since your problem has been solved by the SUPERHERO, I mean Yami, Please change the topic title and add [RESOLVED]
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
since your problem has been solved by the SUPERHERO, I mean Yami, Please change the topic title and add [RESOLVED]

technically it is only half resolved.
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 88
Aw... Yami You're so nice to people!  :D (nice signature, so freakin' cute). That tutorial helped me too. I might check out variables.

Rep:
Level 88
I can tell how how to make a conditional branch to check for the characters level.

basically you go and call a script for the condition... the script is... : (crap, i don't remember it, I will get it to you when i go home in a few days)
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 88
Aw... Yami You're so nice to people!  :D (nice signature, so freakin' cute). That tutorial helped me too. I might check out variables.
I like them because variables can be used like switches where you need more than just ON and OFF.  Like for different stages of things.

can u use variables as an easy alternative to switches coz i hate switches and find variables a lot easier to work with?

Rep:
Level 88
Yep, Variables can do everything a switch can and more.  Switches pretty much ARE variables except they can only be 0 or 1. I still like to use switches when they are necessary, but you can use all variables if you want also and it wouldn't make any difference.

Alright, I have the level 5 thing for you, Real simple.

1. Create a new event. (The person offering the job/quest)
2. Insert an event command (2nd Down on the right, Variable operations.)
3. Select the variable you wish to use, in this case I will use variable '0001: Hero Level'
4. Make operator as 'set' and tick the hero box, select the hero you wish, and make the second scroll box Level.
5. Create new event command (8th Down on the left, Conditional branch.
6. Sleect variable, asnd choose your variable. For constant select '5' and for the integer (Or w/e it's called :p Select '>=' (Greater than or equal to.)

Hope this helps. (You should be able to edit this easily.)

Rep:
Level 88
Hmm... that works... lol, i had completely forgot about that...
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I reccon Yami is the coolest newbie here
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.