RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help Wanted.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Writer: 2/2
Mapper: 0/2-3
Eventer: 1/2
Animator: 0/2
tester: 1/2

Well I am finally here looking for a few people. I hope someone responds to this...but if not, then so be it.

Who I need are as followed:

A Mapper (Good with RM2k/Rm2K3 type of chipsets and stuff). Mapper must first provide at least TWO sample maps of his/her work. (~2 needed)

Programmer/Eventer: This posisition is already filled by a friend of mine. So, no one needs to enter for this. I just put this here as a notice.

Tester: around a maximum of two of these for now, MYABE more later. That's a maybe.

Editor/Script Writer: A person to help me with the scripts (talking scripts, not RGSS). A person who can give opinions and try and imput their thoughts.

Someone who is good at Batle Animations:
Both I and my friend stink at this. It would be nice if we could get some help to try and spice everything up.

Maybe a spriter or two.  Just incase.

Sorry if this is to much...but I'm only asking just incase some are interested. And PLEASE, make this a warning/notice if you wish:

DO NOT JOIN AND THEN QUIT. We may be needing you in the future. ONLY if something happens that this has to be abandoned or shut down should you leave. This will TAKE TIME and is not being rushed.

Thanks!  ;D

-LaVaTa OrIcUnA-

==========================STORY (rough outline of the basics)=======================

=========Children Of The Sin=========

Characters.

Lance
Weapon: His Father's sword.
Bio: When he was but a young boy a terrible fate was bestowed upon him. It was his birthday, the happiest time for him: it was a time when his family was finally all together. They were finally able to spend time with one and other. Seeing as how his father was usually always away from home and his mother was busy with other things...they did not spend much time together, at all.

It was going to be a suprise: the sword in which Lance was fascinated with. Sure, swords were a bit dated...but Lance seemed to always prefer them. It was his fathers: a sword in which held many stories and secrets, buffed up and completely redone to suit yet many years more. Lance had been sent to town. His home was away from the rather small town, near a lake which held crystal-clear water and was the perfect place for boating, trouting, and many more activities. It was more peaceful there.

However...when he arrived home he was indeed granted a great suprise. A suprise which surpassed all other gifts in his life. One in which he would never forget. The grotesque sight of his parents mangled corpse lay before him. The room was stained with their blood: red rivers of death ran along the floor from their decapitated bodies to form larger pools of the substance. On the floor, under the severed limbs was a banner marked with the words "Happy birthday" on it. There had also been a cake on the table, which was by now, blood-covered and ruined. He had been shocked. He could not move, breath, think, anything. Everything had left him. However, he managed to pull himself together enough to run screaming back to town for aid. But of course..it was already to late for his parents.

He got help. But he later thought it useless. He was given the word he was meant to get as a suprise. One of the villagers offered to clean it fr him..it was the least they could do. They offered to help him more, but were rejected. Lance was now forever stricken with that image engraved into his head. Burnt there, staying to forever torture and torment him whenever he dared to dream.

Later, when the war started, Lance was forced to join. And thus begins his story.

=================

Aika
Weapon: Gun.
Bio: Aika is but a young girl who was taken from her family. When the war began the soldiers from the GEN society tore through her city, killing everyone who was of no use to them and taking those who were strong enough to fight with them. It just so happened that Lance had been there. Lance stopped the soldiers from killing her and brought her back to the base himself. However...he could not do the same for her family, seeing as they were dead quite a while before he arrived. She often wonders what his reason was. Whenever she tries to ask him he ignores her. She usually gets fed-up with Lance, but still sticks by him. She is currently in custody of the GEN society. (GEN being short for Generation).

=================

Anite
Weapon: Creta and swords. She refuses to use new-generation technology.
Bio: Anite is a member of TESTAMENT. This group thinks of the world as a living, breathing organism and refer to it as "Mother Gaia." They believe that if humans interfere to much with it, then it will defend it's self and wipe everything out. So, because of this, they are strongly against the GEN Society and their beliefs.

Anite was sent into the HQ of GEN in order to retrieve and send back information from GEN to TESTAMENT. She is a sneaky, powerful and strong-minded young woman who will do anything in her power to please her superiors and bring down GEN.

=================

Ren
Age: 7-8 in appearance. In reality he is around 2-3 years of age.
Weapon:
Bio: The youngest member of the GEN Society. He is one of Einte's creations: a homunculus or sorts. He, unlike the others, refuses to fight . This is usually suspected to be because of his defection. He was flawed when he was created and needs a special creta in order to regulate everything in his body. This stone is embedded into his chest, and is one of his great weaknesses. He is usually seen gallivanting about the HQ with Aika, trying to keep her company. To Aika, he is the only one worth talking to at the HQ.
=====================================

Villains

Einte Terrin
Weapon: Strong physical and mental abilities.
Bio: (Only a short bio can be given here without giving away to much.) Einte, while she was younger, studied alchemy with her best friend Blain. Blain, of course, was considered to be her boyfriend.

However...one glorious evening they had both finally managed to crack the secret: the secret to creating the philosophers stone. Once this news got into the hands of of TESTAMENT, however, they quickly took matters into their own hands. Fearing for the future of their mother, they were quickly ordered by their leader, Wilheim, to hunt down and exterminate the two alchemists before they put their theory's into action.

Einte managed to escape Wilheims grasp...but by the sacrifice of Blain. She was stricken with sorrow and guilt, feeling that it was her fault that everything happened. She regretted everything. But then it finally hit here...if she was to truly create the stone then she could bring him back. She tried to do so. She even created a homunculus just in-case it didn't work out right...which it did not. Her experiments with the stone failed and she was badly wounded. However, she was able to transfer her soul to that of the Homunculus and obtained an image that sort of resembled her former one. Doing this, however, drove her to the brink of insanity: If she could do this continuously...then she would forever try the experiment until she managed to bring Blain back.

However, like most people given the taste of power and eternal life, Einte soon forgot about this goal and went on to test her experiments further. This led to the creation of GEN.

Here is some art of her:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/YashaKodachi/Einte.jpg (Just copy and paste that URL into the address bar.)

It was not drawn by me.

Wilheim
Weapon: Strong mental abilities.
Bio: Leader of TESTAMENT, Wilheim seeks to bring the secret of the philosophers stone into his grasp so that he can maintain the balance and protect mother gaia from harm. He is overwhelmingly strong, but usually does not show it unless it is a dire situation. He sent Anite into the GEN society in order to gather information for his use.

Wilheim is not considered 'evil' by anyone in particular. However, he is placed in the villains category of the story.
========================================================================================
Story

Lance, a young boy, lost his parents at a young age. This nightmare forever pesters him, gnawing at him, hoping that he will eventually cave in and submit to the pain. While growing up he shunned everyone who ever tried to help him. He was traumatized by what he saw that day and every time he dared to dream it came back to haunt him. He had been afraid...afraid that something terrible might happen again if he was ever to get close to anyone else...so he just kept to himself.

However, when the war comes about, Lance is forcefully made to join the GEN Society (GEN being short for Generation.) A society that wished to advance the world and forcefully shove it into the future. The boy was made kill and to show no mercy to those opposed GEN, so he eventually was attuned to the sins in which he was made commit: they were part of his daily life now.

However...while out on one certain mission he happened to come across a young girl: Aika. When he saw her something snapped inside of him, it fixed it's self and for one instant showed him something which led him to save her. Aika was just as confused as he was, but was never able to pry the answer from him. Lance was able to convince their leader to not kill Aika, so she took custody inside of the HQ, making friends with one of the children there. The child was no normal one though, he was a walking weapon, one of the leader's tools. She saw something in him though...something that no one else had. He made her feel comfortable and sometimes helped her get to Lance on some occasions. Even to this day though, Aika still has not been granted her answer.

TESTAMENT, an anti-GEN society that was formed ages before GEN sent one of their best into the innards of the GEN HQ in order to retrieve information and send it back to their leader: Wilheim. TESTAMENT was a group that thought the world was a living, breathing being and that if GEN continued to do what they did then the earth would punish all humans and purge it's self of it's sickness.

Now, both the past and future will collide to unfold an even greater story. The story of a boy and a girl who are the keys to mankind's survival and the story of a love that was torn apart by hope.

And so it begins....

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:56:23 PM by Lavata »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Looks good! too bad it isn't xp  :tpg: of I would have went for mapping.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You also should put the maker you are using at the top of the page.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

A Mapper (Good with RM2k/Rm2K3 type of chipsets and stuff)

well, it says right there. But yes it could be more visible I guess.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 90
I'd love the script writing one. If you want examples of my ability to be... creative, here's a link: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9221.msg133741.html#msg133741.

I'll finish reading the bio's of the characters, but the bit I skimmed looks good. I just wanted to get this post in.

Edit: Now that I have finished reading everything, I must say that I am very intrigued. This sounds like a great story to work with and I would be honored to help in any way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:48:10 AM by purifier »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

A Mapper (Good with RM2k/Rm2K3 type of chipsets and stuff)

So is it 2000 or 2003?

well, it says right there. But yes it could be more visible I guess.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ah, right then.  I at least got one person!

Writer: 2/2
Mapper: 0/2-3
Eventer: 1/2
Animator: 0/2
tester: 1/2
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:55:55 PM by Lavata »

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Tester 1/2 I'll help you Lava
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks Morris.

Well...i think we're starting off with something different than the above posted story. I'm going more fantasy-ish for this project.

So, Purifier...think you could help me come up with a decent Fantasy-type of story?

Rep:
Level 90
No problem. Fantasy is my favorite genre, so I don't think I should have any difficulty with that.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Good, good. I'll just send you the outline. It's nothing near solid.

Oh, and is anyone up for the job of the animations person? I need one soon.