RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Scarred [RMXP]

Rep:
Level 88
UPDATE!

More Characters! Check out the first post!

Added more facesets!

Added "Description of Classes" Fighter and Mage type class descriptions are up.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back and...

Character Spots are Filled!

Huzzah! :lol:

Update:

All character spots filled.

Artist is at work. I'd show you something, but I'll wait till she finishes one. ;)

Nothing much done since I've been busy/sick.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Everything sounds good so far. This should be interesting to see how exactly you add all the characters in.

If you ever need sprites or faces or something, just ask.

Rep:
Level 88
Long time, no progress.

Update:
Armor Database Finished! 87 armor items!

Storyline Finished! I'll try to update the first post with some more story later.

Mapping about 50% complete!

Art has begun being worked on.

I've decided to be mean and not post a public demo till the game is finished. ^-^

Closed testing is available though. PM me for details. (Note: Demo isn't ready quite yet. Just getting ready.)

EDIT: Also finished the Class Descriptions.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 02:07:21 AM by Final-Knight »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Long time, no progress.

Update:
Armor Database Finished! 87 armor items!

Storyline Finished! I'll try to update the first post with some more story later.

Mapping about 50% complete!

Art has begun being worked on.

I've decided to be mean and not post a public demo till the game is finished. ^-^

Closed testing is available though. PM me for details. (Note: Demo isn't ready quite yet. Just getting ready.)

EDIT: Also finished the Class Descriptions.

Darn you!  :tpg: just had to be mean. Well, at least we know your still working on this.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 88
Just so you know, the Closed Tests will not be the full game except for the last one. Here is a rough idea of the closed tests.

1. Battle Test- Basically the tester's job will be to try to cause an error by playing the crap outta one big battle on a large map.
[Test Start: Before the end of January]

2. Map Test- Test all the maps to find errors/improvements.
[Test Start: When I get all maps finished]

3. Event Test- Will skip all battles just making sure the events are all working correctly.
[Test Start: Near game's completion]

4. Final Test- The full game. Will be tested before released.
[Test Start: 2 weeks before release]

If you want to be on any of these teams, just PM me. Do NOT post here about joining the team. PM is the only way.

That is all.

Rep:
Level 88
I've decided to redo the maps for the game. I'm now using the "Exterior" and "Interior" tilesets by The Inquisitor. Just to show the difference, here is a screen of the castle in the opening scene with the new tileset.

Like? If not, too bad. This makes it so I only have to use 2 tilesets. Considering this game won't have a lot of maps, this is excellent. Most of the game will be scenes and battles.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I gotta say, i like that map more then i liked the other map.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Map needs some work, use some more tiles. The bottom part should also be more random.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks for the opinions. I'll work on the maps some more. I have to update the first post with new screens. :-\

EDIT: Finished the screens. IF you notice, it's the same areas, just a different tileset.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 06:04:09 PM by Final-Knight »

Rep:
Level 88
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,24485.0.html
^Recruitment post for Battle Test^

For once, I did something on time. :P

Anyway, check out that post for more details. Test 1 Ready!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I've never used the tileset that you're using, so I don't know the tiles, but the castle is a little bland looking. Too square.

Rep:
Level 88
Ah, yes. You are right there. I'll see if I can improve it. This is my first time using this tileset, so I'm a little unfamiliar. :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
So, how's the game coming? Did you ever fix that error in the battle system?

Rep:
Level 88
Um... yeah about that... There is a major problem. The TBS I had won't work, so I'm canceling this project until I can get something. I know what I'd really like and that would be a RTS battle system, but that may not be possible.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Zylos, fetch the noose.
Final-Knight, for the crime of High Treason; that being you not finishing your game. I sentence you to a hanging.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
no!  :'(

Please finish it, it looks very promising.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, I said canceled but I think its just on hold for now. I've found a decent set of scripts that, with some small edits, may just bring this project back to life.

And, I not just saying this to avoid being hanged. :P I didn't know that you guys liked the idea so much to hang me over it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, PM me if you ever decide to reopen this project. For now, I am moving it to Abandoned Projects.

Rep:
Level 88
It's baaaack. I've started working on this again. I finally found a TBS that will work correctly. :tpg: